PDA

View Full Version : Conversions

ashwin
9th Mar 2001, 07:28
Hey everyone, ok I know this topic comes on a lot, but I haven't seen anything new, so my question is , I'm an FAA certified 400 hr pilot, studying Aviation mnagement in Canada. So how or what should I do? convert to the canadian , or try and see if i can convert to something like Jaa?? is it easier if I have a Canadian? if so how much more?
and if i do, what is the market looking like right now for a 23 year old guy like me? oh and I graduate really soon. plus I have 110 multi. mmmmmmm any suggestions please let me know,
thanx

mutt
9th Mar 2001, 08:51
You havent seen anything new because there isnt anything new. At this time there is no conversion procedure available to low time licence holders.

Have a look over in R&N for a very interesting debate discussing the pros and cons of this restriction.

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/012783.html

ashwin
9th Mar 2001, 21:37
ok thats crazy, I'm getting sick of this now I think.mmmmmm well I'm the same loony tune that went to the U.S. and got screwed by that flight school there and I ended up overstaying cause they filed for bancrupcy and closed after trying to change my status to be able to flight instruct, when they "Promised they would". SO the deal is I'm an Indian citizen, and spent almost 100k $ on my education so far, and whats at the end, nothing??? no hope??? just cause i got screwed over??? bad luck??? I don't know anymore, its what I always wanted to do, but I ned some advice as to who can get me flying again, I'm at the end and scraping the barrel now.I'm in Canada now, so where in the world should I be looking???? and who will accept American licenses, cause I just don't have the money to convert. Any ideas please let me know
thanx
ashwin