PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Quicksilver

VectorLine
14th Aug 2002, 15:18
I know this has sod all to do with air traffic, but I couldn't work out which forum to post on.

Anyway - I saw on UKATTS web site, that ALAMO has a service called quicksilver which appears to save a lot of time when picking up your rental car.

Has any one used it? If so, how do I sign up from the UK? The on-line form seems very US specific, asking which state you got your driving licence in etc etc...

Cheers

VL

Bigears
15th Aug 2002, 10:16
Login, click 'car hire' (lhs 4 down), scroll down and click 'Quicksilver', and theres the info you need......... :)

The Truth
15th Aug 2002, 23:41
Used it loads of times - never yet got the actual card though - just stick your nominated Credit Card in the machine and Bob's your uncle :D great at places like Miami and LAX where queues at counter can be horrendous.

A little tip though: If you use the service a year or more after registering, when you go to pick up your car it will ask you for updated driving licence expiry info - DO NOT enter the expiry date on your UK licence (mine is 2032) cos US licences are only valid for a much shorter time and if you put in (2032 for example) machine throws a wobbly and you have to trek back to that huge queue at the counter - BTDT :D just add a year or so to the current date.