View Full Version : Coventry JAR course

gunner5120
25th Apr 2001, 12:28
Starting Coventry JAR Course 9th July. Anybody else doing the same course and fancies sharing accommodation. Get in touch.

JB007
25th Apr 2001, 13:15
I would highly recommend where I stayed, very conduicive to study in a great Warwickshire village with good pub!

About 10 miles from Bagington International Airport, straight down the A45.

Mind you it's quite expensive - £20 per night B+B..you can get alot cheaper especially if you want to share but personally I didn't want to live anywhere near Coventry for 6 months !!!!.

Drop me an e-mail if your interested and i'll pass you the details.

Cheers

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

Flypuppy
25th Apr 2001, 22:16
I'm planning to be on that course.

sam_flying
26th Apr 2001, 11:17
Flypuppy/Gunner5120

I am also supposed to be on this course BUT it all hinges on me selling the house in time, and at the moment its not looking good. I am hoping for a miracle so that I can join you but if not...I am booked in on the October course just in case http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

All keep your fingers crossed!!!

Sam

MANDA
2nd May 2001, 01:54
I will be starting the course in October. If anybody else is then please feel free to e-mail me.

trolleydollylover
2nd May 2001, 03:17
Are you looking at the part sponsorship scheme. I am and am intending to study Part Time. I am slightly out of the info loop at this moment are they starting to run a full time course at AFT or is it the school just around the corner, I cannot remember the name soz!

Flypuppy
2nd May 2001, 11:17
ATA is not connected to Atlantic Flight Training, as far as I know. They are on the other side of the airfield from AFT.

trolleydollylover
3rd May 2001, 01:52
cheers I was worried that I was missing out on something.

DouglasDigby
3rd May 2001, 17:55
ATA used to have a very good list of B & Bs. When I did my ATPL with them, I stayed on the outskirts of Coventry, nice house, good grub, etc (can't remember prices). Worth checking with them & booking early.

Snigs
3rd May 2001, 20:38
Good luck to all, especially pup, go get 'em mate!

Autofly
3rd May 2001, 22:44
Can someone give me details where I can find out more about the course??? Cheers

AF

Good luck to you all ....... where the hell did you get the money from????

Flypuppy
3rd May 2001, 23:10
Thanks Snigs, I'll tear them apart!

Autofly, ATA have a website http://www.atatraining.co.uk/ which will give you all the info you need.

I got the cash by being very nice to my bank manager and asking him to give me a second mortgage. I also had to be very very nice to Mrs Flypuppy to let me do this. ;)

Rob 747
6th May 2001, 16:22
Hey,
Let me know how the course is!!!!.
I am planning on either ATA or LGU in the early part of next year.
The woman who i spoke to on the phone sounded pretty tasty. This will not be an influencing though!!!!!!!!
Yeah right!!!!!!!

------------------

MikeSamuel
6th May 2001, 19:02
Could you guys tell me what Training you are actually having with ATA, is it ab-initio? Is it both the training for theoretical exams and flight training, or is it just the ground school stuff. I live in Coventry, and I'm going to go for my ATPL after A Levels. I am trying to get as much info as possible before Summer 2002, (and as much flying time too). By the way, if you are coming to Coventry to do the course, good luck. There are plenty of B and B's on the outskirts of the City Centre. Try calling them... I think one is called the Merlyn or something...they should be reasonable...
Any Coventry related questions? Give me a shout!

Mike

------------------
Anyone like to sponsor a 16 year old aspiring pilot to do a PPL? I have little money, but have an amazing attraction to an aviation career/lifestyle - Email me please!!

JB007
6th May 2001, 21:59
Mike,

It's just ATPL ground school....It's a good choice, you won't go wrong!!!

P.s One of the best signatures...very enterprising....

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

MikeSamuel
6th May 2001, 22:07
Thanks 007, and thanks to everyone for welcoming me on the board...

Never hesitate to e-mail, I love to talk! ;)

Regards to all,

Mike

------------------
Anyone like to sponsor a 16 year old aspiring pilot to do a PPL? I have little money, but have an amazing attraction to an aviation career/lifestyle - Email me please!!

Fly_146
12th May 2001, 00:56
In terms of accomm near COV airport, there are plenty of 'host' families near by, offering B+B plus an evening meal for £14 a night. Most of these are within walking distance of the AirPark side (ATA / AFT, etc) of the airfield.

ATA keep a good updated list. However, don't leave arranging your accomm til the last min!