View Full Version : Cheapest MCC in the UK????

BLUEBARON
25th Apr 2001, 06:12
Anyone know the cheapest place to get an MCC i don't care where/on what sim or even if it was a crap course. I just need the stupid thing to get a job!!

awaiting your comments..........

thanks.

Stick Flying
25th Apr 2001, 10:45
Thats the big MCC moneyspinner for you.

socrates
25th Apr 2001, 12:54
Try Malcomn Dean @ Multiflight. ~ Good value both financially and course wise; they also approach it with the right attitude (not saying othes don't) but the emphasis is on the crew-cordination part, not perfecting flying skills.

JB007
25th Apr 2001, 13:17
Ditto with Multiflight!

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

Honest Frank
25th Apr 2001, 15:37
Yep my vote goes to Multi flight-
Sure i've seen an advert for £1950 ?
And Malcolm Deane's a good bloke- knows his stuff and a good laugh to boot.

BLUEBARON
25th Apr 2001, 22:35
thabks guys, i've checked out the website seems pretty good. Only problem is i live at Gatwick so Leeds is a long way off.

Anyone got any views about 4forces?

thanks for your help.

A and C
26th Apr 2001, 03:34
Bad CRM is a thing that has come close to killing me once or twice ,please get a good education in the subject not just a bit of paper.

presbycusis
26th Apr 2001, 05:33
Sadly, I think a piece of paper is the way MCC is in danger of going, thanks to the way it was introduced. Please do your research before you take the course - there are sure to be plenty of places sprouting up that can give you a nice cheap certificate with little meaningful value.

Multiflight sounds good to me, and there are others around who will offer good training rather than "just make sure you turn up so we can give you the certificate".

BLUEBARON
26th Apr 2001, 16:55
Don't get me wrong the only reason i think it's a waste of time it that i have aready done a LOFT (line orientated Flight Training) course and CRM course before the MCC was introduced and now have to do it all over again. As such i just need the 'bit of paper'.

Also it's a good way to get 'up to speed' and prepare me for any sim check ride i may be given at interview.

thanks again for any advice.

BLUEBARON

Luke SkyToddler
26th Apr 2001, 21:09
London Guildhall are in your area and they allegedly offer 'price matching' on anyone else's MCC rates. It's kind of bogus price matching though, because they only put you on a wait list and see if they can't fill it up with people who will pay full price, and then at the last minute they'll call you back and let you on board for cheap if the course still isn't full.

Their normal course price is £2250 which is £300 more than either Multiflite or 4 Forces. However the Guildhall course lasts for 10 days with a full week of ground school, compared to the other's 7 or 8 day sessions. Not sure if that means you learn anything extra or not, I'm enrolled to do it myself shortly so it might be interesting to compare notes afterwards.

4 Forces have been recently advertising MCCs at £1950, only problem is that they're miles out in the country beyond Heathrow. I'm not sure about commuting from Gatwick, however I can categorically guarantee that it's a nightmare to get out there from anywhere central in London.

G-LOST
26th Apr 2001, 21:47
Multiflight. Did the MCC there 2 weeks ago. Instructors are excellent, very practical. No need to go elsewhere to do an extra few days on the groundschool, you learn in the sim from your mistakes, and those of your flying buddy. A real eye opener.

BLUEBARON
28th Apr 2001, 03:30
How much did multiflight charge, they are at bournemouth i believe.

i clicked the banner above but no prices on the website.

Joaquín
28th Apr 2001, 03:55
Bluebaron
Multiflight is in Leeds-Bradford and MCC is £1950.
I did my PPL/Night/IMC with them and I do recomend the school: good instructors and fairly new & very well maintained fleet.

www.multiflight.co.uk/training/mcc.html (http://www.multiflight.co.uk/training/mcc.html)

Oleo
28th Apr 2001, 17:30
Does 4 Forces still have the same chap "teaching" the ground school? I you have been there you will know who I mean.

BLUEBARON
29th Apr 2001, 02:42
Sorry i didn't mean Multiflight, who are the cahps down at bournemouth?