PDA

View Full Version : Help in CPL License conversion (Canadian to Indian)

maverick787
8th Jun 2020, 23:36
I Would really appreciate any advice or guidance on how I need to go about converting my Canadian CPL(Transport Canada) with IR Rating --To-- Indian CPL(DGCA) . I have gotten tons of conflicting information from students as well as flying schools in India on the ''Recency requirements''. I have done all my flying in Canada.

What I currently have:

Canadian CPL with Group 1 IFR
260 Hours Total Flight Time
105 Hours PIC Time
54.6 Hours Total X-Country Time
24 Hours DUAL on the Twin DA42
A valid IndianĀ FRTOL, RTR and Class 1 MEDICAL
Cleared DGCA Composite Paper in 2017

I am currently in Canada, trying to finish the 15 Hour Solo Requirement by DGCA for the 6 month recency. I would like to complete all recency requirements here before coming to India to fly the Final Check Flights.

I would really appreciate any guidance from anyone who has gone through or is currently going through the conversion process.

Thank you

HemanthAvi
23rd Jun 2020, 13:32
Hi,
I am not a pilot yet. I am not in process of conversion. But I can say you need to have the following in preceeding 6 months.
1. 15hrs PIC
2. 5hrs instrument time in the SE/ME. Depends upon in which you would like to endorse your DGCA CPL IR
3. 5 hrs night time PIC with 10 take off and landings.
4. atleast10 hrs of PIC time in the aircraft that you wish to endorse it on your license, say for a Multi-Engine aircraft for which you don't need to give GFT tests and Xntry day/night checks in India, as you only need to give checks for only one type of aircraft during conversion. So, Checks in single would be fine and multi-engine can be endorsed using valid docs requested by DGCA and at least 10hrs PIC time as stated in preceding 6 months. This is fact is valid for other SE/ME trainer aircrafts.
5. Current medicals, RT, exams, and other licenses and ratings.
6. GFT tests and Xntry test of 250NM by Day and 120NM by Night, IR checks
7. Pass Signal reception tests(6-8 words per minute) in Indian flying school or your flying school abroad.

All things mentioned above should be current in preceeding 6 months from the date of application to DGCA.

rakshit1184
9th Sep 2020, 09:31
Hey,
Any idea for where I can give Signal Reception Test.. I haven't applied for IR just the CPL and Multi engine conversion.
Now I got a shortfall for the Signal Reception Test and whatever flight school I call they say I've to do IR in order to get a Signal Reception Certificate.