PDA

View Full Version : easyJet Roadshow

Low-Pass
14th Aug 2002, 15:14
Hey guys and gals,

easyJet have a roadshow out at Heathrow tomorrow. I've read past threads that say that it's really just a bit of sales talk, that they don't take a register to see if you've shown up and basically that they are a waste of time and have no bearing on whether or not you get employed with them.

How true are these comments and/or are they still valid?

Cheers,

LP

foghorn
14th Aug 2002, 15:21
Only one way to find out, I suppose. I should be there from about 6pm onwards (after work, going by public transport :()

Go-Around
14th Aug 2002, 15:39
Is it worth low hour guys and girls attending in future?

Jinkster
14th Aug 2002, 16:17
Going to EMA on the Tuesday session, see you guys there.

Jinkster :D

jasonjdr
14th Aug 2002, 16:17
LP / Foghorn

Could you let me know where the roadshow is to be held? and what times it will be running from / to?

Ta in advance.;)

Low-Pass
14th Aug 2002, 19:05
GA - Good question. According to past posts on the subject, no. But maybe things have changed and that's why I'm interested in the opinion of someone who's been there recently.

jasonjdr - It's at the Mariott Hotel, Heathrow between 1500 and 2000 hrs.

foghorn
15th Aug 2002, 12:37
Well folks, a bit of a disaster at home means that I can't go to the roadshow.

I'd appreciate your feedback on whether it was worthwhile, LP.

Have a good one,
foggy.

Bob Fleming
15th Aug 2002, 12:47
I don't know about you, but I'm going along with the old trusty trick of a crisp £5 in the top pocket of the most senior person there and then say 'now lets talk salary'. Simple

see you at lhr this afternoon!

CliffordAgius
15th Aug 2002, 14:16
Does anyone know how i can get more details on the roadshow. What it's about, who can/can't attend etc.

Thanks.

Jinkster
15th Aug 2002, 16:05
ALL THE DETAILS CAN BE FOUND IN THIS WEEKS FLIGHT INTERNATIONAL ON THE BACK PAGES.

Dan Winterland
15th Aug 2002, 21:03
Their roadshows are simply a publicity and information event with no applications being taken. The only way of applying is on line - a fact which they make very clear during the presentation.

Gazeem
15th Aug 2002, 23:13
I don't know Dan - I managed to liberate a nice 737 model!

Low-Pass
16th Aug 2002, 09:03
So what was it like guys and gals? I didn't end up going as I was busy checking out the ladies toilets at the London mini-bash down the road.

Useful or just hearing publicity stuff that we've all heard before? Comments?

kwaiyai
16th Aug 2002, 17:38
I agree its a load of sales talk too. The last one I went too the first question was anyone here with 737 TR. I understand over 100 pilots with jet time have applied already. Has anyone tried applying online I have twice and never got a confirmation.
Cheers.:mad:

Broken Wings
16th Aug 2002, 17:53
Jinkster - have sent you a private message - see you there?

Dan - those of us unemployed have to make every effort and maybe, just maybe showing your face having already applied just might help you move higher up the list. Have applied to VA too so may see you one day.

kwaiyai - I didn't hear for 4 months but in the last 3 weeks have received 2 email updates. It appears that if you got the "Thanks ...." screen after submitting your online application and assuming you entered your email address correctly you should be on their mailing list. It may be "sales talk" but to have gone to the expense of two roadshows surely means they want more people to apply?

kwaiyai
16th Aug 2002, 21:29
Dats encouraging news BW I got those emails too. I hope like you they'll carry on needing more crew.
Regards.:)

Dan Winterland
16th Aug 2002, 21:50
Hi BW, hows life in sunny Wales?

Yes, I suppose meeting the chaps at eJ could help your case if they like you, but bear in mind that the selection of candidates foe interview is done by the computer initially. It looks at the applicants who fit the parameters for the search and prints out their applications. If the leading parameter for that days search is 'preferred base Belfast' then having Luton on your application will probably mean no interview.

Also bear in mind that eJ will not look at you ever again should you either turn down a job offer or fail the selection. Or if you're caught nicking one of their models Gazeem!

You won't be seeing me at VA as I've resigned! Long story, mail me if you want the details. But as far as VA recruiting is concerned, expect some news soon.

eagerbeaver
18th Aug 2002, 10:09
Dumb question but, whats the dress code? smart or the easy jet casual thing? i will be instructing all day b 4 the dash to east midlands and wont have much time to get all shiny and clean..

Bob Fleming
18th Aug 2002, 11:31
wasn't sure about this myself - but having been to the lhr one most people were smart casual others were in suits - doesn't really matter as long as you don't look scruffy!

Splat
18th Aug 2002, 15:34
Well, having just returned from two weeks in the med, only to find the good people at EJ ran a roadshow at LHR last week.

I can naturally make the one at EM, but it'll take a bit of negotiation with the office, 3 hour drive and it's my daughters birthday to boot. (Not forgetting that I'll be letting foghorn down on our regular Tuesday evening sim sessions).

So, can someone who went to the Heathrow one let me know what it was all about, did you feel it enhanced your GoEasy chances, or was it more of a presentation on their behalf?

TIA

S

G-SPOTs Lost
20th Aug 2002, 19:34
Couldn't make the East Mids one but now its over what was the score?????

How has it changed over and above the normal sales presentation, after the go acquisition.....

Splat
21st Aug 2002, 06:30
What I don't understand about these roadshows, is what's in it for Easy? If they used it as a way of getting applications, or as a multiple face to face to helpthem choose applicants, fair enough, but that's not what I understand happens.

In the current climate, do they really need to drum up applications? Surely they must have a surplus, me for one......

S

MJR
21st Aug 2002, 08:13
I attended the presentation in the East Midlands yesterday. The word is Easy/Go are looking for a 120 pilots a year for the next few years to fly an anticipated 120 new aircraft. Easy/Go will be fully integrated by the end of 2003 and will even have the same AOC.

In terms of recruitment they want type rated Captains and First Officers ideally. If you dont have a type rating then you must be either a CTC cadet or have creditable experience on turbo props to be even considered for the selection process. There are 9000 applicants on the data base, applicants are only rejected if they are over 60 or dont have the right to work in the EU.

The selection process is a rigourous 48hour assessment where suitable candidates must show Command potential otherwise they will fail. They are looking for people who can slide over to the right seat in a few years. Apparently they have a 24 year old training captain who probably got his PPL when he was a fetus.

Easy/Go are pursuing approval to provide 737 300/700 type ratings simultaneously.

The coffee was OK amd there were biscuits too.

Was it a waste of time? No a good opportunity to meet qualified pilots and talk shop.

TTFN

MJR

Broken Wings
21st Aug 2002, 14:24
Agree with MJR and I too thought it was worth the long drive. Why?
1. Those who attended, and have applied online, will be informed within the next few weeks where they are in the electronic pile of applications. "A reward for making the effort to attend".
2. You could speak to the Chief Pilot, a Line Pilot, Joyce (Pilot Recruitment)and others direct and get answers that the online application system does not cater for. eg I have a restricted medical and wondered whether I would be discriminated against - CP says that each case is looked at individually and providing you are honest and the condition is stable then it should't be a problem.
3. I believe face time is valuable in the job search and it might make a difference. I hope so.