PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some inspiration

Starlink
20th Aug 2020, 03:20
Hi, I am hoping someone could help me find an inspirational post that I stumbled on earlier in the year. The message entailed why people should consider hiring a pilot in other industries be it that we do not necessarily have the experience. If someone can paste the text back here it would be greatly appreciated.
Preferably before JobKeeper ends.

Angle of Attack
20th Aug 2020, 09:41
No one cares if you are a pilot it’s all about you whether they think you can do the particular job efficiently, on the bright side Jobkeeper is going until next March. I’d say aim for the lowest piss poor job you can get and once you have that just keep working up. Good luck.

FFG 02
20th Aug 2020, 11:12
https://medium.com/@arjan.verhoeven/why-you-should-hire-a-pilot-to-run-your-business-1349e894dbf6

Global Aviator
20th Aug 2020, 23:43
As mentioned elsewhere, yes a skill set but an unqualified skill set for anything else.

Any employer will know dam well that the second you can get into the pointy end again you will go.

Little like back in the day when you crack that first job and don’t have the ATPLs.....

So what advantages does the skill set lead to unqualified jobs, ahhh yes that night fill shift work, how to climb over each other up the greasy pole, how to throw knives in backs, on and on.

Oh ****e I sound bitter and twisted, yeah nah, but it’s the truth, this bloke writing but pilots are better than others, give me a break... Stay well stay healthy stay sane, get back in the sky sooner or later!

Xeptu
21st Aug 2020, 00:01
The best advice I can give you is to not let it be known you were an Airline Pilot. The reaction every time is "Oh I can't imagine you'll be happy here" you can include "pilot licence" in your resume without referring to class and that's all. Keep your aviation resume separated from anything else.

compressor stall
21st Aug 2020, 00:58
The best advice I can give you is to not let it be known you were an Airline Pilot. The reaction every time is "Oh I can't imagine you'll be happy here" you can include "pilot licence" in your resume without referring to class and that's all. Keep your aviation resume separated from anything else.

And be humble. When I did my truck licence 10 years ago the instructor stated how many ex Ansett pilots he failed as they came in cocky expecting to be able to drive a truck as well they could drive a plane. Learning a non synchro box is not as easy as it looks. Not exactly as cerebral as knowing your FCOMs inside out, but needs practice.

Starlink
21st Aug 2020, 01:26
Thanks FFG, much appreciated.

barleyhi
21st Aug 2020, 02:55
I have a farming friend who is looking for header drivers for the coming harvest. He is situated in the Lake Cargelligo area NSW. If you are interested in this please PM me.

Street garbage
21st Aug 2020, 03:18
As mentioned elsewhere, yes a skill set but an unqualified skill set for anything else.

Any employer will know dam well that the second you can get into the pointy end again you will go.

Little like back in the day when you crack that first job and don’t have the ATPLs.....

So what advantages does the skill set lead to unqualified jobs, ahhh yes that night fill shift work, how to climb over each other up the greasy pole, how to throw knives in backs, on and on.

Oh ****e I sound bitter and twisted, yeah nah, but it’s the truth, this bloke writing but pilots are better than others, give me a break... Stay well stay healthy stay sane, get back in the sky sooner or later!

Good to see you are as negative as ever Global Aviator.
I will say to everyone else- keep your chin up, look out for you mates, and as said above, be humble in your applications for work, there is work out there now, might be harder to find once JK finishes.

Global Aviator
21st Aug 2020, 03:30
Not at all negative garbage man.

I really do hope everyone is finding something, amongst people I know I have seen guys get jobs, they are humble.

My point I am making is just cause ya a pilot ya ain’t special, as has also been mentioned it can have a negative effect on some.

If one cannot accept the harsh realities then I don’t have an issue.

We all have our own opinions.