PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a e-Logbook that comply with my particular conditions

endrju
4th Aug 2020, 09:10
Hi everybody,
I know that a subject of electronic logbooks was discussed many times but I've been testing many of logbooks already but I haven't found any that would comply all of my expectations.
My conditions are:

Import all data from mccPilot Logbook which I currently use
Working both on iOS and Android or eventually only for iOS
Backup to cloud so I could use it alternately on many devices.
I wish to create and save own queries with all conditions stored in logbook. For example I'd like to make query how many grass airfields I've visited last year and I want to save that query and launch with one button.
Support variety of printing formats (EASA, FAA etc.) with fully customizable columns adjustment.
License and medical assesment reminders.
Preferably one payment lifetime, without periodic subscription.
Preferably it should be easy and intuitive. I really don't need mind-blowing high end software with face recognition, weather maps and tracking my trips.

I would appreciate any advice.

Intrance
5th Aug 2020, 03:34
Spreadsheet saved in the cloud...

I mean, you can't have it all unfortunately, as mccPilotlog has proven. They supposedly couldn't survive on the single payment system so screwed over their customer base to launch "PilogLog". You could try that. If you had a "Lifetime" license for mccPilotlog you can pay at once for three-years of PilotLog and get "Lifetime" on that. Just remember lifetime doesn't seem to mean too much to them.

I think LogTen does pretty much all you ask for but is not cheap or cross platform. Perhaps RB Logbook from the Rosterbuster people. I think there is one called FlightLog that is crossplatform and quite flexible. Otherwise, seriously, you can probably do all of the things you want with an Excel spreadsheet if you put some time in to setting up the initial template. You could even base your template off the mccPilotlog export CSV file I guess and have all that data in there already.