26th Jun 2020, 22:50
It’s so unfair. :(

https://youtu.be/7NsQcIBebOs

NutLoose
26th Jun 2020, 22:52
Must be fly by wire.

typerated
27th Jun 2020, 01:59
Just imagine how the accident report would have read if... the F-5 had skidded on the snow and pranged into the HAS.

I would suggest that a quick Risk/Benefit calculation would conclude the fun to be had did not equal the consequences of a SNAFU!

Also, I must have missed the Norwegians having a sense of humour. Who would have thunk it?

bgbazz
27th Jun 2020, 05:23
Red Two...follow me, line astern.

MPN11
27th Jun 2020, 09:10
The Auth Sheet would make interesting reading!

Green Flash
27th Jun 2020, 09:25
An early version of the TRD. Pockets stuffed with Bacofoil and away you go!

treadigraph
27th Jun 2020, 09:38
Nutloose, you were lucky to have a Landrover, best we could manage at t'Nakuru Gliding Club were an old Pontiac with half the doors missing...

Old wooden door hauled around between glider launches by the club's ancient Pontiac which was had 3 doors, bonnet and boot removed to lighten it for quicker acceleration. Yours truly, aged 7 or 8, was a passenger on the door with an adult member of the club when we hit the chalk runway numbers embedded in the grass - door tipped over and we took a ride across the bare chalk, leaving most of my legs behind. Well, some of the skin anyway. I like to think I took it stoically!

Tankertrashnav
27th Jun 2020, 12:06
Also, I must have missed the Norwegians having a sense of humour. Who would have thunk it?

Oh I don't know. Nephew was working in Norway recently and was asked the equivalent of eight quid for a small beer (half a litre).
He was convinced the barman was having a laugh.

sablatnic
27th Jun 2020, 16:23
One thing surprises . How come "landrover" comes out as "landrover"? Used to come out as "trabant".

ShyTorque
28th Jun 2020, 07:30
One thing surprises . How come "landrover" comes out as "landrover"? Used to come out as "trabant".

I’m fairly sure that was the site originator, Danny Fynes, little joke. Initiated for the benefit of his right hand man site moderator, who was a LR fanatic.

Mortmeister
28th Jun 2020, 09:27
Nice one Nutty!

Reminds me of 'Drip Tray' racing a behind a Vectra hire car through the HAS site at Bardufoss. PPE being a Flight Deck Helmet, Dew Liner and some sturdy gloves. I can report that no injuries were sustained, although a few nearly died laughing.
I believe the speed record was held by a certain Sqn Ldr of the religious branch (who shall remain nameless), but he did have 'his Boss' looking after him.
The B Shift Flt Sgt Eng tried to give this errant airman a good bo**ocking until the goggles came off and he realised he was addressing the Padre!

Happy days....

sablatnic
29th Jun 2020, 18:27
I’m fairly sure that was the site originator, Danny Fynes, little joke. Initiated for the benefit of his right hand man site moderator, who was a LR fanatic.
Thanks, that explains it!

Krystal n chips
30th Jun 2020, 06:51
With hindsight....cough !..I do not recommend the use of an RAF locker in lieu of a four man bobsleigh …...as demonstrated one snowy day in the woods at Halton.

sablatnic
30th Jun 2020, 20:29
They did the same in Sweden with Viggen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbiSo3ApGdw

Jhieminga
1st Jul 2020, 10:50
Could make for an interesting formation take off.

NutLoose
1st Jul 2020, 17:29
And if it melts..... no problemo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdTrr_VRKgU

Cerney218
1st Jul 2020, 20:23
We only had a landrover, but we also had a parachute, and as the lightest at the gliding school on that day (too windy for flying) I was the first one to try it. I did soar as soon as we moved forward but the tow rope was tied to the shoulder straps... I now know that I can hold my breath for at least 4 minutes. It didn't half give me a right good squeeze. We learned from that and the next one was towed off using a cut down seat harness. Great days as an ATC cadet.