PDA

View Full Version : flight examiner...

newcrew
16th Jun 2020, 10:18
good day all

i am a 15 000 hr ATPL (9 000 hrs 737) , in addition i held a grade 1 flight instructor rating and was a SACAA approved flight examiner...
in feb 2020 i was declared medically unfit - this is likely to be permanent!
according to regs in South Africa i am able to do instruction on all FSTD but no testing!

what i would like to know is can "flight examiners" who have lost their flight medicals still test on FSTD's / Aircraft? (in Canada)

thanks for the help

+TSRA
16th Jun 2020, 21:31
Short answer is yes, Approved Check Pilots (ACP's) can conduct rides where the medical has been revoked. See here: Approved Check Pilot Manual. (https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/publications/tp6533-menu-1003.htm#s4_4) I can't speak about the DFTE's (those are the examiners who do licenses here in Canada, but my guess would be no as you'd likely need a current medical as that's all on-wing examination).

However, here is the catch:

Where an ACP’s medical certificate (Medical Category 1) expires or where Transport Canada has suspended or refused to renew an ACP’s medical certificate (Medical Category 1), the ACP may obtain authority to continue ACP duties in a simulator only provided an application for simulator-only authority is submitted.

That implies that you require the delegation before you can be moved to simulator only status. Unless you currently hold a Canadian license, you might be out of luck as to get the delegation you need a current license and, as you know, a current license includes a valid medical.

Furthermore, most (not all) ACP's in Canada are employed by an airline or other operator. There are companies who hire contract instructors and ACP's, but a call to Transport Canada is in order, to see if there can do some behind the scenes dark arts for you before you talk to an operator about sponsoring you for the ACP.

Taxdodge2015
14th Jul 2020, 02:12
Dear All,

I'm not sure where to ask.....

But I'm looking for an EASA medical examiner in Canada.
Any referrals would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Willie Everlearn
27th Jul 2020, 11:33
Dr. Perlman in Montreal.
cheers
Willie

Taxdodge2015
5th Sep 2020, 13:51
Does anyone know of any EASA approved Doctors in Vancouver?