3rd Aug 2020, 11:10
https://www.mlit.go.jp/jtsb/eng-air_report/HS-TGX.pdf

Unbelievable.

j3pipercub
3rd Aug 2020, 12:45
That is a rather scary read.

ZFT
3rd Aug 2020, 14:17
Whilst equally unbelievable, unless rules have changed recently, my understanding is that there is no regulatory requirement to update EGPWS databases!! (I standby to be corrected).

flightleader
4th Aug 2020, 04:39
Typical example of the sh@t this industry has came to. Pushing a B747 into an approach that has a turn away from the threshold in such a tight space. Nevemind all the drawings of available lightings, it is nearly impossible to make it out which is which on a clear night. Fly there at night regularly. HND is one ticking time bomb waiting to have its moment.

320busdriver
4th Aug 2020, 12:47
Flightleader totally agree with you, I fly regularly into HND at night its an accident waiting to happen. there are lights everywhere that distract you, even LDA 22 approach and landing is tough, and contrary to popular belief that everything the japanese do is great, i find japanese ATC mediocre at best, not very helpful especially in high stress situations like weather related😣 -- i`m not going to make excuses for this Thai crew because as commercial pilots your SA must be something you cannot lose especially in extremely tricky airports like HND.

karnc
13th Aug 2020, 01:52
Landing on this VOR A 16L RJTT, Operator must provides SIM session for its pilot in order to operate. Without some practice, doing it the first time will result in a messy approach.