PDA

View Full Version : LHR T5 White 737

SpringHeeledJack
27th Jul 2020, 11:37
Whilst going through photos today, I came across a photo of the BA mx apron (the one behind the Green Man pub) and amongst the various 777,747 etc was an all white B737, either -300 or -400 variant. It reminded me that I'd seen it a few times in the pre-opening phase of T5 seemingly being used to test airbridges, taxiways etc etc. Does anyone remember it and know who it belonged to etc ? I'm guessing I saw it around an otherwise empty T5 between summer 2007 and spring 2008. Just need to scratch the curiosity itch!

nowhereasfiled
27th Jul 2020, 22:56
Could it have possibly been a 737 ex-LGW nearing the end of its life?

SpringHeeledJack
28th Jul 2020, 06:16
It could well have been, but as far as I could see there were no markings whatsoever, albino 737 :-) Perhaps it was used by engineering students, or some such after it's T5 duties. It remains a mystery and my itch is still itching.

Kiltrash
28th Jul 2020, 06:40
While I can't help, pop the itch onto the BA forum in Routes etc part of PPRuNe

DaveReidUK
28th Jul 2020, 16:41
Could it have possibly been a 737 ex-LGW nearing the end of its life?

While some of BA's 737s were sold, most went straight to the scrapyard. Either way, I'm not aware of any that were painted all-white at LHR.

There have been a few albino 737 visitors to LHR over the years, but they have been typically NGs with corporate owners.

The only all-white Classic that I've found a confirmed sighting of is former Braathens B735 LN-BRJ, which made a couple of brief visits on SAS services in November 2007 before being repainted in their livery a month or so later. So probably not that one.

I think we need to see the original photo, and if it can be accurately dated, even better. :O