PDA

View Full Version : Avation remarkets five aircraft from Virgin Australia

dijical
22nd Jun 2020, 09:33
Avation has entered into agreements to lease two of the former Virgin Australia ATR 72-500s to an undisclosed commercial airline in Australia until the end of 2021. (https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/avation-remarkets-five-aircraft-from-virgin-australia/138931.article)
Any idea who's taking the ATRs?

ozbiggles
22nd Jun 2020, 09:37
Complete guess but maybe Heavilift. They are the-500 according to the stories so no great loss. The more interesting part of the story is they suggest the -600 are staying in Oz, now if that is with VARA it suggests VA might keep some size. All above my pay grade.

Wingspar
23rd Jun 2020, 01:19
I’d imagine that if the Queensland government are putting in money they’d insist on VA maintaining the regional routes in the state?

ebt
23rd Jun 2020, 01:55
From memory, these have already been with Hevilift for a while, having been sub-leased from Virgin, so I guess Avation is now just taking over the contract. Even if they weren't in administration, VA wasn't going to put the excess ATRs back into operation any time soon, and they have been marketing them through various brokers for a couple of years.

Mumbai Merlin
23rd Jun 2020, 02:20
Hevilift (Australia)
Check out the Hawkers paint shop in Cairns.

Duck Pilot
23rd Jun 2020, 10:46
VH or P2 tail numbers?

Plenty out of work type rated pilots with dual licenses around the place who are immediately available including check and trainers.

Maybe things are ramping up again, one could only hope so.

Mumbai Merlin
23rd Jun 2020, 11:51
VH for the ex Virgin aircraft to operate domestic in Australia.
Plenty of flight crews available, for a start all the Virgin ATR crew would be grateful for a job. The crew might have to get used to a lower cost base model; less pay but...
Hevilift Australia already operate ex Virgin ATR's on FIFO work out of BNE.

Duck Pilot
23rd Jun 2020, 13:59
Rumour network noted and all the rest of the assumed info, however my question was does anyone know if any of the ATRs going onto lease will be P2 registered?

Good luck to all those involved, it’s good to see things are improving.