PDA

View Full Version : Threat to flights at LHR - 15th August 2020

Alchad
3rd Sep 2020, 15:51
Hi,

Came across this post on a Facebook flight tracking forum

Hopefully someone can help?

I had a flight out of Heathrow cancelled when I was in the airport on 15.08.20. In summary, I arrived at destination 7 hours late and the airline lost my luggage.

I claimed for compensation under the EU261 Regulations and they have turned me down on the basis that the flight was cancelled due to ‘unspecified threat to LHR-flights’. I have asked for evidence of this, but they will not provide and I can’t find any evidence myself.

1) Does anyone know how I can find details of departures from Heathrow on the same day. This is because I need to prove that the so called threat, did not affect any other flights.

Just thought it sounded very strange for a couple of reasons, firstly that I'd have thought something like that would have made the news and secondly that I thought the airline (it was SAS) would have been more forthcoming.

Just wondered on your thoughts?

Dupre
3rd Sep 2020, 16:21
I operated out of LHR on that date, early afternoon. Certainly wasn't aware of any issues.

For a real summary of movements, flightradar24 has paid options that keep data for up to 365 days.

Pistonprop
3rd Sep 2020, 17:10
Bear in mind, the way it is worded, that the threat may not have been at LHR but to SAS flights with destination LHR or "London". If the inbound was cancelled than so was the outbound of course.

Pistonprop
3rd Sep 2020, 17:13
Here you go:

https://www.tellerreport.com/news/2020-08-15-bomb-threat-at-stockholm-arlanda-airport---sas-flight-canceled.B1Eh7uYSMw.html

Dupre
3rd Sep 2020, 17:19
top notch investigating!

Pistonprop
3rd Sep 2020, 17:42
Just 5 seconds on Google ;)

Alchad
3rd Sep 2020, 18:02
Pistonprop,

Many thanks. Out of curiosity, what was you Google search phrase? I tried "Heathrow threats 15th August 2020 " and got nothing!

Musket90
3rd Sep 2020, 19:38
Alchad - As the threat was to Stockholm airport and not Heathrow this may be why the Heathrow Google threat search didn't come up with anything