PDA

View Full Version : shortfinals

TangoAir
14th Aug 2002, 17:59
Hi,

any opinion on feedback offered by shorfinals?

www.shortfinals.co.uk

I am specially interested in air law, my last test.

Any better idea to get some feedback?

Tango

laurie
15th Aug 2002, 00:38
Shortfinals are a bunch of likely lads / lasses - selling their ken on the ATPL exam thing.

They have made a number of forays into the forum creating openings to generate awareness of their website. Suspicious postings from very green usernames keeping the topic to the top of the list.

As to whether they are useful beyond the service you get at BGS, OATS, Atlantic or wherever, check the archives!...But why not ask the schools if they can provide this sort of stuff if you need a bit more....you may find they a lot to help you out, including sending personally tailored help at no extra charge....the human factor, just TALK to them!

On the other hand, ShortFinals may just help you out.....so why not give them a call and ask for a free sample of what they do?

If they sell their services to you, and you get a benefit that makes sense against buying yet another textbook, why not?

Good luck,

Laurie

laurie
15th Aug 2002, 00:43
Oops I just noticed you have put the URL in with your post - just like all the other fake "has anyone heard about Short Finals" posts.

But I tip my top hat to you guys, better than cutting grass I suppose whilst waiting for work!!!

Regards,

Laurie.

PS: Nearly had me fooled - 47 previous posts from this advertiser!!

flying without wings
15th Aug 2002, 20:30
Laurie I seem to get the impression that you may be jealous of these people fair play to them is what I say. Anyway you talk about samples I have looked at their site andthey have posted questions on thier forum site at:

www.shortfinals.co.uk/skytalk (http://www.shortfinals.co.uk/skytalk)

:cool: :cool: :cool:

laurie
15th Aug 2002, 22:23
Not in the slightest bit jealous. Sorry if it came over that way.

Had a look, cheers...Looks like some people out there could benefit from the product (still think you ought to be fine with your Groundschool feedback).

Regards,
Laurie.

Crashlanding
16th Aug 2002, 10:07
I bought there 7 packages option about a week ago, some stuff new some stuff what ive already got. No problems with them, they have been very helpfull. Granted there are a few questions with the wrong answer but you get that in all FTO's, with any luck ill email them all the ones I spot so they can keep it up to date.

TangoAir
16th Aug 2002, 11:44
Thanks, Crashlanding!

Tango

spurs077
16th Aug 2002, 17:00
Took the money quick enough but failed to post through the goods. I wouldnt recommend them!!!!

smitty747
16th Aug 2002, 17:06
I AGREE. £6 for 30 questions! what a rip off.

All the questions given are the same as feedback provided by the ground school.

Stick to your ground school guys.

SchoonerBoy
16th Aug 2002, 18:46
Couldn't have put it better myself Smitty.... so I won't!

GASH !
17th Aug 2002, 09:57
I ordered 2 papers, received nothing after 2 weeks so sent them an email. By reply I received 2 pdf files of an old Oxford paper that's been doing the rounds for about 18 months. Hardly what I'd call cutting edge feedback. Avoid !

laurie
17th Aug 2002, 23:35
Ouch!!!!

Tin hats on, short finals!

Still not jealous,

Laurie :D

SF.COM
18th Aug 2002, 09:50
(1)We have been informed of this thread running and feel that we should make a respone.
We have read the comments made since Tangoair's post and will run through them quickly. The question are we posting threads ourself Laurie is "no". Having met Danny (PPRUNE) we make an effort not to start any posts on this forum and generally will not reply to any negative posts. In our eyes these posts do the advertising for us.

(2) We have always stated on the website that your college is your primary source of information and learning, this is just another resource.

(3)The question of us taking money and not sending goods. At the beginning 1-2 orders did slip through the net, however these problems have been cleared up. We do have a support email and always state to contact us if there is a problem. Most orders are despatched within 24-48 hours. Comments such as these should be addressed to us were they can be sorted out.

In reponse to the questions. We can only source what is available. Yes Smitty 4 papers have less than the usual 100 questions due the subject that they are covering, but once again this should have been questioned with us and free papers or a refund would have been arranged. We could run the website for free Smitty, would you !

We are always trying to expand the product and YES it has been noted that one or two changes need to be made. The error rate however is very small and we have many more satisfied customers than non-satisfied. Out of the many orders which have been sent we have found two which may have not reached the customer.

Spurs 077. Email order number to [email protected]

Shortfinals -" A less negative approach to aviation"

P.S Thanks for your order TANGO!!

TangoAir
18th Aug 2002, 12:41
Well, to who is interested: I requested some feedback to SF and the response was send in less than one hour. And the material was excellent. So I ordered more and the second responsE was equaly good in quality and time.

Tango (with NO no personal interest in SF)

spurs077
18th Aug 2002, 16:08
What a crock of ****. TangoAir you should be doing adverts for washing powder!!

Crashlanding
19th Aug 2002, 08:06
I do have to say that I did get the 7 subjects I asked for within 24 hours, both by post and email.

I think that what everyone will find is you will end up with many questions that have gone out before because very few people remeber many questions when they come out of exams, and being honest very few are then willing to give them out to anyone. I know this from personal experience. I sat the Perf exam and remebered about 80% of the paper, I then gave this to everyone who wanted it, (Even on pprune). Then net feedback back from other poeple to help me in return was less than 5% of the poeple that I gave it to. In otherwords no one appaerently remebers questions from exams. So a question in one FTO will appear in probably all because of the above.

I have had no problems with SF they supplied the material on time in two formats for me. Granted A lot ive seen before but that is expected, if you FTO is no good then it will be a lot of new material, if your FTO is brilliant then you shouldnt expect the world from anyone unless they are in bed with a CAA invidulator.

Haul By Cable
21st Aug 2002, 10:38
When I heard about SF I wasted no time in logging on with a view to purchasing as much material as possible, relevant to the subjects I'm studying at the moment.

However, I was quickly discouraged by the fact that they don't give any examples of the material they supply (for example, I would be very likely to buy an aviation related book in a pilot shop/FBO if I was able to have a quick flick through it first). :(

Dufus
21st Aug 2002, 11:01
Haul,

I felt the same as you but have since found that on their PPRuNe type forum (thinks its called Sky Talk or something similar) theres a forum with examples on, not many but enough to convince me so I bought.

Ta muchly

Dufus

:cool: