PDA

View Full Version : So this is what an Air Marshall does!

Hot 'n' High
2nd Sep 2020, 16:43
In a fit of boredom, thought I'd update myself on what it's really like in Aviation .... according to www.postfun.com which has this endless list of do's, don't's and "useful facts" for the education of travelling public. I was bored .... that's my defence. :ok:

I came across this which made me laff! Shows the power G@@gle has to mislead - and yet provide a comedy moment. I always wondered what all those 3*'s got up to ... and now I know!!! Well, it's on the Interwebthingy so must be right!! And, it seems that, in 2014, their numbers were cut by 3,500 .... so just how many were there in total in 2014?????? I know the Forces are top-heavy but that is outrageous! :=

https://www.postfun.com/travel/flight-attendants-reveal-secrets-of-flying-and-what-its-really-like-working-for-an-airline/38/

This one must be a Trainee as he's just an AVM!!! :}

Ah well, off to walk the goldfish or something else to relieve the boredom!!! Cheers, H 'n' H

Top West 50
3rd Sep 2020, 20:06
Learn to spell

Hot 'n' High
3rd Sep 2020, 20:27
Learn to spell

Lol! :}

As soon as I spotted my mistake I wondered how long it would be before someone would comment.

TW50, the prize is yours - had I got one to give out! :ok: Toodle-pip! H 'n' H

PS I wonder who the poor chap is who adorns said web page? Hopefully not the pinnacle of his career! Riding shotgun on some budget US airline!

NutLoose
3rd Sep 2020, 21:17
Excellent item, I remember all the fuss over having their wings sown to their woolie pullies... it was all a bit sad really lol

just another jocky
4th Sep 2020, 06:48
Unsure as to whether the OP's sense of humour runs to deliberately linking to an article about US airline Air Marshalls, you know, the ones who carry guns and protect the aircraft against terror attacks. Hence the fact that they were able to cut 3500 of them.

Nothing to do with said AEF pilot pictured!

Maybe my sense of humour isn't awake yet.

Hot 'n' High
4th Sep 2020, 07:49
Unsure as to whether the OP's sense of humour runs to deliberately linking to an article about US airline Air Marshalls, you know, the ones who carry guns and protect the aircraft against terror attacks. Hence the fact that they were able to cut 3500 of them.

Nothing to do with said AEF pilot pictured!

Maybe my sense of humour isn't awake yet.

Morning jaj, indeed, just me warped sense of humour 're the concept that the great unwashed now, thanks to some miss-G@@gling by the Website author, think that the hired guns defending them on their budget US carriers are RAF VSOs. Well, they would do if they had any clue as to RAF badges of rank - or, dare I say it, even what the RAF is if it's the "great US unwashed" who see it! I do hope said VSO does not choke on his cornflakes (assuming he is eating breakfast at the time) if he ever gets to see what his photo has been linked with!

My side-dig re numbers was linked to that perennial trend for comments on PPRuNe about the number of, for example, Admiralls per ship we have in the RN (please note - deliberate misspelling used just to ensure consistency for poor TW50 :ok:!!!).

Re all the above, for those "not amused" or simply doubting my sanity (and, tbh, that's a fair call, Guv!), this is what 3 decades in the Mob does to one - tho a few years Contracting with BAE Systems afterwards didn't exactly help my mental welfare either!!!! :}

Anyway, twas just a bit of light-hearted musing in a time when such is fairly lacking in the world of aviation....... :O Cheers, H 'n' H

just another jocky
4th Sep 2020, 07:58
Morning jaj, indeed, just me warped sense of humour 're the concept that the great unwashed now, thanks to some miss-G@@gling by the Website author, think that the hired guns defending them on their budget US carriers are RAF VSOs. Well, they would do if they had any clue as to RAF badges of rank - or, dare I say it, even what the RAF is if it's the "great US unwashed" who see it! I do hope said VSO does not choke on his cornflakes (assuming he is eating breakfast at the time) if he ever gets to see what his photo has been linked with!

My side-dig re numbers was linked to that perennial trend for comments on PPRuNe about the number of, for example, Admiralls per ship we have in the RN (please note - deliberate misspelling used just to ensure consistency for poor TW50 :ok:!!!).

Re all the above, for those "not amused" or simply doubting my sanity (and, tbh, that's a fair call, Guv!), this is what 3 decades in the Mob does to one - tho a few years Contracting with BAE Systems afterwards didn't exactly help my mental welfare either!!!! :}

Anyway, twas just a bit of light-hearted musing in a time when such is fairly lacking in the world of aviation....... :O Cheers, H 'n' H

Definitely too early for me. :ok:

Stitchbitch
5th Sep 2020, 14:20
Nice to see my former Sqn boss gainfully employed :}