PDA

View Full Version : ICAO ATPL to EASA ATPL conversion Austria

CaptSim
7th Jul 2020, 14:14
Hey guys hows it going.. I need your help regarding the conversion of my ICAO ATPL to EASA ATPL.. i am currently living in vienna but i also fly as a 320 captain for a foreign airline outside of Europe.. i have around 3500 total hours out of which around 550hrs are as 320 PIC..

i want to convert my ICAO atpl to easa atpl but am literally so confused how to go about it.. every school or training facility i email they just keep sending me some offers on ground school etc.. I was going through austro control but couldnt find much etc.. Has any of you guys given exam at austro control vienna before.. i have few ques questions and would be grateful if u can shed some light on them..

1.) Do i need to do EASA class 1 medical before i can sit for the EASA ATPL exams or i can do them without the medical?

2.) if any of you guys have given exams for austro control, how do i register for the exams and do i need to fill up only the atpl conversion form for the exam and send it to them..? Also i dont need any authorisation letter from ATO right as i already hold a ATPL?

3.) Which distance learning school or online study do you guys recommend for the EASA exams?

Looking forward to hear from you guys soon.. thanks heaps in advance..