PDA

View Full Version : How can I get hired in China as flight instructor to accumulate flying hours

KKrising
20th Jul 2020, 23:52
Hello all,

I am a Korean and holding FAA CPL now and will be going to complete my Flight Instructor training and then will subscribe to instrumental training next, expected to complete all these training around Jan or Feb 2021. I am considering going to a flying school in China to be an flight instructor to accumulate flying hours if COVID-19 does not allow me to get hired as flight instructor in US. It would be grateful if anyone has any connection or advice on flying schools in China for this opportunity . I speak fluent English but not Chinese ,unfortunately. Thank you!

rudestuff
21st Jul 2020, 19:10
If you're talking about airplanes then none of that makes sense. If you have an FAA CPL, how have you got that without an IR? Sure it's possible to have a VFR only CPL, but 99.9% of people get their IR first. If you want to be an FAA CFI you must first hold a CPL and IR - so the order you plan to do things wouldn't be allowed.

tgo15
22nd Jul 2020, 21:12
Sorry for random post, i need some enlightenment. Here is my story, i left my chinese company last year. i have different issue here, so it happened that the small company that i used to worked before always caught the attention of caac, for every single thing my company did, caac always came & do check. and 2 years ago, after several incidents caused by local captains, caac decided to do simulator to all the captains, and failed 70% of us, bluntly say , i am one of the unlucky one. No matter what i did at that time for them is wrong & no, they dont even see us, no communication etc. feels like they’ve been choosing on purpose / randomly choosing who’s gonna be the target. someone who work in china must know perfectly how it feels & what im talking about.
So, cut the story. as the punishment, they dont let us fly, they let us fly as if we are passenger and we need to collect 200 hours (which takes forever to finish, because at the end i flew 1x a week for 2 legs only), then turned out that they put / consider the hours we did as FO hours not as captain hours (part of punishment & paid my salary as if im FO, company save money right!)
Last 2019 was a hard year for china aviation, i cant stand it anymore, so i applied to another company outside china & got accepted, so basically i left china before i finish my forever 200H & my last sim check to get back as captain in command.
My question is, do you guys think it’s still possible for me to Reapply again in China ? Does the hours they count as FO count? (To make it clear, i never flew as FO during those punishment time, basically i sat as a passanger but they put my hour as if im FO)
and if you are about to question me about what happen with the company i passed smoothly.. covid ruins everything. That’s the answer. And looks like somehow china still hiring pilots?

tgo15
23rd Jul 2020, 09:05
It is a joke, right?
but do you mean exactly if it’s a joke? I mean which part of it ? 😅 that happened.

CW247
23rd Jul 2020, 09:17
In China, anything is possible. At one of my companies, they demoted a Captain to FO (for 100 hours of flying) after a bad simulator performance as "punishment" (they love this punishment word for some reason). Somehow, making the guy fly as a FO from the wrong seat was going to improve his Left Seat skills! :{ Crazy sons of bitches! Chinese aviation is stupid and full of stupid people.

As for the person who opened this thread. Please forget about any idea of a brand new pilot and especially a foreigner becoming a FI in China. They did it in the past but only for very experienced FIs. But those days were over a long time ago. You will not get a job in China as an FI, not now, probably not ever.

tgo15
23rd Jul 2020, 20:29
In China, anything is possible. At one of my companies, they demoted a Captain to FO (for 100 hours of flying) after a bad simulator performance as "punishment" (they love this punishment word for some reason). Somehow, making the guy fly as a FO from the wrong seat was going to improve his Left Seat skills! :{ Crazy sons of bitches! Chinese aviation is stupid and full of stupid people.

As for the person who opened this thread. Please forget about any idea of a brand new pilot and especially a foreigner becoming a FI in China. They did it in the past but only for very experienced FIs. But those days were over a long time ago. You will not get a job in China as an FI, not now, probably not ever.

so, what happen to your friend after that ?