PDA

View Full Version : ATPL(H) question UK

P.N.Ridley
1st Aug 2020, 15:06
Hello all.

May l pick your brains. My UK ATPL(H) expired in 2009. Since then l have been exercising the privilages of a UK ATPL(A).

My question is will l be able to renew or revalidate the ATPL(H) if l do a type conversion at an approved ATO? Would l have issues with the validity of the ATPL(H) exam credits?

​​​​I passed both the Aeroplane and rotary exams last century. I look forward to some guidance as the CAA....well.

rudestuff
1st Aug 2020, 20:19
If an IR expires by more than 7 years, you're required to retake the IR exams, however as you have a current IR in a different category, you should be covered as there is no requirement for additional exams when converting an IR (A) to IR(H).

P.N.Ridley
1st Aug 2020, 21:03
OK great. Thanks l will see what transpires.

rogue leader
3rd Aug 2020, 20:46
If an IR expires by more than 7 years, you're required to retake the IR exams, however as you have a current IR in a different category, you should be covered as there is no requirement for additional exams when converting an IR (A) to IR(H).

There was in 2007 when I did it the other way round; the 5 Aeroplane specific ATPL exams.

sycamore
3rd Aug 2020, 21:49
Thought the OP`s question was about the ATPLH,no mention of IR....?

rudestuff
4th Aug 2020, 04:38
Thought the OP`s question was about the ATPLH,no mention of IR....?
It was. But since the OP holds an ATPL already, they don't need to do the ATPL exams again. What they need is a type/IR.

rudestuff
4th Aug 2020, 04:41
There was in 2007 when I did it the other way round; the 5 Aeroplane specific ATPL exams.
Maybe you were converting the licence as well? To convert just an IR there are no exams.

rogue leader
4th Aug 2020, 07:27
Maybe you were converting the licence as well? To convert just an IR there are no exams.

Correct, my bad. I misunderstood the OP and replied in haste.

If I'm honest I'm not 100% sure what they mean by an expired UK ATPL(H), as I have an EASA ATPL(H) which is valid for life AFAIK, so I'll leave it to those with greater knowledge in this area :-)

RL