PDA

View Full Version : Air Ngukkur in NT News.

slice
16th Aug 2002, 08:28
Air Ngukkur was in the NT news today (p3) saying it had debts of $500,000. WASSSSSUPPPP!?!

Come on Honke, where's the cash? I want my cut or I'll dob you in to AH f_cKIT :p

ArnhemDog
16th Aug 2002, 12:10
It's finally happened.

The bronze are closing in and the honeymoon is almost over. About time I guess!

haveaguess
17th Aug 2002, 05:29
Wow 500 000 in strife huh? How the hell will they afford to pay Lyne Mott her $25 000 a year as MD? That is what she claims she is paid in the article that was published in The Australian a couple of month ago.

By the way how is H C M? Last time I saw him he seemed......a little down. Keep your chin up Tiger.

Get a camp dog.

SniperPilot
17th Aug 2002, 10:00
Are these guys going to keep flying? Some time ago I know they had a Bandit on lease. If Honky has drained all of the Community money into his bank account it might be time to move on - fast.

Onya Cuzzie-bro! :eek:

compressor stall
17th Aug 2002, 10:56
Does anyone have a copy of the Australian article? I missed that one...

Fission
17th Aug 2002, 10:57
P 7 Sat NT News makes mention that the council at Ngukurr has..

"been suspended during an investigation into its financial ties with an airline."

" A lack of transparency existed between the council and the company set up to operate Air Ngukurr"

Interesting ........

JULIET WHISKEY
18th Aug 2002, 01:37
Hey Leeroy, you been pocketing the fares again??????????

you take me to wiindem or i smaeash you ey!

haveaguess
18th Aug 2002, 03:09
Looks like my last post was edited slightly. Sorry if I oversteped the mark. However I was only stating what was printed in the article in The Australian newspaper. It stated that the fire at the Air Ngukurr office was deliberatly lit and that Police are investigating.

C Stall if you want a coppy of the article, see the papers website and do a search for Ngukurr. It is titled "Proping up an outback empire" It is a real ripper. I will give you a taste of some of the best bits.

"Lyn Mott, big woman who has cast a large shadow over this pretty little town, agrees her days as town clerk are numbered"

"Asked why there have been up to 15 Maoris or Maori-Mormonns-someof them her relatives or in-laws - working for Ngukurr Council or the associated Air Ngukurr, Mott appears thoughtful."Good question" she says "I dont know"

She [Mott]agrees it is unusual that there have been four audits into Ngukurr's affairs in the past two years"

"On June 2, Air Ngukurr's offices in Winnellie were dliberatly lit. Several weeks before that, its computer hard drives were stolen. Police are investigating"

Thats just a taste. I would have to say....Thats gold.

Jisas Im Laibala.

Troopy
18th Aug 2002, 23:36
:p Well Well Well
I guess your not anaprochable now honke
This is not a hard question to ask but whats going to happen to your $500,000 house in Cullen Bay seems funny that the company is $500,000 in dept and your house seemed to cost that much maybe thats one for the auditors

What goes around comes around

compressor stall
19th Aug 2002, 00:29
It's here...

here (http://www.newstext.com.au/pages/v.asp?doc=NAT-2yr/AUS-20020713-1-024-4344796V1&Pick=ONE&Auth=&site=ALL&QueryZip=%28PUB%3CCONTAINS%3EAUS%29%3CAND%3E%28Date%3E%3D21% 2F05%2F2002%29%3Cand%3E%28Ngukurr%29&f=1&WF=%2Fpages%2Fdov.asp%3Fdoc%3DNAT-2yr%2FAUS-20020713-1-024-4344796V1%26Pick%3DONE%26Auth%3D%26site%3DALL%26QueryZip%3D% 2528PUB%253CCONTAINS%253EAUS%2529%253CAND%253E%2528Date%253E %253D21%252F05%252F2002%2529%253Cand%253E%2528Ngukurr%2529)

But you have to pay for it..... :mad: will try and find it from an old journo housemate....

The Weekend Australian , 13-07-2002 , Ed: 1 , Pg: 024 , 1620 words , FEATURES
As the Government announces an inquiry into the self-management of Aboriginal communities, Paul Toohey visits a town where the debate has reached boiling point THE auditors have been circling; so have the Aborigines. The Queen of Ngukurr's reign ove...

Mustn't be an accurate article...it called Ngukurr Pretty!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mickster
20th Aug 2002, 01:23
Everyone gets what they deserve. . . eventually.

Rumour has it that legal battles on several fronts are building momentum.

Good Luck :cool:

campdog3
20th Aug 2002, 03:57
It is sad to see such a top Chief Pilot get..... hang on on a minute. HAhahahaha! Honky, how does it feel??? You little tiger you. Lynn, thankyou for your ace interview in the "Australian"... You were great..... NOT!

It is a great shame that such a promising company had a couple of bad apples which ruined it for everyone.

My only concern is for all the pilots currently employed who will probably find themselves out of work (assuming the article is true). Chin up fellas. You'll all get where your going!!!:eek:

haveaguess
20th Aug 2002, 07:46
I have to agree with you there campdog. It is a shame. How many pilots have left in the last six months or so? Some to other jobs but most because they just couldnt take the crap anymore. I for one dont know of any that left that wernt p#ssed off as all f#@k.

Could have and should have been different. Shows what happens when people are driven by $$$$. Speaking of $$$$ I guess a few operators in DN are licking their lips, waiting to feed on the Air Ngukurr carcass.

Woow Yeah!

Rolling Departure
21st Aug 2002, 00:37
Ahh finally the tide is begining to turn on this whole sad saga in Northern Territory aviation history.
I hope for the sake of all the reputable companies out there that Air Ngukurr itself will soon be part of aviation history also (not a good part of it though).
Any action taken against these operators by CASA, NT Police, Tax Department or Industrial Relations or anyone else willing to have a go at them couldn't come soon enough. Imagine the witnesses from the 15-20 pilots that have left the company since the begining of the year that may come forward to help with any investigations, not to mention quite a few people still employed with these little kiwi battlers.

aussiedigger
22nd Aug 2002, 07:51
Do they have a website? where can I find more info on them? What do / did they operate? And how many?

RobertyRoberts
24th Aug 2002, 11:55
So if Air Ngukurr owes creditors $500K, is this a series of big debts, or just a couple ? It would be interesting to see who the creditors are and how much each are owed.

If the creditors are suppliers or financiers, then they will be after their $. Creditors such as the fuel company and the engineers can begin a Creditors winding up of the company which includes appointing their own Liquidator who works for them and will go after any funds and anyone who accidently misplaced them.
This prevents the company directors appointing their own Receiver/Liquidator who may not be so keen to chase money.
If the company does appoint it's own Receiver/Liquidator, then the majority of creditors can just bring along their own Receiver/Liquidator to the first creditor's meeting and vote off the company-appointed one. Provided of course, that they have got their act into gear and agree to work together (and one has not been bought off by the company).

Interesting point about financiers - if the company is going under and they are owed money, they will often happily repo the productive assets under finance, here it would be aircraft, and give them to someone close to the action to keep them working and the repayments going.

On the other hand, if the majority of the creditors are internal ones, ie., company directors and/or shareholders, and the debts owing are loan repayments or other similar concoctions, etc., then its a different story. Here, its really up the NT Supreme Court to appoint a Liquidator if it feels that a Liquidator appointed by the company would not be impartial.

Paper records that get burned in fires and hard disks that get pinched don't really obscure the money in / money out equation, since it is documented in other places than a company's "books".
Cash money that gets 'shifted' has to get turned into physical assets at some point. Whether those then get grabbed by a companys Liquidator, or taxed by the ATO as "undeclared income" from some mystery source, is the next question.

Those are some of the considerations in a liquidation or other less drastic form of external management of an insolvent company.
What has to be remembered is that the pace of the process is determined by the Corporations Act 1989, ie., the law, but the extent of this process is entirely up to the individuals on each side of the fence.

The external creditors and NT Govt auditors would be the ones driving any liquidation / accounting process. The important thing to remember is that the cavalry does not come over the hill to automatically deal out the kind of "justice" a lot of people seem to want in situations like this. Nothing is automatic; it all has to be based on good solid facts plus have some productive end plus the people involved need the willpower and time to make the process happen since it runs on human energy not the weight of the law.

The best way to make it all happen is for all the creditors and other "non-company" people concerned to sit around with each other, assemble all their facts, and get a common purpose and familiarity with each other.

Facts ? Every single one documented on paper alongside the means to verify it.
The icing on the cake is to be able to give the cops enough info for them to easily turn it into enough evidence to book someone. :)

Old Roberty 'ere, fishin in his boat down Yella Water....... see yas !

Woomera
25th Aug 2002, 01:28
Roberty

Good to see you again.

Nothing is automatic; it all has to be based on good solid facts plus have some productive end plus the people involved need the willpower and time to make the process happen since it runs on human energy not the weight of the law. my bolding.

is as good a summary of the whole process as I've seen.

So if any of you readers out there want to see any of your money again, sitting around grizzling about it isn't going to change a thing.

Print down Robertys advice and get going.

The unscrupulous operator you see driving down the street in YOUR Benz and living in the best suburb in YOUR house, spending YOUR money and gets your dander up when he starts up again the next day is only doing so because YOU let him.

In Perth there is a classic example. There a lady of very very limited means (on a pension) brought down a Govt and was responsible for getting a Govt enquiry going, putting a good number of the finance broker friends of the Govt out of business and in goal and generally putting the rest on notice.
She now holds a seat in the Parliament.

I think Roberty would be proud of her.

I Fly
26th Aug 2002, 01:52
There was an interesting little article on page 3 in last Friday's Australian by Paul Toohey.

MIss Behaviour
26th Aug 2002, 14:14
The AustralianEdition 1
FRI 23 AUG 2002, Page 003

Council too close to airline

THE remote Ngukurr town council has been suspended and a manager sent in over territory government concerns about a cosy relationship between the council and an airline company.The Australian revealed in July how several council members were also directors of the fledgling Air Ngukurr and, in a clear conflict of interest, actively voted at council meetings on matters affecting the airline.

Long-serving town clerk Lyn Mott, who has also been under scrutiny, resigned yesterday.Ms Mott appointed herself chief executive of the airline and drew a second salary for the position. Accused by locals of using her position to build up an empire, an investigation by The Australian found she had also rorted her car travel allowances.

Locals were most concerned, however, that Ms Mott spent very little time in Ngukurr and ran the town from Darwin, where the airline has its headquarters. They also claimed she employed family and associates from the Mormon Church in preference to qualified Aboriginal locals.

Department of Local Government director Bill Stuchbery has been appointed manager of the Yugul Mangi Community Government Council, commonly referred to as Ngukurr council.

"The department has continued to have the view that the transparency between the company and council was seriously blurred to the point where we could only get to the bottom of it if the council was suspended,'' Mr Stuchbery said.

Ms Mott was unavailable for comment yesterday.

Rolling Departure
29th Aug 2002, 08:15
Mormon Church-Doesn't sound very Christian to me??:D