PDA

View Full Version : NATS OTS make up

Oilhead
6th Sep 2020, 14:06
Curious if anyone from EGGX or CZQX etc are here.

Not sure who has final authority on daily OTS track construction but for some time there has only been one track each way.

I am making generally two crossings a week and I am wondering why bother constructing any organized tracks now. If there is only one track to start with then anything else is random. Why bother creating a single one? Why not three or four so there are back up alternate tracks available. If the answer is insufficient traffic, then why not just the Atlantic to be operated on a random track basis?

I was filed last week on a the single track Zulu going Eastbound and we were denied it by Gander and therefore had to all the work Associated with getting new flight plans drawn up for a random crossing. Very high workload within 30 minutes of OEP.

Yesterday I came Westbound and Got Alpha but with a crossing restriction that made us scratch our heads. Cross OEP Dinim FL400 M.86 but with very narrow two parts crossing time restriction. First time in 35 years of doing this to get a restriction such as the one we were given.

So I would like a bit of a chat or email with someone qualified to answer questions behind the thinking.

Thanks!

[email protected]

Roger That
8th Sep 2020, 20:19
Oilhead check your PMs.

thelowestlevel
1st Nov 2020, 19:57
Oilhead check your PM's

Speed_Alive_V1
1st Dec 2020, 22:16
Would also like info on this if you would like to PM me too, thanks!