PDA

View Full Version : JCAB medicals

REM
16th Aug 2002, 05:15
Does anyone have details or links to sites with information on JCAB medicals?

Antares
17th Aug 2002, 03:16
Try
http://www.nasa.com
look up astronaut qualifications!:D

Slasher
19th Aug 2002, 03:03
Havent done one myself but mates I know say its BLOODEY tough!

Antares is right. Youd have a better chance of passin a Shuttle medical! :rolleyes:

Secret Agent Man 2
24th Aug 2002, 03:18
Well, I am officailly scared! Does anyone have any factual info? Wondering if my pudgy bottom is wasting his time even going there.....

26th Aug 2002, 22:40
Depends what you're doing and who you're doing it with. BMI usually lower than 27 required (big issue) and cholesteral normal. For the rest, if you dip the phsycho or interview, they'll probably tell you that you failed the medical. As far as the NASA theory goes: Deke Slayton (amongst other things) flew the Apollo Soyuz link up in the summer of 1975. He had dicky heart and passed that one. :D

Midnight Mike
30th Aug 2002, 12:58
I used to work for Nippon Cargo Airlines, from what the pilots told me the JCAB medical is tough to pass. I believe the JFK medical center in New York is still able to conduct the medical. There is a doctor in SFO that used to conduct the medical, forgot his name.

We had one pilot that was a marathon runner and was rejected because his blood pressure was too low, if you can believe that!

Midnight Mike