PDA

View Full Version : Training Interview

shuttle7B
14th Aug 2002, 20:40
I have applied for a Training job with Big Airways. Any hints, tips, things to revise before the interview? Any ideas on the format of said interview and any 'favourite' topics that will crop up??

Thanks,

Shuttle 7B

yotter
14th Aug 2002, 21:25
Hi Shuttle,
There are usually 3 interviewers - two from your own fleet, one from elsewhere. Someone will ask you a lot of technical stuff - fuel policy and safety altitudes always come up, latest FCNs, plus most of the specific aircraft limitations. You may then have to prepare a briefing where one of the interviewers is 'under training' - try to speak slowly, use the white board for diagrams and make eye contact with your 'trainee'.
Try to prepare good answers to the general questions that will be asked - e.g. why haven't you applied for training before, where do you see yourself in 5 years time etc.
Good luck, and if you don't pass first time, you will be better prepared for the next try.
Y

scanscanscan
19th Aug 2002, 21:29
I was told, to be selected and pass it helps if you are member of the famous Heathrow goat riders club, ie a Mason.
There is a past Balpa magazine article on this interview.
Published one Christmas it delt with the required techniques ( all the questions asked, and their model answers) to pass the training Capt interview at BA.
I recall the answer to the question, What is our company fuel policy and how do you feel about it? was "I feel it is really very important and probably with someone big like, Norwich Union."
Be aware you could end up "different" after a few years as a trainer and become all of the things you hated in trainers when you were a happy go lucky line pilot.