PDA

View Full Version : Ops Normal - incompetence

controlledrest
28th May 2020, 21:49
Whilst some lose recency others are working overtime. If the company was competent this wouldn't be the case.

As always they look to cut costs, rather than add value by managing properly. In this case its rostering. CMP won't improve things as the company can't take their hands off the levers and let someone truly competent implement a full system.

cxorcist
28th May 2020, 22:57
Whilst some lose recency others are working overtime. If the company was competent this wouldn't be the case.

As always they look to cut costs, rather than add value by managing properly. In this case its rostering. CMP won't improve things as the company can't take their hands off the levers and let someone truly competent implement a full system.
Are you surprised? I would be surprised if it were any other way. Rather than manage, much less lead, they are totally preoccupied by figuring out how to screw those at the pointy end. Some things never change.

Sam Ting Wong
28th May 2020, 23:38
Thousands of pilots unemployed or furloughed, and thousands more will be.

Meanwhile you guys are kept on full pay and complain about overtime and our evil and incompetent employer.

mngmt mole
28th May 2020, 23:53
You might like to have a chat with some of our Aussie brethren before pontificating about "full pay" STW. :rolleyes:

controlledrest
29th May 2020, 00:00

Meanwhile you guys are kept on full pay and complain about overtime and our evil and incompetent employer.

STW, it appears you didn't understand what I wrote. My 'complaint ' is that some pilots are doing overtime and getting close to double pay, whereas other pilots who are still receiving pay are doing no flying. This is a waste of money when cash flow really matters.

I am doing stuff all flying, so my pay is down without the Hourly Duty Pay.

Flex88
29th May 2020, 00:04

Seems every time someone verbalises re the incompetent and wasteful CX managers there's always some who slide out from under a rock and criticise them for doing so ?? Usually the bend over and take it type..

cxorcist
29th May 2020, 01:51

This is why you would be perfect for the third floor. They hire FOs you know? You might have to start out on that scruffy CRM course, but I’m sure you could talk your way up there.

Bokpiel
6th Jun 2020, 17:28
I am doing stuff all flying, so my pay is down about 30%.

How can you be down 30% unless you are on CoS18?

cxorcist
7th Jun 2020, 07:10
How can you be down 30% unless you are on CoS18?
Uhhh, maybe he’s on a base. 80% salary plus no HDP (10%)... I think that rounds down to 30%.

Bokpiel
7th Jun 2020, 07:15
Uhhh, maybe he’s on a base. 80% salary plus no HDP (10%)... I think that rounds down to 30%.
He said his family lives in HK so I doubt it?