PDA

View Full Version : Stage 4 lockdown Victoria

ACMS
2nd Aug 2020, 07:15
Well that’s possibly the final nail in the GA coffin for a lot of companies in Victoria.....

Squawk7700
2nd Aug 2020, 07:46
Well that’s possibly the final nail in the GA coffin for a lot of companies in Victoria.....

The affected industries are yet to be announced. Tomorrow is the announcement.

machtuk
2nd Aug 2020, 08:14
It was only a matter of time before communist Dan finished off what was left of Victoria, the skies will be the emptiest they have ever been!

ozbiggles
2nd Aug 2020, 08:32
It would seem the sky is full of Covid in Victoria.

Squawk7700
2nd Aug 2020, 09:46
It would seem the sky is full of Covid in Victoria.

Residents that live in government housing usually don’t fly aircraft.

Boeingpilot738
2nd Aug 2020, 10:15
It was only a matter of time before communist Dan finished off what was left of Victoria, the skies will be the emptiest they have ever been!

He’s a tool to be sure but did you see the pictures of St Kilda Beach today? People just aren’t getting it.

zanthrus
2nd Aug 2020, 10:29
It’s f’ing winter in Melbourne. What idiot wants to go to the beach?

machtuk
2nd Aug 2020, 10:44
He’s a tool to be sure but did you see the pictures of St Kilda Beach today? People just aren’t getting it.

Oh plenty of people abuse the rules BUT let's say after communist Dan destroys Vict's economy completly and we end up with very few transmissions then what? The Virus won't pack up its bag and disappear it's with us forever until a vaccine is readily available!
Who would have ever thought we would be under such repressive draconian laws to fix something that we cannot stop!

thisishardtochoose
2nd Aug 2020, 11:14
Oh plenty of people abuse the rules BUT let's say after communist Dan destroys Vict's economy completly and we end up with very few transmissions then what? The Virus won't pack up its bag and disappear it's with us forever until a vaccine is readily available!
Who would have ever thought we would be under such repressive draconian laws to fix something that we cannot stop!

Whats your suggestion then mate? Open everything back up and let the virus rip through the population resulting in our health system failing?

dr dre
2nd Aug 2020, 12:46
Whats your suggestion then mate? Open everything back up and let the virus rip through the population resulting in our health system failing?

Very well said. Do some commentating here realise we’re in the midst of a pandemic?

Yeah it sucks but if you want to ensure we have a population able to fly in GA in 2021 then better stop the problem now.

Save me all the “but my flying won’t make a difference” talk. It’s about stopping community spread and transmission by limiting non essential activity and movement. Your leisure flying is not essential. This is coming from Health officials not people intent on destroying GA. Your recreational flying can wait a few months til it’s sorted.

Unless you want to end up like the US, they’re still flying quite a lot there, wonder why the virus is ravaging that nation?

If any of you do decide that “communist Dan” or the “Nanny State” isn’t going to stop your “exercising your endowed right to fly”, then I look forward to watching you pilloried by society when video of your arrest is aired on the news....

gassed budgie
3rd Aug 2020, 03:05
It’s f’ing winter in Melbourne. What idiot wants to go to the beach?

....and the beach is redolent in two things that virus hate. UV sunlight/radiation and salt. Reckon the beach is a good place to be. And Dan is still a fcukwit.

peterc005
3rd Aug 2020, 04:16
....and the beach is redolent in two things that virus hate. UV sunlight/radiation and salt. Reckon the beach is a good place to be. And Dan is still a fcukwit.
I like Daniel Andrews and think he's doing a great job in very difficult circumstances.

Squawk7700
3rd Aug 2020, 04:37
I like Daniel Andrews and think he's doing a great job in very difficult circumstances.

That’s because you are clearly a Labour supporter and can’t see past the end of your own nose.

It was his incompetence that led to the carriage of the virus from the hotel quarantine by using low cost security companies with guards found on Whatsapp groups when the PSO’s (who pretty much aren’t even needed at the moment), could have continued to do it.

I am surprised he is even still employed.

If you can enlighten us all as to what he has done that could be considered as a “great job” we are all ears....?

junior.VH-LFA
3rd Aug 2020, 05:09
I'm not an ALP supporter or voter but I'm getting tired of the Dictator Dan bull****. He has been following advice from scientists and doctors (you know, actual experts), in conjunction with the federal government throughout this. It's not a one man band, as determined as some of you are to make it so.

You can not and won't make things better by trying to pin Victoria's situation on one man. The security contractors as individuals have the bulk of responsibility for the initial outbreak; If you're being paid to do a job, you do it. I'd like to see a pilot take the blame for someone else's **** up in the aviation world, none of you would own up to it either. Likewise the now countless Victorians (many of whom have been ABSENT from their homes after testing positive for COVID) have their share of the blame for further community transmission. Do you think the Premier was on the ground picking out who to hire? Checking people's resume's? Is that a job you'd normally expect from a premier or do you support micromanagement to that level?

I have no doubt there are things that could have been done better, but while Victoria has been absolutely taking the piss out of stage 3 restrictions and attempts to minimise the outbreak without a full lockdown, the citizens of Victoria sadly only have themselves to blame.

Victoria as a state needs to come together, rip the bandaid off over the next 6 weeks and get through this as a team. With compliance there will be results and we can all get back to the way things were sooner rather than later.

As for the virus itself, I think some of you desperately need to do some reading on what COVID is and it's long term health implications. Heart issues, affected lung functionality, severe fatigue. Good luck passing your Class 1 medical if you get it; and that's for a young person.

neville_nobody
3rd Aug 2020, 05:15

Entirely of his own making. Not only has he ruined the Victorian economy, he has affected the National one as well and is now looking toward the Federal Government for yet more money. When all he needed to do was take the Military when first offered and enforced the quarantine properly the first time and not try and be a hero. He will need to resign before the next election.

Stickshift3000
3rd Aug 2020, 05:16
I'm not an ALP supporter or voter but I'm getting tired of the Dictator Dan bull****. He has been following advice from scientists and doctors (you know, actual experts), in conjunction with the federal government throughout this. It's not a one man band, as determined as some of you are to make it so.

....the citizens of Victoria sadly only have themselves to blame.

I agree entirely.

For the record, I don’t cheer for either side of politics.

Stickshift3000
3rd Aug 2020, 05:19
When all he needed to do was take the Military when first offered and enforced the quarantine properly the first time. He will need to resign before the next election.

Use of the military was initially offered only to drive overseas arrivals to the hotels in buses, nothing more. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story though...

Other states are also using private security firms in hotel quarantine.

havick
3rd Aug 2020, 05:19

Seems to be working here in the USA.

Squawk7700
3rd Aug 2020, 05:30
You can not and won't make things better by trying to pin Victoria's situation on one man. The security contractors as individuals have the bulk of responsibility for the initial outbreak; If you're being paid to do a job, you do it. I'd like to see a pilot take the blame for someone else's **** up in the aviation world, none of you would own up to it either. Likewise the now countless Victorians (many of whom have been ABSENT from their homes after testing positive for COVID) have their share of the blame for further community transmission. Do you think the Premier was on the ground picking out who to hire? Checking people's resume's? Is that a job you'd normally expect from a premier or do you support micromanagement to that level?

The buck stops with him on the call he made to use low cost unionised contracting companies.

Do you think that if armed police or PSO’s were guarding the returned travellers, that they would be having sex with the returned travellers and taking them complete with their Covid infections to McDonalds?

Billions of dollars of the country’s economy have been wiped out because some 19 year old teenagers with a 2 day security ticket from the back of a weeties packet were entrusted to perform a critical responsibility that had the potential to affect millions of people’s health.

neville_nobody
3rd Aug 2020, 05:43
Use of the military was initially offered only to drive overseas arrivals to the hotels in buses, nothing more. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story though..

No it wasn't. Federal Government recommended quarantine done by the Police and Military. It was reported and discussed widely at the time that was on offer.

https://www.abc.net.au/7.30/daniel-andrews-discusses-the-melbourne-covid-19/12413604

Square Bear
3rd Aug 2020, 05:50
If Daniel Adams has only been following the advice of his experts, maybe he should change those experts for those from QLD, NSW, TAS, SA, WA, NT, ACT.....ie: those experts selected by every other Government in Australia that have managed to do a lot more things right than Andrews has.

Following advice from “his experts” (and blaming the citizens) is a cop out excuse for the poor leadership that has caused VICTORIA to be in the lousy situation it is.

thisishardtochoose
3rd Aug 2020, 06:31
Other states are also using private security firms in hotel quarantine.

Mind you they are also using the same security firm that was used in VIC...

vne165
3rd Aug 2020, 07:09
Reasons to be cheerful, Part III, or The Top Ten, Eleven Reasons why Chairman Mao Ze Dan should be rubbed out:

Overreach in the beginning phases of the pandemic, e.g. must be tough because after all, we are tough in Victoria. We had underbelly, Squizzy Taylor, The Kelly Gang, Norm Gallagher. Remember? So we’re banning fishing, golf, intimate partner visits, no isolating at your holiday home, et al. Largest fines in the land and forget about your wedding day. Meanwhile the rest of the country just got on with managing the situation.
His arrogant and demeaning way of addressing the population in sneering, school-masterly, dictatorial terms has eroded his authority. He blames the very people he serves. People who think, that is to say reasonable people, look for leadership and truth, not a dressing down. Even the most ardent supports will switch off after a while when faced with that style of communication, let alone minorities and people with limited language skills.
Rolling back number 1) when placed under pressure - just another brick in the wall.
The cover up of the Cedar Meats debacle, whether it was tenuously or actually linked to former or sitting Labor parliamentarian(s) further strained his credibility.
Allowing (read supporting) the BLM march to proceed, possibly the most unbelievable act of political gutlessness and moral failure imaginable. Can’t visit dying granny to say goodbye, but it’s ok to march 10,000 strong through the city yelling “What do we want, I don’t know, When do want it? Now!”. Yet again, the twisted progressive logic had triumphed – whatever we do, we can’t upset a racial minority and must be seen to be supportive. By far his biggest loss of credibility and watched with incredulity throughout the rest of the country. 10/10 for messaging there Dan.
Failing to adequately engage with, identify or otherwise manage certain minority groups that didn’t understand or refused to cooperate regards isolation and social distancing, again in case the administration could in some way be accused of racial bias.
Awarding quarantine surveillance contracts to union affiliated businesses without due process or governance, rather than take the sensible (free) offer of federal ADF support, which was on in the morning, then back-tracked out of in the afternoon, no doubt after a couple of phone calls came his way.
Diverting and obfuscating legitimate questions about number 7) by calling an inquiry, which is now used like Bat-Fink’s wings e.g. my inquiry is like a shield of steel, I won’t answer that question, it’s for the inquiry to determine etc.
Complete failure to admit to, or hold anyone in his administration to the slightest level of account for the failures, miss-steps and general screw ups.
Forecasting changes to lock-down provisions days or hours in advance, allowing a now largely switched off, insouciant populous to re-position itself ahead of the next deadline. Change your license address online anyone? Didn’t think that through, did they.
Attempting to shift the blame for the standard of care in Victorian residential aged care facilities onto the federal government, because they make the rules. The equivalent of blaming the car maker for speeding.

I could go on but it simultaneously angers and depresses me. I have an elderly family member in not insignificant peril because of the incompetence of this muppet and his gang of stooges. He and he alone is at the helm, and will be held accountable. There is no doubt from where I sit, that the good folk of Victoria have seen through his paper thin veneer of command and control and a reckoning at the next state election awaits the Labor party. I doubt Dan will see it, he'll be long gone. And if there isn’t such a reckoning, god help the place of my birth.

Squawk7700
3rd Aug 2020, 07:35
Brilliant post there vne165 and spot on.