PDA

View Full Version : KLM-UK Interview Info please

boeing_bananas
15th Aug 2002, 23:39
Hi all.

A friend of mine has got an assessment day/interview at KLM-UK coming up soon.

Can anyone please give me some idea about what kind of questions get asked at the interview.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

BB.

timzsta
16th Aug 2002, 09:29
For what job - pilot, cabin crew, customer services, head of the airline? We need a tad more to go on.

boeing_bananas
16th Aug 2002, 15:30
Ah, yes, you spotted my deliberate mistake!

It is for a pilot job.

Cheers.

Monocock
16th Aug 2002, 21:52
Heh heh heh .....!!!!

Where do you want me to start?

Is your friend at the initial assessment stage or has he actually got to the first or even the second interview??

I have been there and can let you know all you need to.

boeing_bananas
17th Aug 2002, 02:42
He is about to attend an initial assessment day to become a direct entry skipper on the F-50.

What line do the questions take - are they particularly technical...or Perf A? Or whatever!?

Thanks.

Monocock
17th Aug 2002, 20:03
First assessment day is purely written tests. Most of them are based on typical "IQ" testing questions. ie. if this cog goes this way which way will cog number five go etc.

There is a lot of arithmatic which can be quite tricky especially when you know you have limited time available. Best tip here is to forget you are surrounded by people and to relax and concentrate VERY hard.

Most people turn up at the initial assessment looking very smart in suits or jacket and tie. The examiners won't know you from Adam so I wouldn't get too worked up over your appearance as long as you are smartly "casual".

You will hear lots of people talking about how good they are and sucking up to the examiners at coffee breaks; don't bother cos if they could hear themselves they would wish the floor would swallow them up.

Stage two is slightly more taxing where you have computer co-ordination excercises which are not as easy as they look. ie fly the plane through the series of hoops, the more central you are the more points you score.

The other one I remember is the good old "is this shape shown below in the pattern on the screen". More difficult than it sounds, if you dont know then guess and move on to another. You'll have a 50% chance of being right and it saves wasting precious time as the next one might be obvious.

The third has just come to me and it is a series of marshallers silhouettes with batons. Some are upside down, some back to front and some are both. You are asked to very quickly say (via the keyboard) which hand the marshaller is holding up. Dont laugh cos this is the hardest one of all (I thought anyway).

Hope this helps and tell your mate good luck.

v1rotate
17th Aug 2002, 21:57
Surely a direct entry captain doesn't have to go through all that maths and co-ordination bit....or do they? It's not like he's going for the Cadet/Sponsorship scheme.

boeing_bananas
18th Aug 2002, 07:32
Monocock:

Thanks a lot for the info - will pass it on.

Honest Fr@nk
19th Aug 2002, 09:25
Monocock-

Hang on a minute. Are you sure you are giving the correct info.
Have you attended the assessment for the KLMuk/Cabair sponsorship ( because thats what it sounds like ) or was it indeed for the direct entry onto the F50 held at Stansted. The assessment you are describing does not sound at all suitable for direct entry commands.

Ray D'Avecta
20th Aug 2002, 20:35
Honest Frank is absolutely correct, Monocock.

The direct entry interviews are nothing like you describe, as far as I am aware.

Boeing Bananna's - best bet is to get your mate to sign up with the IPA, if not already a member, and ask for their KLMuk interview pack. I've seen it, and its spot on. Alternatively, you can search here, going back to something like december 2000, and you'll find quite detailed information.

Sorry to be so lazy, I just cant be bothered to repeat everything.

Cruise Alt
19th Sep 2002, 09:13
I will pass on the best advice that I ever got for looking for an airline (pilot) job. Join the Independant Pilot Association - (See ipapilot.com). Not only do they provide useful Airline fact files but will email you within minutes interview questions and sim check feedback. I recently passd a Sim ride whollely thanks to the information that they provided.

All this cost a mere £40 / year. I am also a member of the British Airways Line Pilot Assoc (AKA BALPA) which I have found totally ineffective for someone in my position ie not working for Big Airways.

Wish your friend good luck from me.