PDA

View Full Version : Air Peace, Nigeria

IESS
30th Jul 2020, 17:38
Hi All,

Anyone here with first hand knowledge about Air Peace?
Looking for some expat pilots who worked therre...

4runner
31st Jul 2020, 04:48
Try writing in Cyrillic. Mainly Serbs.

where ever what ever
3rd Aug 2020, 15:19
https://newswirengr.com/2020/08/03/breaking-air-peace-allegedly-sacks-most-of-its-pilots-over-pay-dispute/

Dirtratman
17th Aug 2020, 20:16
As a former Captain on the B777, I say stay for away to anyone. The pay is ok, but never on time, but now they have cut pay by 40%, so now it’s crap. The living conditions are **** on 11 Remi Femi Kayode Ave, I was in house 2 and I got malaria and typhoid in the same week earlier this year 2020 and almost died. The locals don’t want you there meaning expats especially white ones.

When I was sick and by myself in my so called guesthouse, which is infested with mosquitoes and other crawly bugs , he refused to send me home and would not help me to take me to the hospital or even check in on me to see how I was doing. He lives in the same compound about 20 feet away from my door . No one from Air Peace check to see if I was alive or not. 2 other of my roommates also got malaria in our guesthouse. One of them almost died. I was a contractor through Zenon, do not use them. I had to evacuate myself out from Lagos to save my life.

Air Peace renewed my contract in February for another year only to end it in March when Covid happened. I got myself out again on my own as Air Peace would not. I was paid less than 30% of my total pay for March and still owed the rest plus my last pay due my contract which Zenon never upheld.

This is so much more horror stories I could tell of this place. I was one of the original Captains on the 777 and was there for 2 horrible years.

Bottom line is for your health and safety , stay far away!!!!!

Dirtratman
18th Aug 2020, 12:32
See my reply below under Dirtratman. The DFO is mentally unstable and bullies everyone and they are scared of him. The owner likes him and lets him do what he wants. He does not like expats but needs them and makes life miserable. He almost cost me mine when he would not let me go home when I was sick with both malaria and typhoid. I had to get mYself home to get proper treatment. They are flying the crap out of the one triple they have going though just got the other one back yesterday and now will need more crew. All the expats and the locals on the triple are out of check and the locals that came from the 737 have never been checked out on the line. The former PIA checkairman they have lost his job from PIA for leaving 2 new FO’s to the triple up front in the flight deck while he slept in first class. There are several pictures online about it. The NCAA is a joke and lets Air Peace get away with unsafe flights all the time.

Reims_Rocket
20th Aug 2020, 04:13
What a story!

Always Moving
20th Aug 2020, 05:40
Actually no story there, or no NEW story, just SNAFU

Dirtratman
20th Aug 2020, 10:07
what’s that mean, don’t hide behind acronyms.

hamil
20th Aug 2020, 13:32
Thanks for sharing your experience. Funny, so they're still hiring pilots, who would accept their terms?

SNAFU means 'Situation Normal: All F****d Up' :}

where ever what ever
20th Aug 2020, 17:46
I had a similar experience with my government kindly bring me home at my cost. I just got asked back with a 40% pay cut. I asked them to confirm the plan to re-pay the 30% taken without permission from March's pay and got a series of 'we'll get back to you' emails I'm guessing that a few thousand that I will never see

I lived in a reasonable villa near a supermarket and in the latest email they said my new place will be a room in a flat near the airport which I've visited previously and was well below standard. I guess money is the issue now 80% of the local pilots were sacked for not accepting the stupid 80% pay cut they were enforcing. (putting a co-pilot on around $200 a month )

The remaining pilots are the ones who broke the strike because they could afford to with independent financial support I guess

The main issue is the culture of no conscience flying, I have seen so main unstable approaches and never a go-around ERJ's have has two in flight engine failures Beoing fleet had four major incidents with structural damage I don't think any were recorded but there are some lovely photos doing the rounds on the internet

In a few months Green Africa and United Nigeria will be the death of Air Peace anyways

pfvspnf
21st Aug 2020, 04:04
They seem to be calling people back , lots of applicants . People will come and fly for anything these days

where ever what ever
21st Aug 2020, 11:22
Good luck ,

Maybe this will help with any decision to join ...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndga/pr/ceo-nigerian-airline-indicted-bank-fraud-and-money-laundering

4runner
21st Aug 2020, 15:06
they’re not hiding behind acronyms. You’re just not one of the cool kids that knows what it means. Stop having temper tantrums.

Dirtratman
21st Aug 2020, 21:25
what planes are they getting?

where ever what ever
23rd Aug 2020, 14:25
United Nigeria 4 x ERJ 145

Green Africa are starting with baby Airbus 220 maybe two I think

wingspan68
25th Aug 2020, 11:32
I heard they get Embraer E2 deliveries and looking again short term rated pilots, despite the fact they sacked some of their own...

Dirtratman
25th Aug 2020, 13:40
Yes, they are taking delivery of 2 in September and the plan is to eventually replace the 737 they have. Let’s see how much is still left to do that. If you are thinking to apply, well I say stay far away. The DFO is a egotistical mad man who hates expats especially white peoples even though his mother was white. The accommodation is just per crap. Myself and 2 of my flat mates got sick at the same time with malaria and I also got typhoid from living in that place. The mosquitoes are everywhere and can’t keep them out. The company does not fumigate at all like they do once a month in the proper hotels. I barely made it out with my life. The pay will be 40% less than normal as they are taking advantage of the COVID crises and the owner is under US Dept of Justice indictment for bank fraud and money laundering and has has had his passport taken away and there is a US warrent out for his arrest. So, everyone be warned.

where ever what ever
28th Aug 2020, 17:35
https://www.flightglobal.com/safety/air-peace-737-captain-seized-control-before-wheel-loss-landing/135352.articleThe cockpit-voice recorder was found to be overwritten.

In an initial set of safety recommendations the investigation bureau states that Air Peace should ensure that its crews “strictly” adhere to go-around procedures if an approach destabilises below 1,000ft.

No go-around culture, I actually got told by a training Captain while I was there that go-around were not permitted as passengers assumed that this was due to a failure ...

Dirtratman
28th Aug 2020, 18:17
Are you kidding me Air Peace local or even some expat pilots know about go around. They either don’t know how to do it or are not trained to do a go around. They break every rule in the rule book regarding safety of flight and duty time regulations. I know because it’s happen to me several times and when I complained and filled out the company and NCAA paperwork, it went away and never heard anything back from either the company or NCAA. The DFO is in bed with the NCAA. I’m not surprised that they tried to erase the cockpit recorder. This probably happened on a recent freight to Chengdu where the weather was below CAT I minimums ad AIrPeace triple crew are only checked out to CAT I though the phone can do lower, but is not maintained for it. I’m glad other countries are taking notice and should. The head training guy is ex PIA and is totally useless, see the recent crash and PIA guys without proper licenses , do I need to say more.

pfvspnf
7th Oct 2020, 07:26
Is there more evacuation flights to India?

Dirtratman
7th Oct 2020, 08:34
Who knows ?

pfvspnf
8th Oct 2020, 18:39
Dirtratman

NCAA “lost” paperwork is common , quick fixes magically appear . Guy in Arik who handled this

Dirtratman
8th Oct 2020, 22:23
What I’m I suppose to respond too? Air Peace is a :mad: organisation that owns meme over 6 months pay and many hundreds of expenses . What to expect from a Nigerian company .

boeing_boeing
28th Oct 2021, 17:18
Any more information about how it is there right now?

They are recruiting for EMB 195 E2, but the posts in this thread make me think about it once again.

Dirtratman
29th Oct 2021, 00:14
Don’t touch it with a 10 foot pole. Don’t know what they are offering for pay, but the triple guys took a 50% pay cut and the place they put you in for housing is crap and myself and my roommates got sick with malaria and typhoid after taking all precautions and pills and vaccine. So, run away! They still owe me money, but blame it on COVID to not pay me.

pfvspnf
30th Oct 2021, 12:10
There is opening for the freshers , not easy to lead the young ones but job is there

Trim Stab
31st Oct 2021, 09:02
Nigerian airlines have a long history of conning foreign pilots into working for them for free. The standard game is to keep promising that the salary is "coming soon". The longer the pilot stays, the harder it is to walk away from what is "owed". I met an Arik pilot that had been working for free for 13 months, still believing that his back pay was "coming soon". Then as soon as there is a Nigerian pilot available who is type-rated and available, you will lose your work permit anyway, and they probably won't even pay your ticket home as they will accuse you of "breaching your contract". And once you are out of the country you have no chance at all to recover what is owed to you. On top of that, Lagos is just an appalling place to live.

777JockeyIN
5th Jan 2022, 16:54
Any Updates guys ? Are things getting any better ?

Dirtratman
5th Jan 2022, 20:01
Air peace and its DO, Victor Egonu is pure poison and you will be treated as dirt as I was as a B777 Captain for 2 years. The owner is even worse and lies through his teeth. I know if you need a job but you will regret it taking this job.

pfvspnf
9th Jan 2022, 06:43
What happened ? Same as Arik de style

Dirtratman
9th Jan 2022, 06:47
The place is a piece of crap to work at, they pay you less than agreed and once in country they can do to you what they want. Nigerians will never change towards expats of different colour. They almost killed a guy that was in my housing , refusing to send him and pay for a proper medical treatment for malaria. Egounu will talk a good talk but don’t ever trust him or the Chairman, count your fingers after shaking hands with them.

777JockeyIN
9th Jan 2022, 10:43
pfvspnf (https://www.pprune.org/members/386098-pfvspnf) pls check your pm.

Dirtratman
9th Jan 2022, 13:57
What’s that mean, speak English

777JockeyIN
9th Jan 2022, 14:08
Pm - personal message bro

Flaperon777
2nd Feb 2022, 07:44
What kind of accommodation can be expected in Lagos for bachelors ?
Can your family visit once in a while ? And this ‘transportation’ from home to airport. Is it like a pick up or individual ?
Thanks.

Dirtratman
2nd Feb 2022, 14:51
Accommodation is crap and you will get sick with malaria and typhoid as a he water is not filtered and mosquitoes get in very easily. Air Con leaks and does not work all the time and the electricity goes out many times even with a back up generator. Why would you want to bring your family to a crap whole? Why would you even take this job? You must be desperate. One of my roommates almost died there with malaria and 2 others did. So, if you can stay away!

Flaperon777
4th Feb 2022, 05:20
Accommodation is crap and you will get sick with malaria and typhoid as a he water is not filtered and mosquitoes get in very easily. Air Con leaks and does not work all the time and the electricity goes out many times even with a back up generator. Why would you want to bring your family to a crap whole? Why would you even take this job? You must be desperate. One of my roommates almost died there with malaria and 2 others did. So, if you can stay away!
Thanks for the intel. Was not considering it anyways. Heard some horror stories about pay, accommodation and aircraft maintenance. Just decided to scout around a bit.
How many airplanes are flying in their fleets anyways?

777JockeyIN
17th Feb 2022, 03:08
I heard one is flying, one can’t and two standby.

ThrustAssymComp
17th Feb 2022, 09:43
I heard one is flying, one can’t and two standby.

i see on flt radar, 1 for johanesburg vv, 1 for domestic flt like abuja, 1 in cairo (idk why)

RichardJones
4th Jun 2023, 15:50
So, what happened to Victor Egonu? Did he die of natural causes? I know him years ago and was shocked to learn of his passing. R.I.P.

PM me if you wish.

where ever what ever
23rd Jun 2023, 14:43
Well, still waiting for my final salary. It's only been a year.. My fault for working my notice period I guess

pfvspnf
30th Jun 2023, 23:25
Who is the big boss here now ? Expat not welcome on 777