PDA

View Full Version : DXB to PER 1st of July.

SOPS
14th Jul 2020, 04:16
Anyone here operate that flight? There are now 11 people in Perth with Covid that came in on that flight. Just for you info.

Capn Rex Havoc
14th Jul 2020, 05:30
Sops- Where did you get that stat from?

SOPS
14th Jul 2020, 05:38
From Roger Cook ( WA Health Minister) daily press conference this morning.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/masks-and-two-tests-for-victorian-arrivals-as-wa-doubles-down-on-covid-19-controls-20200714-p55bvy.html.

it refers to it in this article if you read it through.

uplock
14th Jul 2020, 06:14
Emirates Introduced the First Case of COVID into AKL New Zealand towards the end of Feb 2020
Emirates June 20 Dubai to Hong Kong 26 Passengers test positive for COVID on arrival Hong Kong making world news largest ever mass introduction on an aircraft
Emirates Dubai to Perth July 1st EK 420 11 pax test positive for COVID (update July 14 watoday.com.au)

https://i.ibb.co/SRg9Kvp/1.png (https://ibb.co/HnykrgQ)
free image hosting (https://imgbb.com/)

Fuel-Off
14th Jul 2020, 12:56
SOPS, the crew were notified by Fleet and ordered 2 weeks home quarantine (paid company days off).

Fuel-Off :ok:

White Knight
14th Jul 2020, 13:04
I would imagine ALL airlines have had viral pax. Pointless singling out this one flight:rolleyes:

macdo
14th Jul 2020, 13:27
Yes they almost certainly did, but it is fascinating to anecdotally note from ongoing press reports that so many of the original cases and now the subsequent spikes have originated from the ME states and/or their airlines. Had it been possible (I admit it was not) to isolate the hub and spoke operations of the 3 main ME carriers, I wonder how much less transmission of the virus there might have been? I suspect that world leaders in any future pandemic will act to block these routes of transmission at lot faster.

SOPS
14th Jul 2020, 14:18
SOPS, the crew were notified by Fleet and ordered 2 weeks home quarantine (paid company days off).

Fuel-Off :ok:
Thanks for that. 👍

White Knight
14th Jul 2020, 14:38
Had it been possible (I admit it was not) to isolate the hub and spoke operations of the 3 main ME carriers, I wonder how much less transmission of the virus there might have been? I suspect that world leaders in any future pandemic will act to block these routes of transmission at lot faster.

Fair point. But the very nature of viruses and the incubation periods of new strains make that almost impossible. Even in the future. This I feel is a virus we have to learn to live alongside as a vaccine could be a long long way away; but people still have to get on with their lives.

aviation_enthus
14th Jul 2020, 18:15
Yes they almost certainly did, but it is fascinating to anecdotally note from ongoing press reports that so many of the original cases and now the subsequent spikes have originated from the ME states and/or their airlines. Had it been possible (I admit it was not) to isolate the hub and spoke operations of the 3 main ME carriers, I wonder how much less transmission of the virus there might have been? I suspect that world leaders in any future pandemic will act to block these routes of transmission at lot faster.

Annnnnddddd then it will just come in via another direction. They restricted arrivals from China, then Italy took off. When they finally restricted arrivals from Europe, cases were arriving from the USA.

Unless they closed to all arrivals at the same time, singling out the ME3 is unlikely to save Australia (or anyone for that matter).

givemewings
15th Jul 2020, 14:50
It's interesting to note that some scientists created an open source map of the various Covid19 strains.

Some appeared to be more transmissible than others. Would be interesting to see which strain was active in the Gulf and whether the community transmissions we're getting now in VIC show that strain rather than the one previously in Aus

Next Strain (https://nextstrain.org/ncov/global)

SOPS
15th Jul 2020, 17:21
The cases from that flight have almost doubled in 24 hours. Up to 21 now.

Joker11
15th Jul 2020, 21:59
Not surprised. I had 90 Pax on my repatriation flight and they packed us like sardines into the front of the 777 Y cabin. And because of the health declaration we weren't allowed to reseat.

Thanks EK check-in!

Arewegettingjets
16th Jul 2020, 04:15

SOPS, you can check who the crew were on the portal.

SOPS
16th Jul 2020, 04:55
Um .. don’t think I could get access 😀😀👍

halas
16th Jul 2020, 06:31
Nearly as bad the Al Kuwait or the Artania (or remnants of Ruby Princess in WA) for numbers?

SOPS
16th Jul 2020, 06:34
There two more today, Halas. So the numbers continue to grow.

uplock
16th Jul 2020, 07:51
So that makes what 23 from initial 6 on July 01st and 15 - 16 days later making the company self quarantine period of 14 days irrelevant

donpizmeov
16th Jul 2020, 11:15

I know the population of the wild west is small, but what percentage would this group of 21 make? I wonder how many of the same population were diagnosed with cancer in the same time period?

It's only Australian citizens that are allowed back into fortress Australia now isn't it? So I guess sending them to Christmas Island or Ashmore Reef isn't an option. Well as long as the Western Australian doesn't print it on page 1 you might get away with it.

SOPS
16th Jul 2020, 11:44
Thing is Don, if I get diagnosed with cancer.. I’m not going to give it to anyone else. People have been sent to Rottnest Island. And until recently .. the Duxton. I believe this lot are at the Westin.

White Knight
16th Jul 2020, 18:27
if I get diagnosed with cancer.. I’m not going to give it to anyone else.

True. But I don't recall lockdowns and stuffing up economies over HIV; which of course you can pass to someone else!

Here's a tidbit from the WHO: The drop in HIV-related mortality is especially evident in the regions with the greatest burden of HIV infection, including the WHO African Region, home to over 61% of people dying from HIV-related causes in 2018. An estimated 470 000 [340 000−630 000] people died in the African Region from HIV-related causes in 2018, which indicates that mortality has dropped by almost 40% since 2010.

In other words, In Africa alone nearly half a million people died from HIV in one year, and that's a reduction. We're getting in a fluff now about Covid19 that by my estimate (depending on my mathematics) has only infected 0.0022% of the entire world population and killed 0.000083% of it?

A320LGW
16th Jul 2020, 23:39
I think the difference is HIV is transmitted if you get jiggy with someone else that has it. Most people don't get it on with everyone they walk past on the street or sit in an aircraft cabin with, so the transmission rate is negligible, certainly in terms of discussing COVID.

White Knight
17th Jul 2020, 02:28
That's true; but the fact that it killed so many people in Africa alone and no one seems to give a rat's a*** compared to the social media and news storm regarding Covid makes me question these blanket lockdowns!

uplock
17th Jul 2020, 03:53
I know the population of the wild west is small, but what percentage would this group of 21 make? I wonder how many of the same population were diagnosed with cancer in the same time period?

Don load factor less than 30% on EK 420 with 25% of pax now test positive for COVID.
SOPs is making a valid point
So much for pre - testing and travelling is A-OK on Planes because of Air Filtering and spacing

Config for that day was 8/42/304 = 354 seats
Booked 3/14/74 + 4 infants = 95 pax

Joker11
17th Jul 2020, 05:54
As I said above. I flew to EDDF on my repatriation flight. We were 95 Y class pax. All seated together in the front. I wasn't allowed to switch seats cause of the health declaration. So clearly check-in aren't doing their job. Also if people got infected on board the masks aren't helping either!!!

nitro rig driver
17th Jul 2020, 06:11
What about the QR and GA flts around the same time,
did the count go up with them to or just EK. Says a lot if only 1 EK flt has had positive pax but QR have had many no ??...The increasing numbers might not have from on the flt but afterwards of course-bad hotel ventilation,breaking the bubble, transportation not clean-could be many sources..

White Knight
17th Jul 2020, 14:25
We were 95 Y class pax. All seated together in the front.

For the trim? Maybe? Don't know much about the 777 tbh.

I wasn't allowed to switch seats cause of the health declaration

That policy I believe has just changed but I guess was a hard requirement at the time of your flight... Maybe from the government health authorities??

Joker11
17th Jul 2020, 17:45
Oh yes it was due to government regulations.

Still EK checkin could of done a better job to distribute us.

White Knight
17th Jul 2020, 18:56
Which is why I mentioned the trim!!!!! As I said, I've next to no knowledge of W&B of a 777...

Joker11
17th Jul 2020, 21:12
My reply got cut. Trim on the 777 isn't an issue.

SOPS
18th Jul 2020, 04:11
One more case from the flight today. 14 days in isolation may not be enough it seems.

compressor stall
18th Jul 2020, 04:36
Possibly, Or they caught it in Quarantine through air-conditioning or other common contact.

EchoKilla
18th Jul 2020, 04:48
are you getting the info from WA news? What’s the link you seeing the news from / interesting stuff

One more case from the flight today. 14 days in isolation may not be enough it seems.

SOPS
18th Jul 2020, 06:04
Perthnow or WAToday and ABC radio news.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/

whatsyourbeef
18th Jul 2020, 11:36
Possibly, Or they caught it in Quarantine through air-conditioning or other common contact.

Like ******* the hotel “guards”? :E

Arewegettingjets
19th Jul 2020, 05:10
Um .. don’t think I could get access 😀😀👍

You no longer work at EK?

Why all the hate?

I don’t mean that in an aggressive way. Just want to know why/what they did to upset you.

EchoKilla
19th Jul 2020, 05:41
There’s a seperate thread for that.....

Arewegettingjets
19th Jul 2020, 09:40
Seperate thread for what?

5star
19th Jul 2020, 14:29
You no longer work at EK?

Why all the hate?

I don’t mean that in an aggressive way. Just want to know why/what they did to upset you.

He dude you must be joking.... How many years have you been around...
Most things that cause upset to peoples lives in EK are not on the portal nor in the weekly newsletter nor in the pravda safar magazine.

Just watch your back bro. You might be next....

SirTimAlRedha
19th Jul 2020, 17:33
Arewegettingjets, what is your problem bro? I will speak to my mate Al about you.... You spend too much time at second floor, not productive enough bro...

Arewegettingjets
20th Jul 2020, 02:16
No problems here “bro” but thanks for asking homie...

Just asking why he’s upset. No need to sweep in and answer for him.