PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Wave @WY

BOEMBUS
30th Aug 2020, 07:13
The last and final wave of furloughs has arrived.

fatbus
30th Aug 2020, 09:26
Ok I'll bite , how many ?

BOEMBUS
31st Aug 2020, 02:31
Today is another sad day.
Majority of non-locals are being laid off,due to the grim forecast of only flying a third of total fleets, will be expected to operate for the upcoming year to 18 months.
Hence, the drastic measures.
Fatbus, I wasn't being facetious, merely stating a fact.

White Knight
31st Aug 2020, 04:08
Nothing to do with being facetious; it's just helpful to add a little information to your one-liner of an opening!

BOEMBUS
31st Aug 2020, 04:41
Granted. Was a tad vague. My apologies.

SVC1972
1st Sep 2020, 16:22
Oman Air won’t be happy until every expat has left.

Farrell
2nd Sep 2020, 04:07
"Oman Air won’t be happy until every expat has left."

That's categorically untrue.
I've listened to all this drivel for weeks now.
There are guys at Oman Air and in other aviation sectors within Oman who have been here for years and share very harmonious relationships with their Omani hosts.

I for one have been here knocking on fifteen years, and never once have I had the impression that my job was at risk because of where I came from.
This 'us vs. them' mentality is tiring.

Apart from (same as everywhere) a few misguided / immature people, locals in our sector don't care where you come from as long as you can do the job properly, and deal with 'What to do, yanni'.

And when you are no longer required (as for any project where you are an employee or a contractor) you get let go.
If you can't deal with the cut and thrust of employment, then start your own nine figure airline business, and we will see how benevolent you are when the proverbial hits the fan blades.

I've sat in on meetings over the last few months that have involved various entities within the larger Oman aviation / transport sector and they have tried everything to lengthen the timeline of when folks need to be let go.

Helmet on now, but seriously...
Your job is on-hold. It's their right to terminate you if the business, or lack of it, requires.
Any contractual grief you come across should not be a surprise to you, as PPrune has been around long enough for you to read how it works over here before you left wherever it is you were before coming.

Put the experience in your pocket. Go home. Start looking for other work.
Whining about it is useless.

BOEMBUS
2nd Sep 2020, 05:09
Hear, hear.....

Xiamen
2nd Sep 2020, 09:01
Which fleet are you on, Farrel? Are you grounded as well?

Farrell
2nd Sep 2020, 09:37
CAA - or whatever we are calling ourselves this month.

Ramones
3rd Sep 2020, 06:52
Farrell

just two points , because to be correct when talking is always a good behavior:
in the so called “old continent “ when you have a permanent contract, if something happen to your company (ie Covid19 or bankrupt and so on), WE have labor laws where you can be put on redundancy (or other tools) respecting the seniority ( or other social parameters like number of sons etc etc ). Everything is done taking bare in mind that it can’t be fired none taking into account nationality, religion , sex and so on.That means in concrete that for example in my company, where we have “expat” they have exactly the same rights of the nationals . If we start put people in redundancy, I hope not, it will be only following seniority and the other criteria I wrote above , not “expat” first .Other important thing is we proved “social supporting tools” ( I.e. emergency salary , housing , medical assistance) to all these people that are loosing job, not only to locals.
this just to be correct , when you speaking about , go home and find another job.
by the way as I said I’m not working in WY just to be very clear .

Python27
3rd Sep 2020, 08:51
Nailed it.

Farrell
3rd Sep 2020, 10:14
Yes, of course.
It was said as what is necessary to do if the current situation does not work for those who are now on leave without pay, and was my own statement - not that of Oman Air.
This situation for sure has not been taken lightly by the company.
Thank you for your clarification.

Ramones
3rd Sep 2020, 10:38
Farrell

your welcome anytime take care

BOEMBUS
3rd Sep 2020, 11:50
Where do I start with your sub-par level of explaining.. Glad you are not a pilot.

If you are being bitter about it all, think back hard at how different multinationals are treated compared to the locals in GCC..
Speak truth... You are a laugh a minute Ramones. Obviously Italian.
What you have said, has a pinch of truth, the rest is just cry baby stuff.

Where do I start.... Too many different approaches to quash your "I'm from the west and how dare you fire me BS".

I will not succumb to that, I'll leave it you to man up, grow up and look to a brighter future, instead of all this ex-employer bashing{be it you or one of your many friends living in Oman for years }.

A big number of expat pilot are now doing a runner and leaving behind loans of up to $500000. Why? Because they can apparently..
No country from this end will pursue the thieving, conceited, overly-privileged, arrogant western pilots. They've found a loophole. Leave before your next loan payment and you are clear.
Dumb and dumber rings to mind..

Ramones
3rd Sep 2020, 11:58
I don’t even waste time to answer
I am Italian and proud of it
we have labor law from 1900

BOEMBUS
3rd Sep 2020, 12:37
Waiting for the standing ovation...

krismiler
3rd Sep 2020, 12:45
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/oman-air-lays-off-pilots-including-indians-on-boeing-787-airbus-330-fleet-5787401.html/amp

TogaTaxi
3rd Sep 2020, 12:49
This thread had me dying of laughter

hamed7x7
3rd Sep 2020, 14:35
Things were not done in the right way. Yes the company need to save money and it is the companys right to put Omani pilots first. After all they have nowhere else to go.

But, the company handled the last 6 months in a very bad way, because it broke the contract promises that were made to foreign pilots. Covid supreme committee approved up to 30% pay cut for three months for everybody, that was it. We all accepted althogh it was difficult. But expat collegues had salary cut by 80%. This is against the Oman labor law, Supreme committee never approved this large cut, and did not approve that expats should be cut more. Also no other big company in Oman did this different treatment. Why does the company do things that are against the law?

If the terminated pilots now sue the company they will win, it will cost Oman Air more in court costs and bad reputation. Now the Omani pilots are back on 100% salary while 100 remaining expats are on 50%, open ended but at least 6 months. Also all expat cabin crew are on 30% while Omani crew earn 100%.

This is all illegal, as unpaid leave more than 30 days does not exist in the labour law. Any such step would have to be agreed with the workforce. Cutting housing allowance, also not allowed, as it is against the signed contract. But the expat pilots and also cabin crew were not asked. The company put it on them because company knows everybody is too scared to speak up.

Is there another airline where a junior first officer on narrow body makes more salary then senior wide body Captain? It is still against the law and will come back to bite us when these pilots and cabin crew sue. Which they surely will when they are terminated later.

Also Oman is a proud nation. All the terminated pilots will speak very badly about Oman and Oman air because of the way things were done. Many pilots found out they were terminated from logging into the roster, they were not informed by the company until the meeting days later. This is not the way to do it. They will not be good ambassadors for Oman.

Same with all the passengers who booked tickets and are not getting refunds for cancelled flights. This is very bad I hope we go back to doing things the right way in the future to save our reputation. Saving money is needed but not at the cost of breaking the law and destroying the reputation.

Farrell
3rd Sep 2020, 15:20
TogaTaxi

As it should! :)

fatbus
3rd Sep 2020, 20:07
Good luck sueing a company faced with survival, 100% of nothing is nothing . many Labour contracts being null and void,supported by governments . Desperate times call for desperate measures .

hamed7x7
5th Sep 2020, 08:13
Fatbus, listen my friend, I don't know if you are Omani but you are getting a few things wrong about Oman, and about Oman Air. Oman is not a banana republic where the law only applies to companies when it suits them, and other times, companies and powerful people can violate the regulations. Perhaps this was 20 or 30 years ago but not now. We are an advanced nation marching towards prosperity and we have a strong rule of Law. We don't care what other countries are doing wrong, we have never copied their lead, they can do their own thing and see where it leads. We have always been an independent nation and inshallah always will be.

This means the law in Oman applies to everyone, and at all times. This is a basic principle of law. Perhaps this is different in your country. But here in Oman we cannot apply the law in good times and ignore it in bad times. This is why changes to salaries and labor conditions had to be approved by the supreme committee. This is what His Majesty, Allah bless him, commanded. We have to treat all employees according to the contract, or according to the instructions of the committee.

Oman wants to attract international investors, what do you think investors will think if anytime local companies feel like it, they can just ignore contracts and do what they want when it suits them? Investors will run a mile and the Vision 2040 will never be realized. It takes many years to build a reputation and only a short time to damage it. That is why it is important that all companies and especially state companies follow the rule of law and the instructions of the Covid Committee, and not start cooking under the table to save a few rials.

Our reputation and honor is worth more than a few months of cost cutting in the long run, the government knows this. That is why any violators can be reported to the government and they will have to pay the price.

hamed7x7
5th Sep 2020, 11:50
Farrell, and Boembus, I want to make some point to you as well. Mostly I agree with both of you but I want to comment on your post.

"Any contractual grief you come across should not be a surprise to you... PPrune has been around long enough for you to read how it works over here".

Farrell, sorry, but no. What do you mean by "over here"? Foreigners should expect to be cheated in Oman? Expat pilots who came to Oman Air expected nothing more than that their contract should be honoured. The company should be bound to its contract, regardless the conditions. If redundancies are made, yes the expats will go first, and perhaps they should not expect differently (even if that does not happen in "the old world").

But as long as people are employed the company should not bend the rules and break the law to the disadvantage of one group of people and not the other. I believe you were one of the most experienced pilots in Oman Air before you joined the Omani CAA; and I also believe that you worked in "the old world" for many years. Then you are surely aware that rules are the rules and apply to everyone, whether that concerns contracts or compliance with regulations, unless you are in some micky mouse country. I think you expected the same from your past employers when you were an employee. If we don't do things the right way in Oman, we have no right to be proud and hold our heads up. Then we should be ashamed of our people and our airline for cheating people, foreign crew, and pilots, and passengers. Do you not agree?

Boembus, why are you insulting people. Yes, many of your points are true but there is no need to defend wrong behaviour from the airline. Whatever was given to expats was nothing more than what we promised to bring them here. Then we broke that promise. Of course it was the company's right to terminate them, and they will look for a brigher future else where, but why do the terminations in such a bad way and after illegally cutting their salary? What will these people say about us? Maybe you don't care and you are in your little bubble, but the company's reputation is already terrible because of doing things the wrong way! Just search for "airline review oman air" on google and see what you will find. Do you not think we should hold ourselves to a higher standard?

fatbus
5th Sep 2020, 13:08
Hamad , Mate , you keeping up with the news next door ? Contracts being ripped up . Maybe you think UAE and Qatar are banana republic's .What you say about Oman holds true to the UAE as well , but theses are unprecedented ( desperate for some) times .

Mr Mac
6th Sep 2020, 07:37
Fatbus
I have lived and worked in the Middle East quite a bit over the years, with long spells in Dubai and Oman and less in Qatar. The one thing I would say is that Oman and UAE are very different places and people and I think / believe the rule of law is far more respected in Oman then in the other countries mentioned. I speak on a personnel as well as business level in that I have never had issues in Oman unlike the other two. I spent 12 yeas out there so not just a 2 year contract so do feel I can comment with some knowledge of the people and countries.

fatbus
6th Sep 2020, 10:38
Then they should sue , wrongful dismissal ! Good luck to them .

Tapita73
6th Sep 2020, 19:13
Is it going to be the final ? There is still some expats. Most of them on the 737 fleet. Do you think they will stay?

ptyomflyier
10th Sep 2020, 13:23
Dear hamed7x7,

I took the time to read your thread and I have to thank you, why? Because this is the representation of my personal view of what an omani national is. On the other hand, UNFORTUNATELY, I have a come across personalities like my dear BOEMBUS, who has nothing but repressed feelings against expats...

Also Oman is a proud nation. This is spot on! but the lack of leadership displayed at WY through these rough times is the representation of the company's decision makers. What happened to the CEO's letters every monday? Where is the SMLO? No one to be seen on the offices to make this transition period a little smoother. What happened to the Safety's department monthly statistics ? Not gonna disclose what happened in DAR???? Everyone knows about it but we're just looking the other way!

ptyomflyier
11th Sep 2020, 09:20
Then they should sue , wrongful dismissal ! Good luck to them

Don't worry it is happening! and I'm sure there is more coming!
It's just a little sad that this is the way you want everybody to see the company you work for.

Is it going to be the final ? There is still some expats. Most of them on the 737 fleet. Do you think they will stay?
Probably not! The rumour is that when the guys from EY/EK that just joined the company are ready, well you know the rest...

hamed7x7
11th Sep 2020, 18:14
The problem is not the Flight Operation department in Oman Air. Flight ops people are not to fault with the situation that Oman Air created for itself. Meaning the legal mess and the loss of reputation. Their decisions could not affect any of this situation. Regarding, the terminations they have also been put in a difficult situation which they have not caused. I am sure they feel bad also for the people that were terminated.

Two problems, the first one is how the foreign pilots and cabin crew were not given their their correct salaries and then how they were terminated in a bad way. The second one, how Oman Air has treated its customers, by running a scheme to sell tickets for flights that everybody knew would not take place, and then refuse a refund until after one year. The way both of this areas were handled was illegal under Oman law and highly immoral too. But all this issues are not the fault of Flight Operation.

A fish always rots from the head down and the head of this fish has been out of the water for too long. The CEO has become invisible. Yes, no more weekly silver notes, maybe he is hiding under a rock these days, we can only guess the reasons. Or he ran out of silver... although he probably still has some big boxes of silver left over. Now the HR and finance side of the company is a ship without a captain. Some new and some old people want to get ahead, some also dislike foreign staff and think we should just be a pure Omani company. Well, maybe that is true or maybe not, but as long as a single foreigner works for Oman Air, we have to treat him correctly and with responsibility. And we have to treat our customers with Omani hospitality, not like thieves.

Of course there are good decision makers in HR and finance also but they have perhaps not thought things through all the way. I am sure they even knew what happened was wrong but were too weak to stand their ground. What are the people in the legal departmet doing? Nobody knew salaries cannot be changed by management decision? Nobody knew that we cannot steal from customers? Maybe the decision makers listened to the accountants, who know everything about accounting, but nothing about accountability. But it is all wrong. I am very ashamed personally, mostly the loss of reputation for our company and country and the wrong behaviour. I hope this has come to the attention of His Majesty. This problem can only be fixed if we treat the problem at the root by having strong moral leadership in the company. But not if we steal and hide from colleagues and customers, and hoping for business as usual.

The Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, said this

“Indeed, the Muslim men and Muslim women, the believing men and believing women, the obedient men and obedient women, the truthful men and truthful women, the patient men and patient women, the humble men and humble women, the charitable men and charitable women, the fasting men and fasting women, the men who guard their private parts and the women who do so, and the men who remember Allah often and the women who do so — for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a great reward.” Sura Al-Ahzab 33:35

I hope some decision makers in Oman Air will remember their faith and the responsibilities to the country, company and people in their actions, so we can restore our reputation and once again be proud.

ptyomflyier
15th Sep 2020, 12:16
I hope some decision makers in Oman Air will remember their faith and the responsibilities to the country, company and people in their actions, so we can restore our reputation and once again be proud.

Looking forward!

The problem is not the Flight Operation department in Oman Air.
I have to disagree with you, Why? Because although they do not have a final decision on the bigger things, they do have a voice that can be heard! I will not complain here about the way they do things or run the company because I was ok with this for the time I was part of it. But, in order for you guys, I mean the new Omani pilot generation, who will stay in your flag carrier, changes need to come and ASAP! I'm still waiting for some type of communication from anyone! It's so simple just to type an email, but here you can see what the Flight Ops team is made of.

Ramones
15th Sep 2020, 14:40
hamed7x7

well said
that’s it

olster
15th Sep 2020, 16:33
Good post Hamed. There does seem to be a universal lack of morality in the airline industry. The main players in the ME have demonstrated that with their cavalier approach to industrial relations. Zero concern or compassion for the individual. However, we in Europe are not immune. Walsh, the CEO of IAG / BA is handing himself a huge bonus while simultaneously making many employees including pilots of course, redundant. Whatever God that you believe in this does not constitute good or ethical behaviour, a moral vacuum if you will. Simultaneously and due to the ill conceived and short notice quarantine rules in the Uk, passengers who need to get home urgently to avoid quarantine are faced with fares up to 10 times the price they were the day before. Ryanair, EasyJet, BA, the usual suspects. As an aviator of some years I am desperate for the day when we can return to normality; airlines are businesses but they should tread carefully and treat people, employees and customers well because karma is a fickle mistress.

Tapita73
8th Oct 2020, 10:59

I guess it was not last wave. Here it comes the fourth and the instructors that are left could be the fifth. No more expats for Oman Air.

FalseGS
8th Oct 2020, 14:30
Not could be. WILL be.
It is a certainty. The timing is the only variable.

Oman Air will be without expat flight deck crew for the first time in it's history.

The times, they are a changing.

Flying Clog
8th Oct 2020, 15:08
Well, in that case, I wish them the best of luck with that great big smoking whole in the ground.

I certainly won't be putting my family on board.

ptyomflyier
8th Oct 2020, 16:32
And the show goes go on.....Once again giving everyone a great weekend...

ptyomflyier
8th Oct 2020, 16:34
I certainly won't be putting my family on board.

I second that

pfvspnf
8th Oct 2020, 18:37
How many fired at Oman Air today ?

ptyomflyier
8th Oct 2020, 20:03
Not today, they just sent a "random" text message, as they always do every Thursday after 5 pm:D, saying to acknowledge their roster change. This is a meeting (MTG) scheduled for Sunday and mostly on Monday for the chosen ones :sad:

But to answer your question I think whatever was left minus the examiners, give and take another 150 pilots? Plus the flight attendants...

Tapita73
8th Oct 2020, 20:35
As far as I can tell is around 75 pilots with the MTG assignment for sunday and monday. Only TRE and TRI are left, around another 25 expats.

MikeCharlie24
9th Oct 2020, 12:42
Imagine a 7 hours flight time to LHR on a fancy first class being attended only by male crew 🤣🤣...I would definitely ask for a reimbursement if I’m a pax. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Xiamen
9th Oct 2020, 16:01
Strange. I got an email from WY that said they would restart a lot of flights on Oct 1. BTW, the "best" review on WY business class I have read, was a passenger who entered the galley to find one of the male cabin crew sitting there cutting his toenails.
Who is going to do all the night flights to India if the expats go home?

RoyHudd
9th Oct 2020, 16:24
Xulu is right.

The most worrying (sic.) jet flying I ever came across was alongside Libyan line captains, freshly trained on the A320. Their over-confidence and inflated egos led us towards some very uncomfortable situations. (To be fair, the Cubans were no better,)

Our rules did not permit full local crews to operate as pairs. Only one in either the left or the right seat.

So, I too would not choose to travel in the future with any ME carrier which is densely-populated by local crews.

MikeCharlie24
10th Oct 2020, 12:15
These days, I just have one word to describe Oman Air and is “disappointment”...WY is a completely disappointment. They are the example of how to do things wrong, being disrespectful and totally ungrateful to the people who had been supporting the company for many years since the beginning. They are driving a car against a wall at 200km/h and the hit is gonna be so damn hard. For those young pilots and captains just upgraded, get ready guys, because for the first time in your whole life, things won’t be easy as you were used to. Now you will understand what “hard work” means.

I wish you all the best in this new beginning without foreigners by your side...and remember that many of you are in that current position because either at your left or your right, there was an expat instructor sharing his knowledge with you.

ptyomflyier
10th Oct 2020, 14:51
Better start memorizing them memory items :ugh:

Dreamer787
10th Oct 2020, 18:22
Mr Argentina (MC24) your qoutes 'They are driving a car against a wall at 200km/h and the hit is gonna be so damn hard For those young pilots and captains just upgraded" if that is/was your opinion you should have raised your concern then or you could have just left long time ago and you could have tried to reapply to Copa if they will have accepted you!

"remember that many of you are in that current position because either at your left or your right, there was an expat instructor sharing his knowledge with you" I agree with you but that goes for everybody expat or local!!, you learn everyday in aviation until the day you retire.

Wish you good luck in your new career .

reyhavok
11th Oct 2020, 06:32
Dreamer 787 is right, if Mc24 would have raised a concern, he would definitely be listened and no one wouldve been fired.

i guess the nickname dreamer suits you. Are you serious?

MikeCharlie24
11th Oct 2020, 10:36
Hahahaha keep “dreaming” man. If you know me so good, text me on WhatsApp or come to see me, we can talk face to face, or
maybe you call sick...

Why would I go back to Copa if I’m the one who left?

Raised a concern? Really? They call you guys to the office to drink coffee and eat dates, nothing else.

I’m not wasting my time anymore here with you guys. We talk in a few months.

Good luck in your career.

Ramones
13th Oct 2020, 11:25
JaymzHoggie

I think you got the wrong one
What are u talking about?
Monkey? Where I wrote that?
Be careful buddy, dont drink too much coffe

FalseGS
13th Oct 2020, 18:48
Don't bother with the trolls.
When they can't argue the facts or the topic they'll take potshots at the person.
Best to ignore the dimwits.

fatbus
14th Oct 2020, 04:16
FalseGS 👍!

Whip717
14th Oct 2020, 08:04
What happened guys? Not even a week and crew planning is already scheduling expats for the flights? 🤣 damn that was fast! There’s not 10 aircrafts flying and they cannot get locals to do the flights...unbelievable 🤦🏼‍♂️

ptyomflyier
14th Oct 2020, 17:27
Gotta save 'em sick days for November and December :)

reyhavok
18th Oct 2020, 22:16
Finally some common sense, wisdom and truth.

Dreamer787
22nd Oct 2020, 19:55
Whip717

You need to get out of that small box you are in ,that was for the guys who were in the office asking for flights and simulators so they can be current on type despite being terminated! so its easier to get a job elsewhere!, I guess its a human nature...all the best mate.

JaymzHoggie
23rd Oct 2020, 10:01
Whip717

Well done mate. You've managed to poke the beast and inadvertently made sure that no pilot on their 3 month's notice is allowed on layover flights. Congrats are in order for your stupidity..

Dreamer787
23rd Oct 2020, 21:46
JaymzHoggie

Let us be optimistic,I hope when you leave you will be current on type and find another job soon.Personally I hope all goes back to normal and we have you all back....All the best buddy.

ptyomflyier
24th Oct 2020, 07:03
Dreamer,

Seriously..."Human nature"??? What in the world could you possibly mean by that :)

You've managed to poke the beast and inadvertently made sure that no pilot on their 3 month's notice is allowed on layover flights. Congrats are in order for your stupidity..

Unless you're an under cover PGC FA always flying the big planes and doing5-6 layovers a month, I have no idea on what kind of layovers you can possibly be talking about? Last that I remember, WY was doing MCT-DAR-MCT as a turn around flight for the past 4-5 months :ugh:

I hope all goes back to normal and we have you all back

I wish to believe that, but unfortunately this pandemic has made visible hidden feelings, poor communication skills, and lack of empathy. But as you, I'll keep my positivity!

Whip717
26th Oct 2020, 01:48
JaymzHoggie

My stupidity?

First of all, lets put things in order. Where is "safety first"?
Oman Air as a company should had know from the very beginning that either a pilot or a crew on noticed period, is not a safety person. You don't know how a pilot or cabin crew can react on a flight, knowing that he/she was terminated and that could be his/her last flight for who knows for how long. Let me remind you that many of your colleagues are having depression during this time. So no, my friend, is not stupidity, is call reality.

And second, as far as I know, there are no have been layovers for so long at least on the 737.

So I recommend you to put your things in order and go to pack your bags, as many of us are doing. You're done in WY, don't try to get your "last consolation flight".

Ciao!

Whip717
26th Oct 2020, 01:55
Dreamer787

None small box brother, it seems like it is you the one hanging on a date palm. I got rostered for a flight at end of the month and I haven't been in the office asking for ****. So, I don't know where you get the info, but maybe you have to check your sources. So, yah, expats were schedule but apparently right know there are new directives. It is funny to see pilots asking for swaps...gosh, they get 2 flights a month and don't want to do it..."God gives bread to those who have no teeth". MASHALLAH!!!!!

reyhavok
26th Oct 2020, 05:16
Are you sure that you are checking the nationality of these pilots accordingly ?

Whip717
26th Oct 2020, 10:14
What do you mean? I don’t know who are they, just know what I read. It’s easy distinguishable who is local and who is expat.

reyhavok
26th Oct 2020, 13:53
Im sorry, I will try to be more clear so even you can understand it.

The expats are not refusing any flight whatsoever, why? two reasons,
1.they need the money ( because they were kicked out without any warning)
2.they need flight recency (for future airline applications)

SO , when you are mentioning," lazy pilots who refuse to do two flights per month" I am pretty sure you could understand which nationality are we talking about, and as a friendly reminder you should be careful when talking about them. They have a beautiful tendency to back stab you when you say things like that( even tough is the brutal truth )

Whip717
26th Oct 2020, 14:28
Ohh yah, I got you! No doubt about it! Inshallah next time...

Whip717
28th Oct 2020, 13:07
Hahahaha receiving today email from 737 MF was hilarious AF...my goshhhh 🤦🏼‍♂️

Capn Rex Havoc
28th Oct 2020, 22:59
Don't keep us in suspense Whip717

fatbus
28th Oct 2020, 23:34
Time to put whip on the ignore list , a bit full of him/herself !

Bill Macgillivray
29th Oct 2020, 20:37
I think that the moderators should think about closing this thread, it is becoming pointless and acerbic! Yes, I worked in Oman for many years (not WY) but have a love for the country and hold 99% of Omanis in high regard! Let common sense prevail!

SVC1972
29th Oct 2020, 21:12
Yea they are great when things are good. I saw a different side last few months which is a shame. The company is only going one way

reyhavok
30th Oct 2020, 12:57
Very mature answer, " I dont agree with the other people opinions so Im asking to close the thread"

BOEMBUS
30th Oct 2020, 15:08
Isn't it a bit like freedom of speech?

Just depends if you are on the receiving end or not?

Better to close the thread is his opinion, yours not so long ago was, the voice of a hurt individual. Very understandable with all that's happening. Talking about true colors showing up during this pandemic is unfortunately, both ways.
Tragic and sad for all. We are all humans after all, but in your voice or should I say views is, you are superior to pilots from this part of the world. Your strong views of never to fly again on WY due to safety deteriorating at an immense pace(according to you), is just the result of the dire pandemic's resultant furloughs.

There's no need to laboriously drone on and on about how Oman and the rest of the world opting to remove expat work force and save their nationals is a tragedy to civilization, cultural and economical progress.

Grab a cold one and plan your future instead of these daily update on your findings on WY.

It's done. Get it?

ptyomflyier
1st Nov 2020, 08:56
BOEMBUS,

is just the result of the dire pandemic's resultant furloughs.
Unfortunately this thread started as a tip on the 3rd wave of terminations in Oman Air, not furloughs, this a not a furlough situation in which any individual might have recall rights, so let's just get that straight.

When it comes to the nagging matters, the amount of possible nagging some expat pilots can write on this site about lack of knowledge from the local guys, or as you mentioned before, the lack of communication skills from some expat pilots, could simply go on and on without anything interesting for the people outside to read about WY.
As someone previously mentioned a few days ago, most people in this country has simply been great, and this is what we should all take when we go back to our little villages. Hopefully you guys and the chaps that were let go from EY/EK/QR bring some ideas that would benefit WY. Wink

BOEMBUS
1st Nov 2020, 12:21
Well aware what furloughs mean:

A furlough is a temporary leave of employees due to special needs of a company or employer, which may be due to economic conditions of a specific employer or in society as a whole. These involuntary furloughs may be short or long term, and many of those affected may seek other temporary employment during that time.

I have reason to believe that the above mentioned was offered and still in affect.
If you weren't given a "Furlough" but made redundant, then there's a very valid reason.

Therefore, no need to sound condescending and get off your high horse.

You out of all people with your constant deriding messages putting WY down is to tell you the truth, a wee bit pathetic and tedious.

ptyomflyier
1st Nov 2020, 12:36
I have reason to believe that the above mentioned was offered and still in affect.
If you weren't given a "Furlough" but made redundant, then there's a very valid reason.

As a terminated pilot (because that is what it is, can't sugar code it, redundant), not furloughed, I hate to give you the breaking news. Although, I wish that rumor was true, it is not. Just as it was a copy paste for all termination letters, the speech was the same copy paste regardless of who gave it to you, and I quote "send your contact to this Captain, he will keep it on file, whenever things get better, and the need comes, we will call you". If you think this is a furlough status, well then let's call it furlough :)

You out of all people with your constant deriding messages putting WY down is to tell you the truth, a wee bit pathetic and tedious.

I will reply to you from my high horse as I wave off from this exciting experience WY has been with something very interesting I found along this thread :ok:

Isn't it a bit like freedom of speech?

Just depends if you are on the receiving end or not?

BOEMBUS
1st Nov 2020, 12:56
One thing to say to you:

Justin Pierre James Trudeau

fatbus
1st Nov 2020, 15:19
Does that mean he's Canadian? What does that have to do with it ?

Neektu
1st Nov 2020, 17:05
I was going to ask the same question:-)

Whip717
1st Nov 2020, 17:54
Time to put whip on the ignore list , a bit full of him/herself !

You can put me in any list you want, but please, I beg you!! Don’t swap your flight bro!! Don’t be so lazy ass man!

Is it necessary to receive an email from the MF asking you to please don’t swap the flights? How many flights a month you get? 3? 4? And you need to swap? Really?

sorry for interrupting, please continue with what you were doing! Cheers!