PDA

View Full Version : Wild weather in melbourne

airspace alpha
27th Aug 2020, 12:05
19:30 emergency services call to YMMB Bundora Parade hazardous incident. Aircraft turnover due winds? OK not a biggie but wonder, if true, who?

ACMS
27th Aug 2020, 13:05
Have to be a Cessna I’d say.........Oxford maybe? They are pretty exposed to SW winds and their A/C normally park facing North..........

A37575
27th Aug 2020, 14:18
Isn't there a regulation somewhere that requires an LAME to check the flying controls for integrity if the aircraft has been affected by heavy winds and the controls were unrestrained (no rudder or aileron cleats for example)

djpil
27th Aug 2020, 23:10
Have to be a Cessna I’d say.........Oxford maybe? They are pretty exposed to SW winds and their A/C normally park facing North..........Not a Cessna, unless there was more than one.
They turn them away from North to face strong winds when appropriate.

airspace alpha
28th Aug 2020, 12:54
One less Skyfox Gazelle in this world

Squawk7700
28th Aug 2020, 13:25
One less Skyfox Gazelle in this world

I went to post a guess that it was that tired old Gazelle but didn’t press the submit button, doh!

Thats another one for them out of action. There’s been a Sling of theirs sitting at Tooradin for what must be a year now after a prop-strike on landing. That joined their other one that ran off the end of the runway there, but that was finally repaired a few months ago, plus the Bristell that was lost.