PDA

View Full Version : FI(A)R LAPL only

grypsy
7th Jun 2020, 14:21
Hello,

I know that "EASA FI(A)R LAPL only" can only instruct to full LAPL license (no PPL license) but what about ratings ? I wounder, can the "FI(A)R LAPL only" train and revalidate SEP rating for PPL(A) license holder ? Or above FI can only and only train for that LAPL license and nothing more ? And to train/revalidate SEP rating this FI should have CRI-SE in addition ? SEP rating for both licenses are the same...same the Night rating...

Regards

Whopity
7th Jun 2020, 16:06
Its all a bit of a nonsense but as there are no aircraft ratings on a LAPL there is nothing to train for. The FI(LAPL) can train for a LAPL Night Rating but to do the rest obtaining a CRI solves the problem, except that a CRI cannot train for a night rating.

grypsy
7th Jun 2020, 16:15
So as a holder of LAPL only I can't train for Night rating in PPL and can't revalidate SEP in PPL license. I can only teach to full LAPL, Night rating, and revalidate SEP in LAPL license. Even if Night rating training and revalidation of SEP for both licenses looks the same. Am I right ? I know that CRI solves the problem.

Whopity
8th Jun 2020, 11:57
There is no SEP in a LAPL it has no ratings. SEP or TMG are endorsements. You can do the dual flight with a LAPL holder but there is no revalidation to be done.

Jawzyjawz
8th Jun 2020, 12:46
Hi,

From my understanding, as the FI is endorsed with:
(b) Instruction towards class and type rating for single pilot, single engine aircraft....

Then a LAPL Only instructor is able to instruct for the initial issue, revalidation or renewal of an SEP(land) rating [assuming the instructor holds the rating them selves] if the student is a current holder of an EASA PPL, CPL, or ATPL? After all, point (b) has nothing to do with a '/For LAPL(A) only' since you can not attach a SEP rating to it....?

Whopity
8th Jun 2020, 13:07
Carry on reading:
FCL.915.FI FI — Prerequisites

(2) hold at least a PPL(A) and have:
(i) met the requirements for CPL theoretical knowledge, except for an FI(A) providing
training for the LAPL(A) only;