PDA

View Full Version : Kinloss security

NutLoose
3rd Sep 2020, 12:37
Read the comments, it doesn't say much good about it...

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/uk-soon-to-receive-two-more-p-8-poseidon-maritime-patrol-aircraft/

pr00ne
3rd Sep 2020, 13:09
Nothing new. The vast majority of the V-Force bases had waist height wooden fences as perimeter protection.

Pegasus107
3rd Sep 2020, 14:19
Build them too and the pilots won’t get their aircraft over them 🙄. Waddo for example!

Harley Quinn
3rd Sep 2020, 15:21
The fishing report was useful

biscuit74
3rd Sep 2020, 21:56
Nothing new. The vast majority of the V-Force bases had waist height wooden fences as perimeter protection.

Yes, and even the gates in those were sometimes left open. Many many years ago a friend and I drove down to the Farnborough show. As we were poor students we took a tent. On the way back up North we decided to camp near an RAF base for the night, hoping to see some aircraft the next day. The fog had come down at dusk and we drove around very slowly trying to find a spot to camp. We set up our tent and went to sleep. A few hours later we heard aircraft engines, surprisingly close. We looked out the tent flap to find the fog was lifting and light spreading , with an aircraft taxying past. We were just inside the base, camped rather near a taxiway. That was the fastest tent collapse and departure I've ever done! Fortunately the RAF Police Land Rover didn't pass by till we were safely outside, though we got carefully scrutinised.

Happy days, when things were done differently.

TBM-Legend
4th Sep 2020, 01:47
The fishing report was useful

I note that you have a chance of catching crabs there. I'd say be careful of some of the local lasses then!