PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Airways new lease aircraft

InZed
22nd Jun 2020, 21:33
Haven't seen anything online about this yet. I have heard that Virgin has has sub-leased (dry lease) an aircraft to them to allow them to recommence operations until their MAX9 is ready.

Anyone have any further info?

ozbiggles
22nd Jun 2020, 22:21
Oh no, another failed office update.
How stupid would it be not to have an asset making money in a distressed company. The bidders would love it, it’s money in the bank. Maybe a change of name to blue screen of death?

InZed
22nd Jun 2020, 22:55
Oh no, another failed office update.
How stupid would it be not to have an asset making money in a distressed company. The bidders would love it, it’s money in the bank. Maybe a change of name to blue screen of death?

They have pulled out of numerous routes (APW/TBU/RAR/POM etc), PS himself has said they have surplus aircraft to their future needs.

They've just offloaded five ATRs... And clearly the creditors are trying to 'right size' the business of offload leases where they can.

mates rates
23rd Jun 2020, 00:36
I believe the VA “basic plan” of the bidders is to start with about 40 737’s then increase the numbers as demand warrants it.As they currently have 82 737’s in the system,they will have a few for other leases.So this sub-lease would be very viable.

coaldemon
23rd Jun 2020, 06:12
Considering the aircraft has been sourced in China it is doubtful that it would be a VA one

ozbiggles
23rd Jun 2020, 23:09
I think VA had a few leased through Chinese companies so there may be a cross over there. Time will tell.