PDA

View Full Version : PPL AVIATION LAW EXAM

cessnaman
8th Mar 2001, 22:36
I have just passed my Air Law exam. Just a quick note to say that if you have one coming up, watch out, some of the questions are confusing and read up on ICAO, they're hot on that at the moment.

They are not supposed to be trick questions but you must really read the questions carefully.

Hope this is of some use to someone.

Good Luck :)

Wrong Stuff
9th Mar 2001, 02:45
Thanks for the tip cessnaman. Did you get the ICAO stuff out of Thom or is there a better source??

matelot
9th Mar 2001, 11:44
Did mine a few weeks back: they like ICAO definitions e.g. 'slush'. And documentation for foreign travel.

Otherwise it was pretty fair. As with all multiple-choice exams read the question carefully!

Cheers.

------------------
Me, sweat? I'm that cool, it's condensation.

and the chap said
9th Mar 2001, 12:16
Wrong Stuff

Trevor Thom is a good source, but in addition, for JAA PPL you would be advised to read the PPL Course, JAR Supplement by Jeremy Pratt. This is a good book that updates you with all the additional info required for JAR PPL. Aviation Law is probably the one subject that has changed the most for PPL.

Top tip: Get yourself the JAA version of PPL Confuser, by Neung Sornying. It is excellent for revision.

Best of Luck,
ATCS

[This message has been edited by and the chap said (edited 09 March 2001).]

Rote 8
9th Mar 2001, 13:49
If you have the latest version of the Thom book there should be no need to rush out and buy the Pratt supplement. The latest copies of Thom have been updated to include a section relevant to the new JAR questions. You will know the up to date version because it has a red circle on the front with some spiel about being JAR Compliant. Gen up on ICAO and the official definitions and you should be fine.

Cheers

hasell
9th Mar 2001, 14:31
Thanks for the info guys, I hope to tackle air law very very soon...

Right, off to order me a copy of 'The PPL Confuser'!

cessnaman
10th Mar 2001, 22:06
Yes, the info is in Thom but you must read up well on the ICAO. Also the in my experience the PPL confuser would be good although I used the 'questions and answers book' which is different to the Confuser. This all depends on what set paper you get of course. I think two of the three are hot on ICAO and the Chicago Convention. An example: I can't remember it exactly but it went something like this: Under ICAO laws, do you have to carry your CofR or CofT in the aircraft on all flights? Under ICAO YES, you do. But under ANO As long as the flight terminates at the same aerodrome as departure NO. So you see what I am saying. You really have to read!

Cheers

cessnaman
10th Mar 2001, 22:14
Yes, the info is in Thom but you must read up well on the ICAO. Also the in my experience the PPL confuser would be good although I used the 'questions and answers book' which is different to the Confuser. This all depends on what set paper you get of course. I think two of the three are hot on ICAO and the Chicago Convention. An example: I can't remember it exactly but it went something like this: Under ICAO laws, do you have to carry your CofR or CofT in the aircraft on all flights? Under ICAO YES, you do. But under ANO As long as the flight terminates at the same aerodrome as departure NO. So you see what I am saying. You really have to read!

Cheers

DoWeHaveLiftOff?
13th Mar 2001, 11:54
Hi Wannabes:

Yeah!!!

I passed my Aviation Law last week too. Glad to get that out of the way. Aviation Law is supposed to be the hardest and the rest are supposed to be easy. But you do need to read up on it loads. There is so much on it.

Got my Met exam over the next week or two, busy revising now.

Good Luck everyone.
DWHLO?