PDA

View Full Version : Last ERJ145 Family Delivered (Legacy)

AuroraAustralis
18th Jul 2020, 23:01
“Legacy”, the name that marked Embraer’s debut in the business aviation sector has come to an end. The Legacy 650 business jet had its last unit delivered about 10 days ago, ending a two-decade career. It was thanks to the transformation of the regional aircraft ERJ-135 that Embraer debuted in the business jet segment in 2002. Until then, the Brazilian planemaker had only flirted with this type of customer when launching the turboprop EMB-121 Xingu, which had few units produced.
Article from airway1, sorry I'm relatively new and not allowed to post URLs yet.
Bittersweet for the ERJ145 family. It was the plane that changed the company. As a passenger I have always enjoyed flying on them, many of my regional airline pilot friends also enjoy flying them a lot. Please note this doesn't include the E-jet family, (E175-195), as those are still well in production.
The ERJ145s also enjoy an impressive safety record. With 1200 built and 23 years in service, there has been been 8 hull losses with no fatalities; the only fatal-accident-free aircraft that has flown more hours is the Airbus A319 (with 1500 built, in service for 25 years, 1 hull loss, with 0 fatalities)
I will enjoy flying on these ERJs in the years to come before they are retired, especially as a short person. I especially like the single seat row as a passenger.