PDA

View Full Version : Air travel restrictions into Gibraltar to be lifted on Sunday

Nil by mouth
19th Jun 2020, 11:42
19th June 2020.
Air travel restrictions into Gibraltar due to Covid-19 will be lifted as from this Sunday, June 21, the Gibraltar Government has announced today.
All incoming travellers with valid travel documents will be allowed entry into Gibraltar via Gibraltar International Airport.
https://www.chronicle.gi/air-travel-restrictions-into-gibraltar-to-be-lifted-on-sunday/

Zero cases of Covid-19 in Gib at the moment, so some folk are rather worried about the virus being imported from the UK.
Good news for EasyJet and BA though.
Due to the difficulty rating of Gib, I suppose only the more experienced aircrew will be back at work?

GeeRam
19th Jun 2020, 15:30
Zero cases of Covid-19 in Gib at the moment, so some folk are rather worried about the virus being imported from the UK.

I'm not surprised given the UK is one of the worst countries to have been affected by Covid, and the worst in Europe by some way.

I'm surprised any country that's currently at zero cases is letting anyone in from the UK!
I'm surprised that UK, USA, Brazil etc isn't at the top of the list of countries you DON'T want to be letting people come into your country from.

NZ has been virus free for some weeks, but has had a couple of new cases in recent days.....and surprise, surprise, its been traced to recent arrivals from the UK.

Herod
19th Jun 2020, 16:25
I guess checks will be done at the airport. Somehow, I don't see them just letting people walk in.

Economics101
19th Jun 2020, 22:47
"Somehow, I don't see them just letting people walk in".
It seems that at least some locals have been able to cross the Spanish-Gibraltar frontier for work purposes all along. And they usually walk in.

Max Angle
20th Jun 2020, 09:24
Due to the difficulty rating of Gib, I suppose only the more experienced aircrew will be back at work?

BA have been operating to GIB regularly (daily I think) during the Covid lockdown, good loads as well.

Uplinker
20th Jun 2020, 10:15

Captains must have had specific Gibralter training and a specific Gibralter line check, but do not have to be the most experienced in the company.