PDA

View Full Version : leave

veryquietandshy
15th Aug 2002, 05:40
How much annual leave do you get ?

Smokie
15th Aug 2002, 19:51
This is a good one, last year in our company the girl, sorry , young lady in rostering who was actually quite niffty with her PC; had the life tortured out of her by 1, her imediate boss and 2, a very large percentage of our flight crew.
I, fortunately for me, wasn't in that percentage.

When she finally had deciced that enough was enough and handed in her notice, she also left a little present for those that had treated her with respect.....and for those that didn't.

Myself and several of my colleagues have found that this year we have had "extra leave "allocated, in my case 52 days instead of 42 ! This varies depending on who you speak to, one guy has had double his entitlement.
Also some of my colleagues have not been allocated their full entitlement, you can guess which percentage they lie in, can't you ?
Before the "ethics police "get on their high horses, my self and the colleagues who have been given this little bonus have all contacted rostering to inform them of the "adminastrative error."
The reply was that, they were aware of the problem but there is nothing that they are able to do to correct the problem; and that the program had been locked by the aforementioned with a safe guard of not allowing extra duties to be rostered.

I am not that good with PCs and I am still learning, can any one enter a program such as this that can't be unlocked ?

Don't p1ss off your rostering department I suppose is the short answer.

:) :)

411A
17th Aug 2002, 03:55
In two companies was constantly asked to do extra flights (crew shortage) and always complied. Received extra days leave instead of pay, and took them all. 103 days one year, 94 the next, all continuous. Normal leave was 42.
Company wanted to pay, I replied, "no way, want the days".
Ocean cruises are great.:)

boredcounter
17th Aug 2002, 19:53
How on Earth was that legal. Do you fly over my house?

17th Aug 2002, 22:29
Wish sombody'd p!ss the pay clerk off at my company! :D

411A
18th Aug 2002, 00:45
boredcounter

Fax from the DCA, which can do wonderous things in "lesser" developed countries.;) ;)

Smokie
19th Aug 2002, 21:07
I take it that the post at 2045 hrs 19th. 08. 02 has been deleted then ?:confused:

Bhing
2nd Sep 2002, 06:46
In my Company the problem for the Company is administrative incompetance. I can mention many situations but mine was good for me. I went on emergency leave and had approved leave for a few weeks. However, the situation took 10 weeks to resolve itself. during this time the pay kept coming and on my return I informed the boss. He said he would take care of it. Maybe he did and maybe he didn't but no leave was deducted from my balance.