PDA

View Full Version : Best place to look for 407 spares

Bell_ringer
21st Jul 2020, 14:34
Any pointers for where to look for low-skid gear (crossbars) and related fairings for a 407?
Sometimes the utility guys have some laying about.

BR

wrench1
21st Jul 2020, 20:01
Any pointers for where to look for low-skid gear (crossbars) and related fairings for a 407?
Sometimes the utility guys have some laying about. BR
New or used? Preferred country(s) of source?

Bell_ringer
22nd Jul 2020, 05:28
Preferably used, happy to ship from US, Europe etc.

hueyracer
22nd Jul 2020, 13:18
Have you tried Agrarflug-Helilift?

https://agrarflug-helilift.com/

wrench1
22nd Jul 2020, 14:04
Preferably used, happy to ship from US, Europe etc.
On the used market, it's my understanding few 407s came with short gear, so it's one of those things you need go look for. Try posting wanted ads in the more popular aviation-based sites like Controller, Barnstormers, and Trade-A-Plane in the US. Another place to try is 407 completion centers. I had looked for some for a client years ago, but after flying a 206 on low skids he stayed with the high gear.

On the new side, as far as I know, there's only one after market company that sells low 407 x-tubes, Aeronautical Accessories. However, they are now owned by Bell so I don't know how their pricing changed. I don't believe Dart offers a low gear on the 407.

AOGHELI
22nd Jul 2020, 19:06
I have a set I can Sell you please email [email protected]

Bell_ringer
23rd Jul 2020, 06:12
On the used market, it's my understanding few 407s came with short gear, so it's one of those things you need go look for. Try posting wanted ads in the more popular aviation-based sites like Controller, Barnstormers, and Trade-A-Plane in the US. Another place to try is 407 completion centers. I had looked for some for a client years ago, but after flying a 206 on low skids he stayed with the high gear.

On the new side, as far as I know, there's only one after market company that sells low 407 x-tubes, Aeronautical Accessories. However, they are now owned by Bell so I don't know how their pricing changed. I don't believe Dart offers a low gear on the 407.

We've got lucky before. Corporates like the low skid, fairing look. When aircraft change hands the utility guys tend to put them back onto high skids as they are more versatile, so if you're lucky you find someone with leftovers.
Thanks everyone for the pointers, Ken have mailed you.
:ok: