PDA

View Full Version : what are my chances?

lacoste4444
28th Aug 2020, 05:05
I'd like to study in europe and get a EASA CPL with IR FI and MEP ratings.

since i come from a very unstable country in Africa where aviation is almost dead it means i'll have to look for a job in the middle east/asia or maybe south america to build hours for the ATPL and considering that it will all take me around 18 to 30 months im pretty positive that the aviation industry will recover right by the time i'm finished.

my question is, what are the chances to get a job as a fresh CPL with all the ratings mentioned above outside of my country and work as an expat for another country?

portos8
28th Aug 2020, 11:00
Your chances will be very slim. Any of the regions you think of will give priority to local (unemployed) pilots so it will be impossible for you to get a workvisa for those countries. Count on being able to work in your home country only after you complete your training. Hopefully there will by then be peace and a restart of the oil industry and a need for oil workers to be flown to oil wells and pipelines deep in the desert. That will be your chance. Good luck.

parkfell
28th Aug 2020, 11:35
Portos8 is unfortunately correct.
Without an EU passport, Europe is a non starter. Otherwise African aviation beckons.
See if you can eventually get linked into the national airline.
Libya Airlines sent cadets to a French School some 7 years ago probably by parents wanting their children kept safe. When that establishment ceased trading a handful of the cadets appeared at FTE Jerez. EASA licences.
One student had a “General Lee” Car (Dukes of Hazard fame) The fuel tank 100 litres. Cost 8€ back home.