PDA

View Full Version : information on the Piaggio Avanti

Hkgdriver
5th Aug 2020, 15:05
Hi,

I am looking at the possibility of using a turboprop for trips around Europe. The older model Piaggio Avanti aircraft look great however if anyone is on the forum to shed some light on operating costs, maintenance support and what would be the minimum runway length you would be happy to operate into

much appreciated in advance

fitliker
5th Aug 2020, 16:03
Get a quote from your insurance company before kicking the tires . Buying the plane is easy , getting your pilots insured ?

ANDREA TEO
5th Aug 2020, 18:18
Hello hgkdriver. I flew the Piaggio for 1100 hrs around Europe. It was with a company called K-Air, now closed. I was a pilot and I do not have a clue of the exact amount of money the plane needs. I can tell you that we was able to go everywhere, and we was flying commercial. If you fly private then i think you can really go everywhere.
I don’t remember the numbers, but we was doing places like Bolzano LIPB 1300 m commercial. Maintenance is still available.

The door is tricky sometimes. It make noise and pins can loose contact quite often triggering the cabin door red light.

Nose gear is delicate too. It can have the “shimmy” issue make it vibrating a lot and this is only caused by wear and no real fixes was made, except replace many parts making it very expensive.
I see many Piaggio around. I will be concerned by noise fees and noise sensitive airports more than maintenance.

FLEXJET
5th Aug 2020, 21:19
Contact AirGo (Germany) and Oyonnair (France). They are both very experienced with the P180 and you will be able to compare their say.

Hkgdriver
6th Aug 2020, 13:16
Thanks for the information so far, in regards to insurance have been quoted £13k for a £1.25m hull which seems reasonable