PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian ATPL to GCAA (Emirates) ATPL?

A1KSA
17th Aug 2020, 07:13
I'm wondering if i would be able to convert my Egyptian ATPL to a GCAA Emirates ATPL valid for work in an Emirati Airline.

Is the process simple or is it a hard conversion process? (like FAA to EASA)

Thanks! :)

Fired600
17th Aug 2020, 12:48
Because there are lots of jobs available in the UAE at the moment..........

A1KSA
17th Aug 2020, 12:50
Not a very helpful reply. I'm not planning to go there tomorrow. Still got a couple years before I think about it.

WB1900
17th Aug 2020, 14:05
first of all if they hire you they will convert your icao
secondly read all the posts again - than think about and repeat the process before you consider to work for one of these outfits
thirdly in this forum you won’t find any positives about an Emirati airline again - nor will you much positiv replies anywhere else
and please be my guest to know it better because all of that can’t happen to you - and if you think for what ever reason it can’t happen to you i truely recommend you to reconsider your dream because being a pilot thinking it can’t happen to me is the wrong attitude for this profession

A1KSA
17th Aug 2020, 14:08
I've lived in Emirates for over 10 years. I know that some companies there are a tad discriminatory and harsh, but I've talked to a couple of pilots that work for Emirates and FlyDubai and they say they rarely see any of it.

Adam Barfy
17th Aug 2020, 16:33
You must be right then. Doesn’t happen......

Python27
17th Aug 2020, 16:58
As saudi as it gets

27 RTB

Fired600
17th Aug 2020, 17:34
I've lived in Emirates for over 10 years. I know that some companies there are a tad discriminatory and harsh, but I've talked to a couple of pilots that work for Emirates and FlyDubai and they say they rarely see any of it.
Don’t quote me on it but I think I might just possibly have spoken to more pilots than you..... just possibly, and it’s a different result. Just remind me how many locals were made redundant recently?
Welcome, we have lovely big shiny jets and the latest iPhone to take your flight deck Instagram photo with.

A1KSA
17th Aug 2020, 17:40
Again, if the UAE doesn't really want any foreign pilots. They wouldn't have a 90% expat population.
Sure, companies prefer nationals and locals, but they won't ever be able to survive without foreign workers.
At some point demand will go up again, 3,4,5 more years? Maybe, no-one knows...

A1KSA
17th Aug 2020, 17:41
As saudi as it gets

27 RTB

Elaborate, please..

Fired600
17th Aug 2020, 17:59
A1KSA, I just realised you are still in school and this is a future dream of yours. I apologise for being so hard on you. You have jumped into the vipers pit I am afraid. Things are not great in this neck of the world at the moment and have been slipping for a long while. Many of us have been badly stung by the airlines here especially of late.
In all honestly I have had mainly a good career but the way things have slipped in the aviation industry the last decade is disgraceful and doesn’t bode well for your future. Do think long and hard before you commit to this career path, it is not what it was .

Python27
17th Aug 2020, 20:51
A1KSA

Out of patience moha...

Marcus555
18th Aug 2020, 00:31
Save ur soul kid
if u into this it means most probably you have the financial means don’t waste that