PDA

View Full Version : Doubt about PBN exam

FoxtrotGolfFoxtrot
24th Jul 2020, 06:40
Gentlemen,

I hold a CPL-SEP-MEP-IR, and by the end of August I have to attend a PBN course and Exam by EASA law.
I was wandering should I attend my exam in ME aircraft or simulator due to the fact I have a MEP-IR or can I attend the exam in a SEP aircraft.
I tried to have a look to the EASA regulation but I was not able to find a clear answer to my question so I decided to post this question in this section of the forum where are people very expert.

I thank you a lot for the reply

Mustapha Cuppa
24th Jul 2020, 07:16
Which country issued your licence? I'm afraid that your location doesn't give much of a clue.

FoxtrotGolfFoxtrot
24th Jul 2020, 08:24
Hi Mustapha Cuppa my license is issued my ENAC that the Italian Aviation Authority.

Mustapha Cuppa
24th Jul 2020, 10:28
Understood.

Whilst this is not answering your specific question, a number of EASA NAAs have issued Exemptions which extends the PBN compliance date to 25 April 2021.

I have been unable to find anything on the ENAC website stating this but if you are able to confirm that ENAC is allowing extensions, that may buy you a bit of time to achieve compliance. I can quote the UK version but this is no good for other NAAs.

FoxtrotGolfFoxtrot
24th Jul 2020, 15:35
Thank you so much for spending your time answering me, I really appreciate that. I hope that an extension has been granted by ENAC too.
Have a great day!