PDA

View Full Version : BACE Manchester questions

Landing_24R
16th Aug 2002, 07:38
Hello,

Just a few questions on the BACE goings-on at MAN-

Now the first couple of RJ100's are at MAN, is it BACE or Cityflyer crews who are flying them? Does anyone know what will happen to the DHC-8's and E145's at MAN now? Presumably the E145's will remain- will they still do European services or just UK/Ireland now that the RJ100's are coming?

Also, what are the nightstops like out of Manchester- ie. where are they, how many can you expect a month and what are they like?

Thanks,
Landing_24R

Katoi
16th Aug 2002, 23:10
Landing 24R

Cityflyer does not exist anymore, but the pilots flying the RJ are mainly ex CFE with some DEP's. These pilots are based at LGW and therefore all of us are having to position and base ourselves in MAN for a few days every now and again. As more and more RJ's move north this will become more common.

Although it is still under negotiation, it is highly likely that the RJ will become part of BACE and the majority of pilots flying them will be BACE pilots. BA pilots can at the moment bid to fly these aircraft under secondment to BACE. The rest of the ex CFE pilots will be spread around the rest of the BA fleets with the majority (especially Captains) probably flying the 737 out of LGW.

At the moment I am not sure how long this will take. It probably depends how long the training of new pilots for the RJ will take. The sooner the better as far as I am concerned because staying in MAN for days on end will probably get tedious, and my dog is starting to attack me every time I go home anyway!

Cheers

Landing_24R
17th Aug 2002, 08:26
Thanks for that Katoi, much appreciated- hope you get back to LGW soon :)

Does anyone know about the nightstops ex-MAN?

Cheers
Landing_24R

CloudWarrior
19th Aug 2002, 13:34
Also on the subject of BACE I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what the starting salary is for ATP Captains? Thanks
CW

skianyn vannin
22nd Aug 2002, 17:46
Well the salary for turbo prop captains starts at about £40K ish with soon to be introduced FDP at the staggering rate of £1/hour.

Expect to work your b@ll$ off lots of roster disruption, early starts and late finishes.

Enjoy!

zapo
22nd Aug 2002, 22:16
Landing 24R

Nightstops on the 145 include

FRA,BRU,BHD,GLA,DUS and soon to be HAJ aswell, most people get at least one night away each week but it can be as many as three each week.

Rgds zapo.

Landing_24R
23rd Aug 2002, 08:02
Thanks Zapo, much appreciated.

Landing_24R