PDA

View Full Version : P51D 44-72028 G-LYNE N514L

N707ZS
29th Jun 2020, 10:34
This P51D was at Teesside England UK for a number of years and as a teenager. I used to go and see if there was ever any progress with it's restoration by climbing onto a window sill and peering through some blinds.
I never did see anyone working on it only one day it was removed as it was sold to the USA.

Once in the USA the story seems to have gone cold in 2013, does anyone if it eventually flew again.

treadigraph
29th Jun 2020, 11:30
It was acquired by Lance Ricotta in 2014 and apparently restoration continues at Minter Field, Shafter, CA. That's Tiger Destefani's base though I don't know if he still does Mustang work. The wings were restored by the late Bob Odegaard's shop.

I recall seeing the aircraft as one of three in a hut at Duxford after Robs Lamplough recovered them from israel.

Fournierf5
29th Jun 2020, 12:26
This P51D was at Teesside England UK for a number of years and as a teenager. I used to go and see if there was ever any progress with it's restoration by climbing onto a window sill and peering through some blinds.
I never did see anyone working on it only one day it was removed as it was sold to the USA.

Once in the USA the story seems to have gone cold in 2013, does anyone if it eventually flew again.

. . . a plane with an interesting history . . . some relevant 'guff' and pix [[i]that you may not have seen] here (https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/flight-of-p-51-44-72028.49603/)