PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 haemotology test

31st Jul 2020, 11:50
Is a haemotology blood test required at every class 2 renewal? I checked Part-Med and it just says a haemotology test is required at each class 1 renewal. I had a class 2 renewal last year and a tube of blood was taken and sent to a lab for testing. At any class 1 renewal I've had in the past Im sure it was tested with just a pin prick on the finger.

24th Sep 2020, 12:57
Is a haemotology blood test required at every class 2 renewal? I checked Part-Med and it just says a haemotology test is required at each class 1 renewal. I had a class 2 renewal last year and a tube of blood was taken and sent to a lab for testing. At any class 1 renewal I've had in the past Im sure it was tested with just a pin prick on the finger.

To answer my own question, No, A blood sample is not required to be taken for a class 2 renewal. I just had my renewal with a different AME and no blood sample was required. It seems that some AME's are not familiar enough with the renewal requirements!

poporange
29th Sep 2020, 14:16
So it varies? Is it required or not?

cmsglider
29th Sep 2020, 17:38
According to part med , the test is required for a class 1 for both initial and renewal and for class 2 only at initial.