PDA

View Full Version : QF pulls the plug on international flights to March 2021

MelbourneFlyer
9th Jul 2020, 23:38
Apart from New Zealand, all QFi flights have been yanked from the QF website through to March 28, only partners like EK, CX etc showing, actual QF flights show as 'N/A'.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/qantas-cancels-overseas-flights-to-march-2021

ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
9th Jul 2020, 23:51
It’s really a stab in the dark. Unless Alan has the inside word on when the Vaccine will be available, he really doesn’t have any more idea than you or I.

MickG0105
10th Jul 2020, 02:07
It’s really a stab in the dark. Unless Alan has the inside word on when the Vaccine will be available, he really doesn’t have any more idea than you or I.
As pointed out in the article,

March 28 marks the cut-over to the Northern Summer 2021 airline schedule period as defined by the International Air Transport Association.

They've just picked a there-or-thereabouts point related to the scheduling process. It'll be as much to minimise churn on re-bookings and cancellations as anything else.

White Knight
10th Jul 2020, 02:17
when the Vaccine will be available

And that vaccine still may not happen... What happens then with Oz?

maggot
10th Jul 2020, 02:20
Yet another BNEA320 thread

Lapon
10th Jul 2020, 02:32

Nothing. We continue as we are, at least until some sort of reasonably effective treatment comes along that makes the virus less contagious or deadly would be my guess (if a vaccine cannot be found).

ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
10th Jul 2020, 02:46

around 150 vaccine candidates worldwide, with the Oxford Vaccine appearing to be the front runner, with a supply chain ready to produce billions of doses.

Still not guaranteed success but there is cause for optimism

Stickshift3000
10th Jul 2020, 03:03

A vaccine for COVID may certainly never eventuate.

However, it's likely that a few therapeutics will be found that can save lives, allowing the world to return to how it was. There are many promising late-stage trials of stem cell therapies that reverse damage from COVID-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome (this is the killer). These are far more advanced than any vaccine candidates.

ANstar
10th Jul 2020, 03:12
Essentially it is just pulling flights from the NW20 scheduling season.

DooblerChina
10th Jul 2020, 07:06
One day the people down under will realise there’s no beating the virus. You can stay segregated from the outside world forever and cost yourselves millions of jobs or just let it rip like it has in Europe. It sounds like the most horrific option until you realise the number of those sadly deceased is no more than a bad flu year.

Here in the U.K. we have had 7 worse years in the past 30, naughty Sweden who didn’t really lockdown 24 worse years in the past 30. One day all this will be studied in lecture theatres under the title “the great over-reaction.”

directimped
10th Jul 2020, 07:15
One day the people down under

Here in the U.K. ”
We're not the UK. we don't want to be the UK. Thanks for your input.

SOPS
10th Jul 2020, 07:21
One day the people down under will realise there’s no beating the virus. You can stay segregated from the outside world forever and cost yourselves millions of jobs or just let it rip like it has in Europe. It sounds like the most horrific option until you realise the number of those sadly deceased is no more than a bad flu year.

Here in the U.K. we have had 7 worse years in the past 30, naughty Sweden who didn’t really lockdown 24 worse years in the past 30. One day all this will be studied in lecture theatres under the title “the great over-reaction.”

Please stay in the UK and ‘let it rip’. We will stay down here.. along way from the UK.

normanton
10th Jul 2020, 08:19
Well it’s ripping through Melbourne, and probably NSW soon too.

Disaster...

MelbourneFlyer
10th Jul 2020, 08:23

Delusional. This will not cost Australia "millions of jobs", nowhere near that, but it we don't get this under control it WILL cost us many thousands of lives. Jobs lost can come back. Lives lost cannot. New jobs can be found. New parents, siblings, children, aunts and uncles, friends and colleagues cannot. I think if you began to lose people close to you due to COVID-19, and you saw their suffering, or if you caught it and survived but with the lifelong illnesses that affect many survivors, you would change your tune. I hope that doesn't happen, for your sake.

Green.Dot
10th Jul 2020, 09:27
Delusional. This will not cost Australia "millions of jobs", nowhere near that, but it we don't get this under control it WILL cost us many thousands of lives. Jobs lost can come back. Lives lost cannot. New jobs can be found. New parents, siblings, children, aunts and uncles, friends and colleagues cannot. I think if you began to lose people close to you due to COVID-19, and you saw their suffering, or if you caught it and survived but with the lifelong illnesses that affect many survivors, you would change your tune. I hope that doesn't happen, for your sake.

It already is “letting rip”. We had one chance to stop this. We almost did, when society didn’t know the mortality rate and people were scared of dying. Now when there are 288 cases recorded a day and climbing, the average Joe and 19 of his mates think it is still ok to order a bucket of KFC and have a house party at 130am. I.e. we have next to no chance of containing it second time round.

Dan Andrews has messed up, BIG time. Name me any leader, in the history of Australia, that has made an f-up even close to the same magnitude as this that threatens the entire future of our nation?

If anybody can I will shut up.

ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
10th Jul 2020, 09:28

Here in the UK. Lol

As for ‘we’ve had 7 worse years’ check ya calendar, it’s only July son.

But when ya boys at Oxford come up with that Vaccine we’ll take some please!

dr dre
10th Jul 2020, 09:59
Dan Andrew has messed up, BIG time. Name me any leader, in the history of Australia, that has made an f-up even close to the same magnitude as this that threatens the entire future of our nation?

Gladys Berejiklian for letting the plague ship disembark in March and putting the virus in Australia in the first place. Or defunding NSW RFS and NSW Parks and Wildlife in the lead up to our worst predicted bushfire season. Or JBP and his police state of corruption. Or Colin Barnett in WA who squandered a once in a generation mining boom and suffered the biggest swing against him in Australian electoral history. Or Barry O’Farrell who had to resign for lying to the ICAC. There’s plenty to choose from and I’ve barely gone back in history.

Interestingly though I notice how the exact same people who were rabidly attacking Palaszczuk in Qld for “destroying the Queensland economy” by keeping the border closed have pretty much shut up without apologising and moved on to attacking Dan A.

Except Karl Stefanovic:

'Grovelling': Karl Stefanovic's apology to Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk over 'illogical' coronavirus restriction (https://au.news.yahoo.com/grovelling-karl-stefanovics-apology-to-queensland-premier-233606005.html)

Green.Dot
10th Jul 2020, 10:21
You didn’t read my question properly. I said “that threatens the entire future of our nation”. Ruby Princess could have but didn’t- the number of active COVID cases a month ago in NSW proves this. Not good but contained. And the virus was already here.

Whilst bushfires and all that are tragic (and I agree will possibly get worse) they and the other examples do not threaten the entire nation like this virus outbreak.

Next batter up...

dr dre
10th Jul 2020, 10:28
You didn’t read my question properly. I said “that threatens the entire future of our nation”.

You think this spike will “threaten the future of the entire nation”?

I dunno, countries in Europe had far worse spikes in March but 4 months later are returning to normal. Their future wasn’t threatened. I would say the future would be threatened if they did nothing about it but they haven’t, they’d re-implemented containment measures for a period of time. Australia won’t dissolve over this spike. I reckon 4-6 weeks of extra containment.

Now “threatening the future of the nation” would be responding like the US or Brazil have, totally ignoring it and then responding in a half assed way after bodies were lining up at hospitals.

krismiler
10th Jul 2020, 10:48
Being allowed to resume international flying and being able to make a profit from it may be very well separated dates. Some hub airlines will likely be profitable first as they offer multiple destination options from each Australian city they fly to, where as QF and Virgin only really offer city pairs.

At least QF are in a better position than Emirates, as they have B787s and A330s to replace the A380 and B747 with.

Come in spinner
10th Jul 2020, 12:12
No need to ask pilots for financial advice anymore because they are now all experts in virus control

WhatShortage
10th Jul 2020, 12:59
Nothing. We continue as we are, at least until some sort of reasonably effective treatment comes along that makes the virus less contagious or deadly would be my guess (if a vaccine cannot be found).
Deadly you means as for the 0.000053% world population that has died? Gonna be difficult

Radgirl
10th Jul 2020, 13:02
A vaccine for COVID may certainly never eventuate.

However, it's likely that a few therapeutics will be found that can save lives, allowing the world to return to how it was. There are many promising late-stage trials of stem cell therapies that reverse damage from COVID-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome (this is the killer). These are far more advanced than any vaccine candidates.

I would love a PM with details of these advanced trials StickShift3000. Stem cells are very sexy. The commonest phrase in published medical papers for a decade. The number of internationally approved stem cell treatments? Nil.

I await details with an open mind but until then I am skeptical. Antibody infusions seem to help but dont prevent hospital admission. Vaccines are highly likely to work given the wide range of methods in over 220 trials. We have vaccines with a known safe dose in P2 studies which do produce antibodies. That is close. The question is when.....

BA_Baracas
10th Jul 2020, 17:49
We're not the UK. we don't want to be the UK. Thanks for your input.

😂

What a classic “Aussie” answer.

jvr
10th Jul 2020, 21:27
the median age for a covid19 death in sweden is 86 years
i bet that is higher than the average life expectancy in australia.
in fact fewer people are dying in sweden right now than is the average over the same period over the last five years.

ScepticalOptomist
10th Jul 2020, 22:45

Exactly. We are a nation of scared little kids that think we know best.

We’re going to learn to live with it - one way or another. Isolating from the rest of the world is a short term band aid at best.

ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
10th Jul 2020, 23:06

We’re going to learn to live with it - one way or another. Isolating from the rest of the world is a short term band aid at best.

we’re now entering our 5th month of international borders being closed with vaccine development & distribution perhaps being 6-12 months away.

It doesn’t seem that unrealistic to keep our border closed for that time.

If none of the 150 Vaccine candidates work, then we’ll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it, but I’m optimistic (based on reports out of Oxford) that it will.

dragon man
11th Jul 2020, 00:39

I agree wholeheartedly, this will go down in history as the greatest ever failure of public policy. It’s not going to be stopped, as the US General said in Vietnam we have to burn the village to save it.

SHVC
11th Jul 2020, 00:48
There is a new drug called Remdesivir still in the testing phase just been approved in Australia for use, although not a cure but showing signs of increasing recovery times in severe cases of COVID-19. I have only found info on a trial currently undertaken by a German company called CureVac that is testing a possible vaccine, their trial will last up to 15 months which started early June which looks promising but won’t be available until late 2121 if successful.

Return to normality Internationally solely relies on a Vaccine as country’s have worked hard to slow it down. I couldn’t see any country allowing US or Chinese tourist in otherwise.

Caged
11th Jul 2020, 02:04

Your thoughts seem akin to Boris Johnson's...initially treating it as a harmless cold, allowing it to spread fervently into every corner of the country, followed by a shambles of a lockdown; then a sudden change of heart last week to, our economy is weakening, get everyone back to work asap...doesn't matter who dies along the way.

Variable Incidence
11th Jul 2020, 02:19
Reported in The Australian today, from the newly appointed head of the WHO Coronavirus inquiry:

“I’m told from Geneva that the most optimistic scenario for a widely available vaccine would be at least two and a half years,” former New Zealand prime minister Helen Clark has told Nine Newspapers”

She he goes on to say that: “And even then we don’t know how efficacious it would be – it may not stop us getting it, it may simply mitigate the impact of getting it.”

Not that I’d have much faith in anything the WHO has said or done, regarding this monumental clusters$&* that China has kindly given us all! Did I say F$&* China too?! Should have!

SOPS
11th Jul 2020, 03:09
Reported in The Australian today, from the newly appointed head of the WHO Coronavirus inquiry:

“I’m told from Geneva that the most optimistic scenario for a widely available vaccine would be at least two and a half years,” former New Zealand prime minister Helen Clark has told Nine Newspapers”

She he goes on to say that: “And even then we don’t know how efficacious it would be – it may not stop us getting it, it may simply mitigate the impact of getting it.”

Not that I’d have much faith in anything the WHO has said or done, regarding this monumental clusters$&* that China has kindly given us all! Did I say F$&* China too?! Should have!

Just after this all started, I started a thread called ‘ Is the WHO fit for purpose?’. This was after they were refusing to call it a pandemic. Some people were laughing at me then. I would like to know now what most people think of the WHO?.

normanton
11th Jul 2020, 03:43
Just after this all started, I started a thread called ‘ Is the WHO fit for purpose?’. This was after they were refusing to call it a pandemic. Some people were laughing at me then. I would like to know now what most people think of the WHO?.
Let me say this straight up. Trump is an idiot.

But walking away from the WHO after this royal cluster **** up is the smartest thing he has done. They are just as guilty as China.

Xeptu
11th Jul 2020, 03:47
Just out of interest, to all the supporters of the just let it rip campaign, how do you think you'll go in a 8,000 ft cabin for a couple of hours as a recovered person.

Bodie1
11th Jul 2020, 03:57

Research the Director General's background, who was instrumental in his appointment and who's puppet he is. It's not only the WHO, it's the UN as a whole. Corrupt, dysfunctional and given the circumstances surrounding the declaration of the pandemic probably criminal as well.

Bodie1
11th Jul 2020, 04:03
Just out of interest, to all the supporters of the just let it rip campaign, how do you think you'll go in a 8,000 ft cabin for a couple of hours as a recovered person.

Depends on a whole lot of things doesn't it. Were you healthy prior with no pre-existing conditions? Have you any pre-existing conditions, particularly cardio vascular? Probably the best advice to take prior to boarding an aircraft would be from a medical professional experienced in these things, you know, use evidence based advice.

Of course anyone advocating an evidence based approach to 'living with' the virus and getting on with life is a 'let it ripper'

Turnleft080
11th Jul 2020, 04:09

Better than a pack a day smoker.

Xeptu
11th Jul 2020, 04:14
That question is intended for tech crew, so pre-existing cardio vascular conditions wouldn't be one of them.

Bodie1
11th Jul 2020, 05:00
I've got a pre-existing cardio vascular condition and hold a Class 1 Medical.

Xeptu
11th Jul 2020, 05:11
Are you required to do the cardio stress test each renewal

blow.n.gasket
11th Jul 2020, 06:09
Maybe Management should be required to do a Stress ECG each year too !
That would soon reveal which of them actually have a heart !

Bodie1
11th Jul 2020, 07:21
Are you required to do the cardio stress test each renewal

Yes, I'm on audit. Normal ECG as well as the Stress ECG. As well as a few other tests.

DanV2
11th Jul 2020, 07:30
Yet another BNEA320 thread

Speaking of BNEA320/TT738, he's posting over at the Executive Traveller website under the two accounts of "regular flyer" and "skier" arguing for the borders to open, including Victoria. He's getting a pasting over there regardless of whatever alias he posts on.

BNEA320
11th Jul 2020, 07:51
Speaking of BNEA320/TT738, he's posting over at the Executive Traveller website under the two accounts of "regular flyer" and "skier" arguing for the borders to open, including Victoria. He's getting a pasting over there regardless of whatever alias he posts on.had a quick look at ET. Regular flyer is hardly getting a pasting. Many agree with him/her, that there has been one very big govt stuff up re corona

dr dre
11th Jul 2020, 09:53
To sort of bring this thread back toward its intended topic, it does seem that there is an expectation of little international flying til March 2021 into Australia.

Maybe because this co-incides with northern winter and flu season? If there is going to be a second wave across the northern hemisphere in their next winter it would be known about by March 21. Judging on the reappearance (or not) of the pandemic in the north will give Australia an indication of when to begin winding back restrictions here?

SDN Superstar
11th Jul 2020, 09:56
Unless the media let us accept a world with COVID as normal we won’t be travelling overseas anytime soon...

No Idea Either
11th Jul 2020, 11:05
Just heard Britain is looking at setting up a seperate COVID Rehabilitation Centers due to the number of ‘recovered’ people still suffering all sorts of problems. We don’t see these people in the statistics..........

Xeptu
11th Jul 2020, 12:58
On topic, The greater majority don't want to open the borders and even if they did, no-one over 50 will take the risk of becoming sick in a foreign country and face the possibility of being stuck there for months at their own expense. (uninsurable). The second quarter of 2021 is optimistic but a good starting point. Personally I think it will be much longer before confidence is restored and right now we haven't even started, the pandemic itself is only getting started globally. We in Australia are fortunate and naturally impatient simply because few of us have been touched by it yet. For me personally I don't even know anyone close to me that has been infected let alone died. So it's quite understandable our young people think the way they do.

Buster Hyman
11th Jul 2020, 15:02
I would like to know now what most people think of the WHO?.
Not a big fan, but I don't mind Baba O'Riley.

Asturias56
11th Jul 2020, 16:20
we're now about 4 months into the pandemic - in another 4 months people will be screaming to get in and out of Australia - traffic is already picking up elsewhere

Deltasierra010
11th Jul 2020, 16:29
Your big problem mate is that you have no immunity within the population, in the U.K. large numbers have been exposed mostly without symptoms. Don’t be optimistic of avoiding an epidemic.

Sunfish
11th Jul 2020, 17:02
The borders are closed not to keep people in, but to keep people out. The pandemic is still gathering steam in India and Indonesia and unless you want ten million or more rich Asians, with or without the virus, joining us in lifeboat Australia the borders need to be kept closed.

Too many people have short attention spans. This thing is still a slowly growing long term catastrophe. We can’t see even “the end of the beginning “ yet. If no vaccine is available, we will need to restructure our travel arrangements to what they were more than a hundred years ago. Remember the quarantine stations at Point Nepean in Victoria? Was it North Head in Sydney? Little yellow health passports? You can forget mass international travel.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
12th Jul 2020, 02:13
"BREAKING NEWS - Boatload of VICTORIANS intercepted off INDONESIAN COASTLINE"

(The devil made me do it......)

Section28- BE
12th Jul 2020, 02:55
"BREAKING NEWS - Boatload of VICTORIANS intercepted off INDONESIAN COASTLINE"

(The devil made me do it......)

Nar reckon- 'it' IS on 'Griffo', link here: https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/nsw-water-rats-intercept-another-boatload-of-victorians-on-ashmore-reef/

rgds
S28- BE

Anti Skid On
12th Jul 2020, 05:36
Deadly you means as for the 0.000053% world population that has died? Gonna be difficult

And why has that figure noted as 0.000053% of the global population? What would it be WITHOUT the restrictions that have been in place? Have all countries been diligent in producing accurate totals? Many countries figures are comical. For months the UK was only recording the numbers who died in hospital, not in the community. Are the figuresfrom Iran, the US, China, Mexico, Brazil, even close to the true picture.

The annual flu is PREVENTABLE, COVID isn't.

Anti Skid On
12th Jul 2020, 05:44
Your big problem mate is that you have no immunity within the population, in the U.K. large numbers have been exposed mostly without symptoms. Don’t be optimistic of avoiding an epidemic.
Did Boris tell you that? Herd immunity may never occur for COVID. The UK approach of let it rip is the reason you had 1000 dead per day for nearly a month. In fact, the Celtic nations that followed their own experts have done so much better than stupid little England

Bodie1
12th Jul 2020, 05:50
The annual flu is PREVENTABLE

I don't think so Tim.

Chris2303
12th Jul 2020, 07:46
I don't think so Tim.

I get a flu shot every year and since I have been getting it (5 years) I haven't had the flu

Boe787
12th Jul 2020, 07:52
No medical travel insurance....no sane person will travel os,
Saw a report of a woman in New York....3 weeks icu, 470,000 usd hospital bill

Stick Flying
12th Jul 2020, 08:08
I get a flu shot every year and since I have been getting it (5 years) I haven't had the flu

I've had the flu shot once in my entire lifetime and I don't get the flu (as is the case with not having contracted Covid either). If you look at care home statistics, there is a large proportion of residents that die from the flu EVERY year and they routinely vaccinate for the flu. I'm afraid to say getting the flu is definitely not PREVENTABLE. Coronavirus has similarities to the influenza virus. A vaccine (if it does actually become available) is never going to be the Golden ticket out of this mire. Attitudes are going to have to evolve (just as the human immune system evolves) or we could find some nations locked down forever more. Elimination of Covid is a futile and costly road if thats the only view on your horizon.

Bodie1
12th Jul 2020, 08:13

I don't get a flu shot every year and I haven't had the flu for the last 5 years.

ruprecht
12th Jul 2020, 08:15
I bet you don’t get attacked by tigers either. :p

Bodie1
12th Jul 2020, 08:22
I bet you don’t get attacked by tigers either.

If you hold a banana in your ear you won't get attacked by tigers.

Turnleft080
12th Jul 2020, 08:32

I haven't had the flu for the last 30 years without a jab. If I do get any symptom of a flu virus, I deliver a knock out blow by nuking
the virus with a server overdose of garlic, onion, ginger. Next day I'm fine. Just the way my doctor told me.
Unfortunately my doctor is no longer with me. He passed away in 370BC. Best doctor in the world. Dr Hippocrates lived a very
healthy life for 90 years. Not bad for back then. He said to me "may food be your medicine, may medicine be your food.
You only die of disease if you invent it. Your body is innate, it adapts."

Adambrau
12th Jul 2020, 12:31
No medical travel insurance....no sane person will travel os,
Saw a report of a woman in New York....3 weeks icu, 470,000 usd hospital bill

Hospital bills are often grossly inflated in the USA. If you don't have insurance you can pay cash and get over 50%+ discounts.

There are so many exceptions to closed borders. Dual Citizens, Permanent Residents, Essential Travel.

At JFK tonight, we (AF) are operating 2 passenger flights to CDG, Borders closed both sides and while I can't disclose LF there are many people traveling. The stories of why they are traveling is somewhat heartbreaking so I would disagree with you that sane people are not traveling. By September we will have 3x daily JFK to Paris. We fly pax to Europe, ME, Africa, and China sometimes with help of Chinese partners. Many people have been stuck for months in a foreign country. Very few flights options.

SOPS
12th Jul 2020, 13:03
Hospital bills are often grossly inflated in the USA. If you don't have insurance you can pay cash and get over 50%+ discounts.

There are so many exceptions to closed borders. Dual Citizens, Permanent Residents, Essential Travel.

At JFK tonight, we (AF) are operating 2 passenger flights to CDG, Borders closed both sides and while I can't disclose LF there are many people traveling. The stories of why they are traveling is somewhat heartbreaking so I would disagree with you that sane people are not traveling. By September we will have 3x daily JFK to Paris. We fly pax to Europe, ME, Africa, and China sometimes with help of Chinese partners. Many people have been stuck for months in a foreign country. Very few flights options.

50 percent discount on $460000 US. For cash. Sounds like a bargain!!!

Get a grip.. most people don’t need to, don’t want to, are to scared to travel.

Una Due Tfc
12th Jul 2020, 15:18

Studies have shown only those who get a severe dose of the virus develop antibodies, so those asymptomatic people in the UK have no immunity, and those who do develop antibodies only seem to have them for approx 3 months after infection, so they can get it again after that. With the long term damage this virus can do to your lungs, second time round things might be much worse. I know a lady in her 70s who got it in March, was in hospital for 6 weeks, recovered, was back home for 6 weeks, then either got it again or relapsed, back into a hospital for a few weeks, has since recovered again and is home. We really don’t understand this thing yet. New data is showing neurological damage in some people after COVID.

As for the flu jab, most years it is ball park 70% effective, ie there’s a 70% chance it will fight off any flu you pick up, so a COVID vaccine may not be the panacea everyone hopes for.

And yeah, don’t follow the English model, their deluded notions of exceptionalism have been badly exposed here, only Bolsonaro, Sweden and the Orange Turd have handled it worse.

Chris2303
12th Jul 2020, 21:53
I bet you don’t get attacked by tigers either. :p

Since there aren't any in NZ.....

No Idea Either
12th Jul 2020, 23:21
ICU in oz is the highest standard care in the world. Costs about $5K per day, that’s about 3.5K USD, that’s about 70K USD for three weeks. Half a mill is just gouging....typical. They should give an 85% discount for cash for ‘worlds best practice.’

harrryw
13th Jul 2020, 02:56
They have not been seen in New Zealand since they started adding garlic to their roast hogget. It has had the same effect on vampires there too.

Bodie1
13th Jul 2020, 07:41

Proof that a banana in the ear works. Since I'm not allowed to carry bananas across state or country borders, a local supply must be sought. The time from the airport to a local supplier can be somewhat anxious.

Guptar
13th Jul 2020, 09:47
Heared on the wireless today that they estimate that 67% of New Yorkers have COVID anti-bodies in their system. The virus rate is plumeting in NYC so they seem to have achieved herd immunity.

The virus is here now and will be with us until the end of the earth. It was probably here since the early days of the earth.

There is lots of nonsense spoken on here.

Bodie1
13th Jul 2020, 10:18

Yes, like virus elimination.

ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
13th Jul 2020, 10:27
Heared on the wireless today that they estimate that 67% of New Yorkers have COVID anti-bodies in their system. The virus rate is plumeting in NYC so they seem to have achieved herd immunity.

The virus is here now and will be with us until the end of the earth. It was probably here since the early days of the earth.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/nyregion/nyc-coronavirus-antibodies.amp.html

I found a NYT article relating to this. Granted it’s only actually neighborhoods not the whole city with that level of antibodies. Will be interesting if this community’s level of immunity prevents it suffering a second wave.

Potsie Weber
13th Jul 2020, 15:06
Yes, like virus elimination.

Exactly, focusing on elimination is useless as Victoria is finding out. Back into lockdown is just stupid, which state is next, how long will state border restrictions be in force? We need to learn to live with this virus. Protect the vulnerable and keep the economy going to fund it.

Why take a COVID patient to a major hospital in a regular ambulance? It’s just nuts! We need COVID dedicated and specifically trained staff, dedicated hospitals, transport and welfare facilities. Highly professional, highly trained health professionals in specialist facilities that only deal with COVID and nothing else. No agency nurses, cleaners, security etc.

A big reason the UK failed, was that it didn’t protect the vulnerable. Suspected COVID patients were taken from aged care homes, to general hospitals, to be sent back to aged care homes due no beds. No risk of transmission there eh? I really think the whole structure of the health care system and the bureaucracy involved is as big a problem as the virus itself.

Instead of splashing $750 cash to 6.6million welfare recipients to buy LED TVs, why don’t we put that money to a COVID sick relief fund for those actually working and too scared to get tested or else lose work. Pay companies to implement continuous testing programs. Government subsidised sick leave for COVID or COVID risk quarantined workers. Higher pay for COVID health care specialist workers.

95+% of us can get this virus and get over it with no real medical intervention. Yes, there is a risk for anyone who gets it that it may become serious, but life is full of risks, much greater than this for most of us.

Xeptu
14th Jul 2020, 01:13
The latest research is saying antibodies are only good for about 3 months. A new more terrifying consequence is emerging within asymptomatic young people who were otherwise healthy low risk suffering blood clots and stroke.
We have a long way to go, best we do everything possible to avoid infection in the first place. I've seen enough to know we can't trust people to do the right thing.

Bodie1
14th Jul 2020, 01:25
A new more terrifying consequence is emerging within asymptomatic young people who were otherwise healthy low risk suffering blood clots and stroke.

So, a young bloke just walking down the street is gunna drop dead from blood clots and stroke?

That is absolutely terrifying. I vote we lock down the whole of Australia, inside their houses with absolutely zero permission to leave that house under any circumstance for two years.

This will have the secondary effect of finally reaching our road toll goal of zero deaths. It will also mean zero heart attack, cancer and other health issue deaths. Amazing.

Lets do it everyone, 'We're All In This Together' (Don't just say it, sing it in your best Kum Ba Yah voice).

Xeptu
14th Jul 2020, 01:53
Nah! that doesn't sound like fun at all. I already have my head around this is likely to take a sizeable portion of the global population, I may well be one of them despite doing all I can to not get infected. I'm more concerned about what the US will do when their all angry and looking for someone to blame.

Bodie1
14th Jul 2020, 10:56
I'm more concerned about what the US will do when they're all angry and looking for someone to blame.

Well, that'll dwarf the effects of covid eh.

Xeptu
14th Jul 2020, 11:49
Yeah! That's right, scary isn't it

currawong
15th Jul 2020, 11:03
So, a young bloke just walking down the street is gunna drop dead from blood clots and stroke?

That is absolutely terrifying. I vote we lock down the whole of Australia, inside their houses with absolutely zero permission to leave that house under any circumstance for two years.

This will have the secondary effect of finally reaching our road toll goal of zero deaths. It will also mean zero heart attack, cancer and other health issue deaths. Amazing.

Lets do it everyone, 'We're All In This Together' (Don't just say it, sing it in your best Kum Ba Yah voice).

No. But he might have trouble passing his Class 1.

"growing evidence that COVID-19 infections can result in severe, long-lasting neurological complications—including inflammation, psychosis, delirium, nerve damage, and strokes—even among patients experiencing mild cases "

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/dozens-more-cases-reported-of-neurological-problems-in-covid-19-67717

Bodie1
15th Jul 2020, 12:49
"growing evidence that COVID-19 infections can result in severe, long-lasting neurological complications—including inflammation, psychosis, delirium, nerve damage, and strokes—even among patients experiencing mild cases "

There's established evidence that being born is a major risk, from falling out of bed, to crossing the street, to even inheriting genes that may kill you. Scientists advise, in startling and confrontational terms there is a 100% certainty that you will die as a consequence of being born. They also advise that as a possible mitigator to the mental trauma of this certainty that you can choose to live on your knees or die on your feet.

Australopithecus
15th Jul 2020, 20:25
Scientists have also proven that idiotic cliche is a poor defence against covid-19.

Sunfish
15th Jul 2020, 21:31
Anybody arguing against the current lockdown is so bad at maths that they shouldn’t hold a pilot license.

Bodie1
15th Jul 2020, 23:00
Who's arguing against the current lockdown Sunfish? Victorians have gotten exactly what they deserve. Except of course the Mornington Peninsula, and regional Victoria, well they have to cop the consequences of you lot in Melbourne. Indescriminate stupidity.

Bodie1
15th Jul 2020, 23:02
Scientists have also proven that idiotic cliche is a poor defence against covid-19.

Scientists have proven that baby boomers shouldn't be listened to when it concerns matters that affect the community, when self consideration is the discussion, boomers are the experts. Scientists call this phenomenon 'I'm alright Jack'

Buster Hyman
16th Jul 2020, 02:13
Indescriminate stupidity.
You have eloquently summarised your recent posts. Well done.

Xeptu
16th Jul 2020, 02:47
Enjoy your retirement bodie, maybe see you on the road doing the grey nomad thing.

Icarus2001
16th Jul 2020, 05:52
Anybody arguing against the current lockdown is so bad at maths that they shouldn’t hold a pilot license.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-20/economists-warn-against-early-lifting-of-coronavirus-lockdown/12165934

So should Professor Foster hand back her qualifications as well?

Bodie1
16th Jul 2020, 07:44
You have eloquently summarised your recent posts. Well done.

No probs knackers, boomer are we?

Bodie1
16th Jul 2020, 07:45
Enjoy your retirement bodie, maybe see you on the road doing the grey nomad thing.

Not yet dude, got a few years left in me ;)

Bodie1
16th Jul 2020, 07:58
So should Professor Foster hand back her qualifications as well?

I'd suggest that the lockdown zealots will not be able to watch that 2 minutes with an open mind or critical thinking. I'd suggest that the lockdowns won't finish until those sucking on the federal government and state government teats start losing their jobs, until the boomers start losing their franked dividends and the banks don't pay dividends for a couple of years. Then we'll start hearing the whinging.

We hear incessantly the 'what about if your dad, mum, brother, sister gets it?' Well, we'll be starting to hear about the people taking their own lives in the next 6 to 12 months, this pressure takes time. Anyone who knows a ambo or police officer will be hearing about the extras they're picking up.

Australopithecus
16th Jul 2020, 08:25
I'd suggest that the lockdown zealots will not be able to watch that 2 minutes with an open mind or critical thinking. I'd suggest that the lockdowns won't finish until those sucking on the federal government and state government teats start losing their jobs, until the boomers start losing their franked dividends and the banks don't pay dividends for a couple of years. Then we'll start hearing the whinging.

We hear incessantly the 'what about if your dad, mum, brother, sister gets it?' Well, we'll be starting to hear about the people taking their own lives in the next 6 to 12 months, this pressure takes time. Anyone who knows a ambo or police officer will be hearing about the extras they're picking up.

So a sole economics professor thinks that we have a binary choice: Save lives or save jobs. The only country experimenting with that approach (Sweden) has a death rate 5-12x higher than its Scandinavian neighbours, yet its economy has contracted pretty much identically to those countries.

If you ever attended University you would know that there are some crackpot professors around, and legions of really quite good ones. Just like I don’t heed anti-vaxxers and climate deniers, I eschew people of whatever qualifications advancing ideas that are self-evidently wrong.

Must be the boomer in me.

Xeptu
16th Jul 2020, 08:27
I still don't get where you're coming from bodie, are you saying that if all the borders were open and restrictions dropped that everything will go back to normal like it was pre-covid

Sunfish
16th Jul 2020, 09:47
There is a video on SBS news tonight showing what breakdown looks like in a modern South African hospital. The staff have fled. Bloody rubbish in untended wards. Rats drinking blood on the floor. Overflowing toilets.

That is not because of the lethality of the virus, on that we are agreed.

It is because of the logistics of medical response to sick people - the logistics failed.

That same thing will happen in Australia if we listen to idiots wanting to open up for business.

‘If that happens now, you are in a drag race between the ability to provide medical care and the number of cases. We will lose that race until we have a vaccine.

‘’Take America - 3 million cases, 130,000 dead. Probably five times that many hospitalized, say1.3 million.

Now America is 300 million people. Extrapolate conservatively. 60 million cases. 25000000 dead and 26 million needing medical care. No system can handle those numbers.

ruprecht
16th Jul 2020, 09:58
The staff have fled. Bloody rubbish in untended wards. Rats drinking blood on the floor. Overflowing toilets.

TripAdvisor 1 star ⭐️

Xeptu
16th Jul 2020, 10:00
Yeah I have family who are medical staff and their concern is PPE, they don't want to be taking any risks should equipment supply, rubbish removal and sterilisation be compromised. The girls are seriously concerned about that. We have planned to keep all the girls in one home and support food and washing supply while the rest of us live in another home so there's less risk between family members.
I asked her what if you are presented with a patient who is a known pro let it rip and went to all the rallies. She just walked away and didn't respond.

Angle of Attack
16th Jul 2020, 10:01
I’ve been around a while, and Sunfish has been bagged constantly, I’ve never
personally attacked Sunfish even though he is the Bain of many posters here,
but I think he’s right on this one, in fact I don’t think pilots careers matter anymore
we are collateral damage and much more scary things are going to happen, such as
nuclear bombs, foreign troops invading, and basically mad max disasters. You may
think this virus is a sham but so did the western world when Nazi Germany started.
This is a virus brought by China to inflict maximum damage, they will follow up.

Xeptu
16th Jul 2020, 10:14
I don't know about that Angle, but collateral damage would be right, You know most Retired Airline Pilots when they flew their last line flight, didn't know it was their last flight at the time.
I'm inclined to agree with Allan Joyce on the statement that domestic demand and capacity is likely to be 40% of what it was pre-covid, for the next couple of years. I think the time frame is optimistic depending on how deep and for how long the recession that follows.

Buster Hyman
16th Jul 2020, 10:38
No probs knackers, boomer are we?
No. Why do you ask Karen?

volare_737
16th Jul 2020, 10:39
Sunfish if you are comparing the medical system of South Africa to Australia you gonna have to do a bit more research !!!! Most of those hospitals where like that before Covid-19 !!!

Stick Flying
16th Jul 2020, 10:48
That same thing will happen in Australia if we listen to idiots wanting to open up for business.

I think you've spent too much time watching zombie/doomsday movies. A senior doctor stated in that particular case "an epic failure of a deeply corrupt system". The virus response never had a chance given the corruption in such a political void. Unless you are actually saying Australias public health services are victims of a similar criminality?

SOPS
16th Jul 2020, 10:56
There is a video on SBS news tonight showing what breakdown looks like in a modern South African hospital. The staff have fled. Bloody rubbish in untended wards. Rats drinking blood on the floor. Overflowing toilets.

That is not because of the lethality of the virus, on that we are agreed.

It is because of the logistics of medical response to sick people - the logistics failed.

‘If that happens now, you are in a drag race between the ability to provide medical care and the number of cases. We will lose that race until we have a vaccine.

‘’Take America - 3 million cases, 130,000 dead. Probably five times that many hospitalized, say1.3 million.

Now America is 300 million people. Extrapolate conservatively. 60 million cases. 25000000 dead and 26 million needing medical care. No system can handle those numbers..

I have to agree with Sunfish

Sunfish
16th Jul 2020, 11:48
Stick, it was on SBS News tonight.

Bodie1
16th Jul 2020, 12:23
No. Why do you ask Karen?

Yeah, I call bull****.

Stick Flying
16th Jul 2020, 13:13
Its also in on BBC website. A senior doctor put the blame on the state of the hospital squarely in the lap of the corrupt system. I doubt a controlled easing of restrictions is likely to see scenes like that elsewhere.

Buster Hyman
16th Jul 2020, 13:48
Yeah, I call bull****.
Good for you Karen. Wrong again, but whatever.

dr dre
16th Jul 2020, 14:29
I'm inclined to agree with Allan Joyce on the statement that domestic demand and capacity is likely to be 40% of what it was pre-covid, for the next couple of years. I think the time frame is optimistic depending on how deep and for how long the recession that follows.

When was that comment made? Domestic capacity was going to be 40% already at the end of July until the recent outbreak delayed that. But that will only be delayed for a month or two. By end of the year most Domestic staff are expected to be stood up.

LapSap
16th Jul 2020, 15:43
I admire your optimism dr dre.

Even if the Government decides to stretch out the financial benefits payments a bit longer, by year end I expect a large % of the population are going to be in a world of hurt.
Australians’ propensity to stick everything on the platinum visa or afterpay is going to come home to roost.
Won’t be too many people splurging out on unnecessary travel for a while to come.
Capacity maybe (til the realisation hits that the seats aren’t selling) , demand no.

ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
17th Jul 2020, 02:14
I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between you 2. I doubt this is simply a 1-2 month delay on the original ramp up plan, it’s probably a bit more complex than that.

Bodie1
17th Jul 2020, 02:20
Good for you Karen. Wrong again, but whatever.

Again? I'm never wrong, I know it all, I'm the oracle. I've got that much spare time under my belt that I'm privileging you with my time. Don't abuse it.

Xeptu
17th Jul 2020, 02:25
Perhaps you should be planning your retirement bodie. Out of interest is there anyone left in these forums that "lived" black wednesday 1987 and the carnage that followed it

Stick Flying
17th Jul 2020, 07:39
Perhaps you should be planning your retirement bodie. Out of interest is there anyone left in these forums that "lived" black wednesday 1987 and the carnage that followed it
Yep, lost my job and my house.

17th Jul 2020, 07:47
Again? I'm never wrong, I know it all, I'm the oracle. I've got that much spare time under my belt that I'm privileging you with my time. Don't abuse it.
Gold.

Top post of the Wuhan Plandemic.

Bodie1
17th Jul 2020, 10:50
Gold.

Top post of the Wuhan Plandemic.

:rolleyes: If you won't take me seriously facebook will.

17th Jul 2020, 11:16
I know right. its science.

krismiler
17th Jul 2020, 14:10
Out of interest is there anyone left in these forums that "lived" black wednesday 1987 and the carnage that followed it

I remember it but as I was only 20 years old and working as an instructor at the time I didn't have any money to worry about. Putting a full tank of fuel in the car was a major financial undertaking in those days.

Bodie1
17th Jul 2020, 23:19
I know right. its science.

Yup, pprune science, Anastasia came here for peer reviewed scientific opinion, Chairman Dan didn't. Now look who's laughing!

18th Jul 2020, 00:19
Relax mate, the same educated people whom bought us 94 genders are handling this crisis.

WhataCrazyPlace
18th Jul 2020, 01:42
It already is “letting rip”. We had one chance to stop this. We almost did, when society didn’t know the mortality rate and people were scared of dying. Now when there are 288 cases recorded a day and climbing, the average Joe and 19 of his mates think it is still ok to order a bucket of KFC and have a house party at 130am. I.e. we have next to no chance of containing it second time round.

Dan Andrews has messed up, BIG time. Name me any leader, in the history of Australia, that has made an f-up even close to the same magnitude as this that threatens the entire future of our nation?

The biggest problem for Dan is he is apparently leading a state of f###wits who can’t follow basic instructions. You want to blame him for quarantine, well why was hotel quarantine implemented, because people couldn’t be trusted to stay in their homes and self isolate.

but of course I am sure you could do better, after all yours pilot.

Bodie1
18th Jul 2020, 03:27
You want to blame him for quarantine, well why was hotel quarantine implemented, because people couldn’t be trusted to stay in their homes and self isolate.

Yeah/Nah. Don't think trust was the reason for this.

It has been identified that on the 28th of March that Chairman Dan was strongly advised against using private security contractors to guard the hotels. But he went ahead and did it anyway. Brett Sutton has said that current outbreaks are the result of the failure of hotel quarantine. Andrews then made several statements blaming ALL Victorians for the current situation. It is known that there is one particular community group that has flouted the 'rules.'

There is one **** wit in Victoria, the fish rots from the head first.

Xeptu
18th Jul 2020, 05:44
well look at that, we actually agree on something

Bodie1
18th Jul 2020, 10:27
well look at that, we actually agree on something

Mate..............Carefully crafted pearls of wisdom. Stay tuned.

Thumby
19th Jul 2020, 23:00
The latest research is saying antibodies are only good for about 3 months. A new more terrifying consequence is emerging within asymptomatic young people who were otherwise healthy low risk suffering blood clots and stroke.
We have a long way to go, best we do everything possible to avoid infection in the first place. I've seen enough to know we can't trust people to do the right thing.
Don't believe everything you read, especially not every bit of 'latest research'.
I had Covid-19 in early April; cough, loss of sense of smell, badly fatigued and in bed at home for 2-3 days.
I gave plasma 2 weeks ago for the UK clinical trials using it as a treatment, and have enough antibodies they want some more.
And I'm fitter and healthier now than I've been for years.

There will always be outliers and oddities,the vast majority of people get it like a dose of flu and nothing more.

finestkind
20th Jul 2020, 06:58
There are certain things you can do to mitigate risk. Given the current state of affairs (pun intended) is it that much of an ask to minimise social activities. Unfortunately for the majority of the populace that drink excessively (yes Irene more than a bottle of Scotch a day is excessive), smoke, do drugs, don’t wear helmets/seat belts, (nature thinning the herd via the Darwin theory) etc, and behave in an anti-social way that causes a) a burden on the system via medical requirements b) a burden on society via medical requirements due to the others they take out, do need to be told with enforcement what to do. Comparison of risk or death toll with such things as road deaths are typical stats without all facts. How many road deaths are due to speeding, under the influence of something, in an unsafe vehicle, driving at a speed not commiserate with ability, fatigue etc. Remove these stupid things (yeah I am stupid but not so much now I’m through puberty)) and what would the road toll be. You maybe willing to accept the risk due to someone else’s stupidity but I would rather not.

On mitigating risk. Acknowledge that if doing so causes more damage then the “issue” you are mitigating against, than logic would dictate not to do so. The complaints that the economy is going bust and therefore remove all restrictions does not hold water as it has already been pointed out “Save lives or save jobs. The only country experimenting with that approach (Sweden) has a death rate 5-12x higher than its Scandinavian neighbours, yet its economy has contracted pretty much identically to those countries”. So what is the risk associated with minimising social activities. We cannot party, go to sporting events, behave idiotically (or appropriately if you are sub 25 y.o) in public to impress our friends?

A fair proportion of the world must be in bewilderment at people that complain about not being able to socialise as they walk the 10 miles to get their bucket of dirty water.

Xeptu
20th Jul 2020, 07:39
Don't believe everything you read, especially not every bit of 'latest research'.
I had Covid-19 in early April; cough, loss of sense of smell, badly fatigued and in bed at home for 2-3 days.
I gave plasma 2 weeks ago for the UK clinical trials using it as a treatment, and have enough antibodies they want some more.

There will always be outliers and oddities,the vast majority of people get it like a dose of flu and nothing more.

In the space of 3 months wow, you truly do have a hand on it

ozbiggles
20th Jul 2020, 09:08

Yep, except the over 400,000 who have died from it so far

Ngineer
20th Jul 2020, 11:42
Died from it, or died with it? I (and many others) am still not sold. There is a massive amount of misinformation and hype being spread by press, politicians and the like. Years down the track when this is over, it will be analysed and torn apart, and exposed for the total mess it has become and the damage it has caused.

ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
20th Jul 2020, 12:53
Died from it, or died with it? I (and many others) am still not sold. There is a massive amount of misinformation and hype being spread by press, politicians and the like. Years down the track when this is over, it will be analysed and torn apart, and exposed for the total mess it has become and the damage it has caused.

My career, my life, my finances (like most people’s here) have been turned upside down by this virus. Nothing in the world would make me happier than for the collective medical consensus to wake up tomorrow and say “you know what, we were wrong, we’ve had another look at this virus and it’s not that bad, you can go back to life as normal.”

But it’s just not going to happen.

Ive objectivity read plenty of information both for and against the deadlines of the virus and unfortunately the overwhelming majority of evidence is that this thing is no joke.

Ive even gone as far as to google ‘is the virus becoming less deadly’ and ‘is the death toll of the virus being over reported’ but there is a very slim amount of credible evidence to back up any of those ideas.

If you want to obtain your information about the virus from within a silo of sources that echo your pre-held opinion then that’s your right to do so, but I would encourage you to try and have an unbiased perspective of this crisis, as hard as that is for us to do.

Xeptu
21st Jul 2020, 02:45
Up to this point we have been dealing with containment of known and possible imported cases. Victoria is experiencing for the first time a wave of the pandemic (locally acquired source) it must be contained with zero new cases for at least two full virus cycles before it's deemed to be the end of the first wave.
All eyes on Queensland (most likely next) over the next few weeks, should it experience a locally acquired first wave outbreak.
For the first time we will know for ourselves just how bad or not it is for ourselves.

Turnleft080
21st Jul 2020, 04:10
[QUOTE=ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE;10841929]My career, my life, my finances (like most people’s here) have been turned upside down by this virus. Nothing in the world would make me happier than for the collective medical consensus to wake up tomorrow and say “you know what, we were wrong, we’ve had another look at this virus and it’s not that bad, you can go back to life as normal.”

But it’s just not going to happen.

Even if it did happen, their would be massive cover ups. Books will be written, movies will be made. One comes to mind "Capricorn 1" when a moon landing was done in a hangar.
They could do one on the WHO. Did they really know about this virus in November or earlier. Why did they not contain Wuhan in the first place. Chinese killing their own whistleblowers.
Remember My ViT D theory. I don't want them to come out in 2 years time and say "you know what, all the deaths all recorded a Vit D deficiency."
We still don't know anything about the 600,000 deaths. We need some autopsy results.
Careers, social life, finances may have been intact today, though somewhere in the chains of command errors have occurred and have not been picked up.
If only the WHO had had a FDR/CVR I wonder what would be revealed.

Xeptu
21st Jul 2020, 04:15
There's a problem with your vitamin D theory, how do you explain Florida

morno
21st Jul 2020, 04:41
We still don't know anything about the 600,000 deaths. We need some autopsy results.

Yeah you’re never going to get those, because you’re not entitled to see them. You know, patient confidentiality etc. Ohh wait, you’re just a pilot, you don’t know anything about that. That’s right, you’re just a pilot.

I haven’t seen any either, but I know medical professionals who have, and the results are frightening.

Keep going with your conspiracy theories TurnLeft, you’re just making yourself look more of a fool.

Turnleft080
21st Jul 2020, 04:50
There's a problem with your vitamin D theory, how do you explain Florida

Maybe they like their covid parties. Maybe some New Yorkers have driven down the freeway.
Though I just looked at worldometers at it seems Miami is worst hit then Palm Beach then it really thins out.
High density living in tall buildings is a another trend. Just like Nth Melbourne, Flemington.

Turnleft080
21st Jul 2020, 05:16
Keep going with your conspiracy theories TurnLeft, you’re just making yourself look more of a fool.

Just thinking outside the square. Patient Confidentiality. It's not private, it's a public disease.
But if I'm a fool for you at least that's something. Two hearts beat as one.

Veruka Salt
21st Jul 2020, 05:20
High density living in tall buildings is a another trend. Just like Nth Melbourne, Flemington.

That doesn’t explain Hong Kong’s relative success though. We’re in the 3rd Wave now, but have recorded only 12 fatalities & 1800 (ish) cases since the pandemic began. We’ve been wearing face masks since January, however.

Turnleft080
21st Jul 2020, 05:46
That doesn’t explain Hong Kong’s relative success though. We’re in the 3rd Wave now, but have recorded only 12 fatalities & 1800 (ish) cases since the pandemic began. We’ve been wearing face masks since January, however.

Fair enough I've been stumped. HK figures and Taiwan's are good though.
So the secret is to wear a mask. Here goes.
What's the fine if you don't wear one in HK.
Vic police are going to have a field day come Thur.
Maybe the state economy will start to recover in 4 weeks.
Their is a method of Dan's madness.

ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
21st Jul 2020, 06:08
Fair enough I've been stumped. HK figures and Taiwan's are good though.
So the secret is to wear a mask. Here goes.
What's the fine if you don't wear one in HK.
Vic police are going to have a field day come Thur.
Maybe the state economy will start to recover in 4 weeks.
Their is a method of Dan's madness.

I think in Hong Kong it’s more of a social convention. Kind of like how it’s inappropriate to leave the house without any pants on.

The rates of people wearing masks has been steadily increasing at my local shops, I’d say it’s up to about 70-80% now, 2 days before its compulsory.

Those that want to have a one man protest by heroically strolling bare faced through their local Woolies come Thursday will be the odd man out I suspect and will most likely comply within a week or two

Veruka Salt
21st Jul 2020, 06:08
As far as I know, fines only for not wearing on public transport. There is talk of fines for not wearing whilst in public, though. People just get on with the job of wearing masks here, particularly uncomfortable in 34 deg heat & 95% humidity.

Green.Dot
11th Oct 2020, 21:01
Dan Andrews has messed up, BIG time. Name me any leader, in the history of Australia, that has made an f-up even close to the same magnitude as this that threatens the entire future of the nation?

3 months on, still in lockdown, it’s proof that the Victorian Labor Government has screwed their own economy, and also held every other state back as well. DAs arrogant style of leadership (or lack of) will haunt the Nation for many years to come.

Derfred
12th Oct 2020, 14:31
3 months on, still in lockdown, it’s proof that the Victorian Labor Government has screwed their own economy, and also held every other state back as well. DAs arrogant style of leadership (or lack of) will haunt the Nation for many years to come.

They are the only state with open borders. Care to explain?

Green.Dot
12th Oct 2020, 19:49
They are the only state with open borders. Care to explain?

My point being if the Vic Govt didn’t let cases run away due to some poor decision making and the worst contact tracing in the country they would also have next to no cases. The outbreak caused panic amongst the other states. Had it not happened I suspect all states (maybe not WA) would be open without restriction. Pure speculation only.