PDA

View Full Version : SR20 runway overrun (OK_BOL & OK-AER) Qs

ChickenHouse
4th Jul 2020, 08:27
From here (https://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/11962-sr20-runway-overruns-ok-bol-at-lkfr-and-ok-aer-at-lzma?page=1): OK-BOL on June 19th at LKFR and OK-AER on July 2nd at LZMA, both from gras and both uphill.
I am having trouble assuming the SR20 has a problem with gras, but maybe frequent users can shine some light on T/O calculations for it?

Cirrus got his crash records straight by extensive training effort for everyone buying one.
Isn't there even a Cirrus training program for free to buyers of used Cirrus as well?
Given the Czech Republic is small, how many instructors for Cirrus Czechs may have to choose from?
I guess Cirrus is already looking at it and let's hope it was the same Cirrus instructor for the two pilots?

For education purpose, does Cirrus forbid recycling a fuselage after parachute deployment?

Duchess_Driver
5th Jul 2020, 02:25
There is nothing in the book about not landing on grass so whoever did their calcs probably slipped up somewhere. Been into grass a number of times - they don’t like wet ground as it sludges up the spats/pants and the springy undercarriage means you feel all the bumps.

If I recall correctly there have been cases where the fuselage has been recycled but depending upon where they land determines the additional damage and therefore repairs that take it beyond economical repair.

Most pics I’ve seen of a SR under a canopy, even on flat ground have busted nose wheels as well as a lot of gelcoat to re do.

A couple of years ago Cirrus were running the Embark program where you’d get three days from a CSIP or CTCI if you bought any Cirrus second hand - not sure if the programme is still running or not.

possel
5th Jul 2020, 14:37
In the OP link, they say that the first one was a 770m strip with 4 people, full fuel and a slope, and that this was never going to work!

ChickenHouse
5th Jul 2020, 15:46
In the OP link, they say that the first one was a 770m strip with 4 people, full fuel and a slope, and that this was never going to work!
Yes, both incidents were very similar, overweight - gras - uphill, which made me think whether they had the same instructor.

jmmoric
6th Jul 2020, 11:00
The only thing I've noticed on the SR20 and SR22, is that they both have, compared to other aircraft in their category, very high stall speed in clean configuration, okay in landing, but faster still.

Remember seing a youtube video on the subject.