PDA

View Full Version : BA recruiting

B clam
16th Aug 2002, 08:24
BA recruiting 127 pilots this FY. Majority will be cadets already trained. Bit of a 180 after the Company put a complete veto on any recruitment until the redundancies had been put in place.

(Don't start all the BA bashing, been there, seen that and we know all the arguements).

B clam

FS2002
16th Aug 2002, 08:43
Emirates will be employing an additional 34 pilots this year as well as 270 next calendar year. That's 304 between now and year end 2003.

Lucifer
16th Aug 2002, 21:50
All 127 will be cadets - no new recruits. Is required as so many are retiring to enable flying programme to be fulfilled.

Big Kahuna Burger
17th Aug 2002, 13:10
Well it didnt QUITE say that....

"...approval to bring up to 127 new pilots onto the payroll by the end of the financial year. Most if not all of this number, will be covered by the graduates from sponsored training scheme who have already finished or ar close to finishing thier ab initio training."

2B+!2B
17th Aug 2002, 16:48
BA is NOT recruiting

The letter specifically says that there will be no public recruitment campaign and won't be until the recruitment ban is lifted. BA is simply bringing those cadets that were previously recruited on line.

Although this does seem as a positive sign, this kind of subject line gets peoples hopes up when really very little has changed.

And yes those positions will all be filled by cadets that have completed or are completing training...no outside recruitment.

foghorn
18th Aug 2002, 09:31
Does this mean that BA is pulling the cadets that were previously on BACE aircraft back into the mainline?

cheers!
foggy.

Human Factor
18th Aug 2002, 22:42
Just a thought, when the cadet scheme does start again (eventually), have a good look at the terms and conditions before you sign on the dotted line. Sure, I can't argue that sponsored training is a big plus, but the bigger picture should take into account salary (lower than a lot of other carriers - have to pay back the training costs - no such thing as a free lunch), pension (no Final Salary Scheme for future joiners) and other considerations.

Apply by all means, and the best of luck. However, keep an open mind.

[Before anyone suggests I'm a disgruntled individual who didn't get through the selection, I've flown for the company for several years]

Lucifer
19th Aug 2002, 21:33
Big Kahuna: yep, I read the bit that followed re: no public recruitment and took it to mean just what I wrote!

Human Factor: get a 777 rating then resign and move to Emirates. That is the loyalty the Ts and Cs would command if not improved, though it has been recognised that just this example would occur without pension by some high up (apparantly). Would hope to see some sort of compensation for no final salary pension etc.

Human Factor
24th Aug 2002, 13:18
Already have the rating. Am waiting to see what happens with the pay deal.

Propellerhead
24th Aug 2002, 13:44
Good to hear some positive news for a change. Things obviously moving in the right direction. Lets hope bmi etc. pull in their cadets soon too, might not be just yet though....

no sponsor
25th Aug 2002, 21:09
Final salary pensions!! There's something for all those civil servants... err I mean senior BA staff.