PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Flight Training Centre

dragon man
29th May 2020, 01:06
Standby for an announcement that building has stopped at Mascot because Joyce has spat the dummy because the NSW government won’t give him any money and he’s putting it out to the highest bidder.

V-Jet
29th May 2020, 01:09
Standby for an announcement that building has stopped at Mascot because Joyce has spat the dummy because the NSW government won’t give him any money and he’s putting it out to the highest bidder.

Does QF actually own the property?

Aipa could move heaven and earth to grab it - nice little insurance policy:) Much as the thought brings bile and physical revulsion to every pore of my soul, the idea of having Joyce bent over to prepare for a reaming does hold some appeal.....

CaptCloudbuster
29th May 2020, 02:12
Are you alluding to a move away from Sydney? If so what’s the problem? Thankfully Mr Joyce isn’t as myopic as some here would have him be:D

Beer Baron
29th May 2020, 03:25
So what’s the inside story? I understood the NSW gov was compulsorily acquiring the land the current training centre sits on to build the Sydney Gateway road. This was why they were paying some/all of the relocation cost. What’s changed?

Going Boeing
29th May 2020, 03:26
My understanding of the original cost to build and relocate the simulators was going to be funded by the NSW government as they need the land that the current training building is on (QF Jet Base) for their new road infrastructure. AD’s email indicates that funding is no longer available and QF is not going to make up the difference, especially in these times.

The threat to the NSW government is that the simulators will be moved to facilities in Melbourne & Brisbane which means that all the training and support staff would have to relocate thus reducing the income for the State’s coffers.

Maybe, NSW will have to try even harder to get Virgin’s HQ moved to Sydney to offset the loses.

normanton
29th May 2020, 03:26
You would have thought an agreement would have been reached before they started construction.....

Chad Gates
29th May 2020, 03:39
Where are the existing facilities in Queensland? Will they put them in the hanger?

Street garbage
29th May 2020, 04:04
So in the long term- I know our Management never thinks beyond this years KPI's- how much will that cost the Company? I don't have the figure, but say approx 45% of the crew now need to be paxed somewhere, overnight cost etc etc..someone please shoot me, I am thinking like a bean counter...

Going Boeing
29th May 2020, 04:11
Where are the existing facilities in Queensland? Will they put them in the hanger?

I suspect Alteon for the simulators and Aviation Australia for the EP training.

wishiwasupthere
29th May 2020, 05:45
There’s likely to be an empty Virgin/Boeing sim centre in Brisbane shortly.

Wingspar
29th May 2020, 05:50
What annoys me is that the announcement today is just a negotiating ploy!
Peoples jobs are on the line here and to have them read this in this time of uncertainty is inexcusable.

CaptCloudbuster
29th May 2020, 06:29
What annoys me is that the announcement today is just a negotiating ploy!
Peoples jobs are on the line here and to have them read this in this time of uncertainty is inexcusable.

Or is it a tough decision taken by Qantas Mgmt to proceed with “plan B” at a “go / no go” stage of construction after being excluded from bilateral consultations between SYD Airport and the NSW Govt? A sound decision given the parlous state of our Aviation Industry?

V-Jet
29th May 2020, 07:33
Who owns the land they are building on?

neville_nobody
29th May 2020, 07:51
There’s likely to be an empty Virgin/Boeing sim centre in Brisbane shortly.

Why's that? Are Boeing pulling out of Australia?