PDA

View Full Version : InFormEnter NOT Editor. But still a worry.

Loose rivets
1st Aug 2020, 22:41
I've used it for years. Click on a little blue arrow on the right of boxes and get a list of your telephone numbers, email addresses etc.

The list has gone. First time ever. Just gone. They ask for a small donation. Well, okay, it's a useful tool, but this smacks of blackmail tactics - up with which I will not put.

Furthermore, close inspection of the terms are very worrying. It probes into one's software like nothing I've ever seen. Defaults to on. I encode some of the strings of numbers, but still it's come as a shock. Can't ever trust them again. Oh, and it looks while you've got your secretive mask on.

The bloke that put me onto it years ago says his is okay. That's odd. I put four items back in the list and they're still there today.

It is, or was, an incredibly useful tool. I'll be dismayed if I can't regain confidence in it - or something like it - again. I will never put bank numbers in again, however encoded.

Loose rivets
3rd Aug 2020, 12:53
Just reading up about WaterFox and this was a poster's issue with InFormEnter

"Rated 2 out of 5
by Firefox user 12946727, a year ago (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/informenter/reviews/1373054/)I lost profile data many times so far. It is very disturbing. I think this is because this add-on saves data to Firefox Sync. Adding a new browser profile to Firefox Sync creates an empty InFormEntter+ profile on that new Firefox profile, which is copied to all profiles via Firefox Sync and loses all data."

So, I'm not alone, though the actual cause is still not certain.

Loose rivets
11th Aug 2020, 15:11
I got a lead to CCleaner Browser. I had looked at that and forgotten all about it. Had to be it. Removed it, and my InFormEnter was okay for some days.

It's gone again. I hadn't realised just how much I used that little add on.